Twist/Braid/Bun for Growth Challenge (10/1/2012 -12/31/2012)

BraunSugar

Ladies, I will be starting up the thread for the first part of 2013 on the 29th! All of our reveal pics should go inside of this thread for our progress for this challenge. You can also post the same pics in the new thread as a starting pic for the 2013 challenge if that is easier.

jprayze

Here's my update...starting pic on the left. I see some growth but it's hard for me to determine how much as far as inches. I won't be joining the next challenge; I'm going to be hiding my hair more in 2013! All the best!

image-1545944557.jpg

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I have decided to back out of this challenge. I didn't really retain any length this year, but not because of this challenge. I'm going to try a strictly heat straightening routine next year to get the length I want.

Sent via Android LHCF App

faithVA

I wore my hair out all this week. I will be putting in my coils on Sunday before the new year. My goal is to wear coils from January through March to see if I can keep my ends nice and healthy. Maybe in April my hair will be long enough for twists.

I'm ready for the new challenge.

Creatividual

I have decided to back out of this challenge. I didn't really retain any length this year, but not because of this challenge. I'm going to try a strictly heat straightening routine next year to get the length I want.

I think heat is a good aid for me too. When I blow my hair out 1-2 times a month and maintain it like that I get way less breakage and knots and am able to retain more length. I know it sounds backwards but it works for me. I also am considering going back to crochet braids and braids w extensions for the rest of the cold months. So I'm not sure yet if I will continue this challenge in the new year or not.

youwillrise

i have also realized that heat helps me...but im only using it for stretching my hair for twists. no plans to flat iron or anything. maybe at the end of 2013?

i usually just use my hooded dryer for drying purposes, but i might pull out my handheld dryer on my next wash...to get more stretch.

BraunSugar

I think heat is a good aid for me too. When I blow my hair out 1-2 times a month and maintain it like that I get way less breakage and knots and am able to retain more length. I know it sounds backwards but it works for me. I also am considering going back to crochet braids and braids w extensions for the rest of the cold months. So I'm not sure yet if I will continue this challenge in the new year or not.

I understand what you guys mean. I only use heat to blow out my hair for my braids or twists that I keep in for an extended period of time because for some reason I get a lot of tangling when I don't. Gotta do what works to reach our goals!

Poohbear I'm sorry you didn't retain much, so I hope 2013 is a better hair year for you!

youwillrise

started taking my twists down about a half hour ago. so far so good. using garnier fructis triple nutrition conditioner and my fingers to do the job. no real problems so far. no big tangles yet or super matted sections. took care of one semi-matted section in the back of my head yesterday. i think that's the only one, but we'll see as i go through. im about ready to take a break. haha.

TruMe

Staying on track with bunning Mon-Fri. I am dying to see how my hair responded. Only 3 more days...

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I wish you guys luck with next year's challenge! I know I will be having my hair in braid extensions (done by yours truly) for at least a few months of next year (just want to leave me hair alone for a bit). However when I have my hair out, I definitely will be braiding, twisting, and bunning.

I have had my hair in the same twists (redid them last week) for three weeks now. I will take them out tomorrow and rock a twist out/puff for a couple days before washing and putting in some medium sized twists. Maybe I'll buy some beanies to rock them with.

BraunSugar

UPDATES!!!

I guess something happened. Anyway, I am sticking with it!!! :yep: On the road to MBL in 2013!

Last edited:

BGT

UPDATES!!!

I guess something happened. Anyway, I am sticking with it!!! :yep: On the road to MBL in 2013!

I love your hair color in the 2nd shot. Did you get it professionally done or do you do it yourself? I'm thinking of dying it when I reach MBL or WL.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

BraunSugar

I love your hair color in the 2nd shot. Did you get it professionally done or do you do it yourself? I'm thinking of dying it when I reach MBL or WL.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you! I did it myself. I used Loreal Mega Browns in Brandy. I've actually decided to give up the color until I reach my goal. No issues with it, but I just want to completely focus on hair health in 2013. I'm even thinking of giving up heat too. :look:

MeowMix

Hey Ladies,

You know its bad when the thread starter is MIA;). I'm still using that excuse of surgery. Happy Belated Holidays and WONDERFUL REVEALS. Thanks to all that participated in this challenge. I had a ball:)

Space Save for reveal.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

Hey Ladies,

You know its bad when the thread starter is MIA;). I'm still using that excuse of surgery. Happy Belated Holidays and WONDERFUL REVEALS. Thanks to all that participated in this challenge. I had a ball:)

Space Save for reveal.

Heyyyyy MeowMix!! Glad that you came back in and that you're doing well! :bighug:

Sent from my Android...Boom.

Brwnbeauti

Doing a ponytail roller set, be bk to post pics!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Start

image-3065216204.jpg

Finish

image-4256909255.jpg

I think there was a little progress. I looked for my black tan but couldn't find it. I will be joining the next challenge

Last edited:

TruMe

Reveal pictures. Definitely enjoy bunning during the week and then letting my hair fly on the weekends.

Attachments

• HairOct12ToDec12.jpg
    HairOct12ToDec12.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 61