Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (10/1/2012 -12/31/2012)

-PYT

pookaloo83 girl I'm sitting under the dryer in mine now. Must have made smaller sections this time cuz I ran out of curlformers! Gonna order some more. Got the hang of installing them now at least. These thangs heavy!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
-PYT was right. Them curls was SOOOFFFTTT! I'm going to have to work out the right combo of products to get a firm hold..

I then did an updo

More pics in the everyday thread...

MeowMix

^^bajandoc86. I've got to run over to the everyday thread. Your hair is luscious. Thinking about curlformers.:yep:

isawstars. OMG What? Your hair went from SL to APL that fast?? I'm so glad you came back for the reveal. CONGRATULATIONS :dance7:

youwillrise

crap...speaking of reveals...i dont have any before pics...not that it matters much, it was only recently i got back into taking care of my hair...so there wont be much difference.

-PYT

latest curlformer set: Will most likely wear the curls tomorrow then bun/updo :)

This time I actually wanted a softer hold so that it'd be easier to finger-manipulate my hair into a bun later on. Only used a water-based creamy leave-in and some aloe vera gel. If stretching hair with curlformers is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

pookaloo83

My loose twists in a donut bun. Will wear for a week. But may take down to wrap the donut in a satin sock because its that wire mesh material like a plastic Brillo pad.

Sent From My Pheauxne

Attachments

• image-249536677.jpg
    image-249536677.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 43

Kimeshajohnson

So I'm going to attempt to wash my hair while keeping my cornrows in...I've heard about doing it in a stocking/wig cap...anybody have any other tips?

faithVA

I'm wearing a WNG but I need to put in my coils. Don't feel like doing my hair :lol: I need some extra length so I can bun.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Love everyone's curlformers and twist styles. I'm still in twists...will keep em in till next wash day. Then I will probably bun for the last week of December and do a final length check then.

TruMe

I am soooo ready. Wore my hair in a WnG this weekend. Tomorrow it is back into a bun for the week.

-PYT

Bunned yesterday. I noticed I didn't really feel cute with it. Maybe because my hair wasn't perfectly slicked down. I felt like it looked unkempt. Either way, I think I should start bunning from the first day I take my hair out of the curlformers. Within a day my hair begins to swell!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I'm trying to take photos of my big twist updo, but it's hard to capture the details with my webcam. :sad:

-PYT

Just popped in to say I got my Hairitage Hydration order. Speedy shipping! :) This stuff smells so good. I love the scent of Sprout, especially. NappyNelle did you notice any growth or difference in your scalp from using it?

MeowMix

So I'm going to attempt to wash my hair while keeping my cornrows in...I've heard about doing it in a stocking/wig cap...anybody have any other tips?

Kimeshajohnson. That looks like a plan. I was in cornrows but never thought to use a stocking cap....go figure:blush:. I guess the only thing I'd add is less manipulation will keep them from fuzzing up. Good luck.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Just popped in to say I got my Hairitage Hydration order. Speedy shipping! :) This stuff smells so good. I love the scent of Sprout, especially. NappyNelle did you notice any growth or difference in your scalp from using it?

-PYT Well... my mother stole the jar from me, so I didn't get to try it consistently. She says it is working for her and my stepfather, but she is also trying another oil recipe she found on Youtube (without consulting me :rolleyes:).

g.lo

I am doing a henna treatment, I haven't done one in a year!! I stopped out of lazyness:perplexed!
This year my ends would just not act right, i started to experience, lots of knots, split ends, middle shaft splits ends:look:.
I have highly porous hair, and i have been keeping up with my protein, I thought first it was the usage of brushes, combs, so I decided to remove that from my reggie, but still no improvement! I trimm regurlarly and in fact i have been dusting (sometimes more ) nearly every week, still no change! i don't use heat either, at one point I thought of shaving my head, i had enough!:nono:
in january 2011 i started my hair journey with a chin/neck length hair and by end of october 2011 I was APL.
today I had a light bulb moment, I think it is the henna, I stopped the henna and everything changed:nono:! So I am rekindling my love with monthly henna and hope that thing will change!:grin:. Just wanted to share and sorry for the long post!

LilMissRed

Ive been kinda incognito, BUT still standing firm with this challenge ladies :yep:

This past weekend I henna'd, dc'd and redid my twists.. this time I did the twists smaller and I could see the difference in length (atleast in the front/sides) -YAY! oh and since I havent tried coconut oil since I first started my natural journey a few yrs ago.. I bought some so Ive been massaging my twists nightly with that

BraunSugar

I made it an entire month with my braids!!! I'm going to remove them at the end of the week. I'm getting better at keeping these styles in for extended periods of time. Gonna do a WnG for the holidays and prep for my blowout and possible flat iron for my reveal.

Leslie_C

You all are making me wanna bust out the curlformers...hmm maybe I will for Christmas...it was gonna be either that or a twistout, but the curlformers would be a more predictable result.

Im in twists again on day 6 and they look fuzzy as heck...gonna rewtist around my hairline to neaten them up (I only wear them pinned up bc of thin relaxed ends). Through trial and error Im realizing the product I use to twist has a big influence on how they hold up. This time I just used a sheam mix...fuzzy after a few days...last time I mixed the shea mix with some curl cream for hold and it helped.

My sister and her husband are coming in for the holidays and staying with me, it will be a surprise to our mom. Im excited about that and it will keep my spirits up.

I dont know about you guys, but Im SO ready for 2013 bc 2012 has been :nono:. Im ready for a clean slate!

Victoria44

I've had my hair in fat twists under a hat for like a week. It's been dry and itchy and i'm finally done with finals so i can actually take care of it, yayy :drunk: I'm so excited to put minis in i'll probably start on the ride home from school tomorrow lol