Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge 10/1/13-12/31/13

DigitalRain

I washed my hair and after working in my Miss Keys conditioner and detangling, I twisted my hair in about 6 big twists. I'm slowly starting realize that I cannot allow my hair to shrink now that it's gotten longer. I learned my lesson 2 weeks ago. Let my hair shrink and wore an afro puff to work for a few days and my hair friggin almost loced up into one big ball.

Got medium twists in for a week.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I washed my hair and after working in my Miss Keys conditioner and detangling, I twisted my hair in about 6 big twists. I'm slowly starting realize that I cannot allow my hair to shrink now that it's gotten longer. I learned my lesson 2 weeks ago. Let my hair shrink and wore an afro puff to work for a few days and my hair friggin almost loced up into one big ball.

You are so right!!

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I don't know what style I'm going for this weekend. I may just put it into two big pinned up Celies with a headband..not sure. I was going to do some flat twists, but now I'm feeling a little tired.

whit923

I know I've been MIA, but wanted to update with my latest set of loose twists. They are quickly becoming my go to style.

image-1253833627.jpg

Leslie_C

DigitalRain you are so right! I typically style my hair wet....well I got the bright idea to let it dry a little with a t shirt like I've read some people do and planned to proceed to put it in medium chunky twists. Wow...when I took that tee off my head it had shrunken into a James brown afro and felt parched. This was near bedtime so I just went to bed with it and in the morning cowashed and started from scratch with my go to wash and go. In the future I'll have to put in some braids or twists our band it first if I'm not going to style it wet.

BraunSugar

I've been taking full advantage of ponytails and buns. I was supposed to put in mini twists but I don't think I want to now.

faithVA

I am not planning on hosting the next challenge. I'm not planning on staying in twist or braids and my hair isn't long enough to bun.

Anyone willing to host the next challenge?

jesusislove1526

These are pics of my latest set of mini twists with braided roots. I've had them in since November 10th and just braided and retwisted the perimeter. I'm not taking them out until just before Christmas in preparation for my 3rd annual flat iron. At the beginning of January I am going into braids for a while, so I won't be joining the challenge for the first leg of 2014. I'll be back after that though.

Attachments

• 11-10-13--Mini Twists w BR.jpg
    11-10-13--Mini Twists w BR.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 91

FoxxyLocs

I had to wash my hair with my twists in because I was short on time. I used rollers on the ends to keep them from tangling and sealed them heavily after I conditioned. I really hope I don't get any knots from this. I would hate to have a setback.

On the other hand I'm realizing how much I miss wearing my hair in (curly) twists. They are such a cute and easy style. I'm going to re-seal my ends every couple of days and see how it goes. I won't have time to re-do my hair for another week or so.

DigitalRain

Almost the end of the year. My last set of twists lasted 2 weeks. Washed and retwisted today with slightly smaller twists and I know I will have to moisturize the hell out of them to keep them from matting.

Amazing how much growth I'm getting from wearing twists. I wanted to try braiding the roots and then twisting but something told me I'd regret it. :lol:

Duchess007

I'm in 6 jumbo twists. Will probably start wigging it at the beginning of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ok ladies. I haven't posted in awhile due to exhaustion with everyday life but I wanted to give a quick update to the breakage I had with my wet buns

image-3170477711.jpg

I have made progress! I just cowash everyday, slap some castor oil in, gel, brush the front/back & sides up and put one elastic band on to make a curly bush.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
End of year lc. My ends don't seem to be suffering from my twists regimen. I will dust a little off though.

ForumRunner_20131228_182509.jpg

ForumRunner_20131228_182528.jpg

ForumRunner_20131228_182603.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

FoxxyLocs

Still bunning. I'll be starting the new year with wash day - shampoo/DC/blow dry/flat iron. Then back to bunning. My ends are still in good shape. I'll probably dust sometime next month.

faithVA

[USER=313695 said:
Tibbar[/USER];19461611]What does the host have to do?

The host main job is to be an active participant in the thread to keep it alive. How that is done varies by each person. But typically the host greets new people, encourages others and answers questions when they can.

prettybyrd

Anyone decide who will host yet? I've been looking for this challenge because I am planning to wear twists, braids or buns for the entire year, and I was looking for a little camaraderie.

Tibbar, :poke: :)

toaster

faithVA you're doing so many challenges this year and this challenge is perfect for me so I'll start a new thread.

Hope you don't mind me using your platform for the first post!

Tibbar

Anyone decide who will host yet? I've been looking for this challenge because I am planning to wear twists, braids or buns for the entire year, and I was looking for a little camaraderie.

@Tibbar, :poke: :)

prettybyrd
You know I want to poke you back, right? :grin:
>>>>>>>> Do you want to host? :yep:

I will probably continue to wear mostly twists as I have the past three years BUT I don't want to commit to host and not be able to carry the load. I'm facing a tough school year
(7th grade Special Ed Science teacher)
new standards, new evaluations, a lot of prep.... :ohwell:

---I'm willing to help out anyone who is willing to host ---

faithVA

[USER=388763 said:
toaster[/USER];19463643]faithVA you're doing so many challenges this year and this challenge is perfect for me so I'll start a new thread.

Hope you don't mind me using your platform for the first post!

Thank you. I certainly don't mind.

I'm not hosting because I am wearing my hair out for a while. Don't think I will be back in twist until my twist hang past my ears, whenever that is :ohwell: