Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (10/1/2012 -12/31/2012)

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Dang... I can't find it. Where can I order the knock-off curlformers and how many sets would I have to buy? -PYT bajandoc86

ETA: I found the vendor most of the members use, but how many of the long and wide do I need? I have medium-low density, mbl hurr. :spinning:

Last edited:

LilMissRed

last nite took my twists down because after only a week they started looking a :pullhair: uggghhh.. today I have errands so i'm going to try pookaloo83's (thanks for the link Pook) bun method and see how that works out.. later I'll co wash/dc/moisturize then see how I'm feeling after that to decide on what to do next-if anything :giggle:

Last edited:

Growingmyhairlong

Yesterday I went to the Dominican salon and got a fresh relaxer. I will be wearing my hair down today and going back to my buns and updoes tomorrow. I am amazed at how healthy my hair is and how much I have been preventing major split ends. I didn't even need a trim. I just had a light dusting. I can't take pictures but I know I am getting a kindle fire for Christmas so I will post pictures then.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Two weeks in with my smallish twists. I dced them with AO GPB, washed, then moisturized/sealed with Bee Mine Luscious and castor/grapeseed oil. I put them in two braids and tied them up with an ouchless band, then slapped a headband on top of that. Looks "meh", but I'm not going anywhere or trying to impress right now. I'll probably keep them in another week.

-PYT

NappyNelle hmm i ordered from happycurls on ebay and got about 60+ right now of the yellow and pink extra long and wide. Not sure how long of hair they will hold though.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
End of year check in. I grew about one inch since starting this in October. Right side (grows faster than the left), Left side, Back.

Aiming for APL in 2013.

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0503.jpg
    IMG_0503.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0514.jpg
    IMG_0514.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 24

-PYT

Ugh, finally about to wash my hair. This time I'm going to use whipped shea (hairitage hydration) on my hair when I'm doing my curlformer set. Hope it seals in moisture.

Victoria44

just finished putting in mini twists. I'm going to try to keep them in for 3 weeks, they're bigger than my last set..
Here are a few pics

BGT

I've still been bunning but took a few days break to try a satin braid out. I'm getting a touch up this weekend and i'll post an update then.

ETA anybody know why my pics always post sideways?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1130447505.jpg
    image-1130447505.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 35
  • image-3049272887.jpg
    image-3049272887.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 29
  • image-1426354065.jpg
    image-1426354065.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 34
  • image-1891153467.jpg
    image-1891153467.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 29
  • image-116805593.jpg
    image-116805593.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 29
  • image-3567305695.jpg
    image-3567305695.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Victoria44 those are bigger?? :look: They sure look great. I don't have the patience right now.

BGT Try positioning your phone horizontally.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using LHCF

g.lo

Dang... I can't find it. Where can I order the knock-off curlformers and how many sets would I have to buy? -PYT bajandoc86

ETA: I found the vendor most of the members use, but how many of the long and wide do I need? I have medium-low density, mbl hurr. :spinning:

hi.

I ordered mine from this ebay vendor http://stores.ebay.co.uk/happycurls, she is a sweetheart and her products re great quality!
I will say get two set of 48 to avoid frizzy hair, I like the extra long wide and the extra long-narrow!

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
-PYT I did another curlformer set yesterday and I did a number of things different. I ensured my hair was soaking wet prior to installing each curlformer and skipped setting lotions and gels. I only used a leave-in spritz, QB CTDG and castor oil at the ends.

O.M.Geeeee! My set same out 100x better than the last one. More hold (interestingly, because I skipped the holding products), set was smoootthhh, and my hurr is looking so purrtty! I was planning to twist immediately on taking them down, but umm NO. LOL.

Will post a pic in a bit....or 2, or 3. :look:

ETA:

More pics in the Everyday thread.

Last edited:

g.lo

i had no time to be fancy with my hair today, thank God for banana clip!
this my bun today.

Attachments

• photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 28

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I've still been bunning but took a few days break to try a satin braid out. I'm getting a touch up this weekend and i'll post an update then.

ETA anybody know why my pics always post sideways?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Omg....I do satin flat twist out also. I thought I was the only one using the strips in the thread. How are you liking the strips? Did you notice an improvement in your ends by using satin strips?

BGT

BGT

Omg....I do satin flat twist out also. I thought I was the only one using the strips in the thread. How are you liking the strips? Did you notice an improvement in your ends by using satin strips?

@BGT

I've only tried it once but it was the nicest braid out I've ever done. the results were soft and beautiful and still looked good the 2nd day.

pookaloo83

Been slacking these past couple days. Been wearing my hair in twist outs and braid outs. Nothing on my schedule tomorrow so wash, dc, light blow out, and twists it is!

I'm also going to snip the ends of my twists. Getting tangles. :ohwell:

Sent From My Pheauxne

Creatividual

Happy Holidays ladies! I put loose twists into my hair on Sunday and not only did they take way less time to complete, I love them! Im not sure how long i'll leave them in. Probably no longer than 2 weeks. I will post pics when I look not busted. I've seriously been doin absolutely nothing since I went on holiday break. Lol

-PYT

bajandoc86 I'm still loving these curlformers myself...but! I've been noticing a lot of ssks. Maybe that's unavoidable with our hair type but I'm on the verge of going insane :look: I'm tempted to do another curlformer set and flat iron in a couple days...ya know, to give myself a good trim! :look: