Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (10/1/2012 -12/31/2012)

MeowMix

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for making this such a wonderful challenge. I'm right with you @ Leslie_C. My hope is that next year is good for you and everyone else. Please forgive for going :ot: but I'm going to have surgery and may not be on the board for a while.

Happy reveals and again thank you so much.

Tibbar

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for making this such a wonderful challenge. I'm right with you @ Leslie_C. My hope is that next year is good for you and everyone else. Please forgive for going :ot: but I'm going to have surgery and may not be on the board for a while.

Happy reveals and again thank you so much.

MeowMix: You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

youwillrise

MeowMix - best to you! here's to a successful and safe surgery. :) cant wait to have you back around. makes sure you rest and give yourself time to heal & recover properly.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I had to change my consult with the stylist from today to yesterday. When I sent the e-mail requesting the change she responded in 10 minutes. I got lost getting there but now I know a better way so I feel confident about getting there in the future. My appointment to get my twists is set for Jan 11th at 4pm. I'm excited.

The shop was bright & very clean. Cozy, not small but cozy. She, Jocelyn, was very nice. She asked me to tell my hair story, asked about my reggie, and asked my goals.She looked at my hair and told me I actually have the same texture throughout and we talked about how tight my curl pattern is, 4a. She told me for natural products she mainly uses Aubrey Organics, Curls, and Oyin. I was excited to hear that I don't need a deep trim but of course I need a trim. She twists on damp/wet hair.

jesusislove1526

This is how I will be wearing my hair until my flat ironing on Monday.

MeowMix: Praying for a speedy recovery. God bless!

Attachments

• 12-19-12--Large Twists (2).jpg
    12-19-12--Large Twists (2).jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 31

youwillrise

we're moving into the LAST week in these twists. today is day 26 (haha oh diddy)...anyway, i'll probably start the removal process next friday and plan to be done on saturday. will finger detangle & do a deep cleanse on saturday when im done taking the twists out plus... an overnight dc. will begin new twists on sunday...depending on my mood, i'll either do it all on sunday or do some on sunday and some on monday.

MeowMix

MeowMix - Wishing you a smooth surgery with a quick recovery!

MeowMix[USER][/USER] Have a speedy recovery. God Bless

MeowMix, keep you i prayers and have a speedy recovery!

This is how I will be wearing my hair until my flat ironing on Monday.

MeowMix: Praying for a speedy recovery. God bless!

TruMe, rsmith, g.lo & jesusislove1526. Your words helped me so much. Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts. I'm still here:) . God is good all the time.

Now, Back on to hair. So glad I put my satin cap in my overnight bag. Hospital cotton pillow cases are :burning:. Oh and can y'all give me a pass for my reveal? I'm not really able to lift my arms over my head:sad:

Wow, 2013 is almost here:grin:

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I saw this photo of bantu knots and thought I would drop them here:

youwillrise

i hate that my hair is uneven...it just grows that way. i have cut it multiple times...back down to twa (the last time 2009)...and i just stopped because i realized it wasnt helping.

it's frustrating when i want to do certain styles...it sucks.

i'll probably have to be midback before i can do a decent, full looking bun.

Last edited:

-PYT

Been rocking buns all this week. My hair feels dry as the dickens. I have to rock it at least one more day....or I'm thinking maybe sit and moisturize right now and bun then rock it through these 4 shifts I got ahead of me before a 6 day vacay :scratchch

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Wore a fluffy twistout to church today...I realised that if I want a twistout (super defined one) I either have to twist on wet hair...OR wear twists for at least 3 days. These twists were overnight and done on dry hair.