Twist/braid/bun For Growth Challenge 2017 (no Extensions)

nysister

I'd like to join. I'm using halo/crown twists around my head to keep my hands out of it.

I used to do twist outs all the time but it stalled my hair growth. I'm ready to focus on growth again. I'm using lots of JBCO and am deep conditioning more.

Fotchygirl

I relaxed last week and wearing my hair in a bun and I must say they are now juicier because my hair is a bit longer. I can now tuck it under itself without using a pin. Some people even had the audacity to say my pony is fake hair because it's much shinier than the other hair!

faithVA

I relaxed last week and wearing my hair in a bun and I must say they are now juicier because my hair is a bit longer. I can now tuck it under itself without using a pin. Some people even had the audacity to say my pony is fake hair because it's much shinier than the other hair!
May we see a picture please of this juicy bun?

faithVA

I'd like to join. I'm using halo/crown twists around my head to keep my hands out of it.

I used to do twist outs all the time but it stalled my hair growth. I'm ready to focus on growth again. I'm using lots of JBCO and am deep conditioning more.
Come on in. Post your starting pic and get started.

nysister

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Crown/Halo Twists

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? Water, Kinky Curly Knot Today, seal with JBCO and use on edges.

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Natural

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? Longer and Thicker Hair

5. How often will you restyle your hair? Every 2/3 days

6. Include Starting Pic. Straightened - With conditioner prior to co-washing

Anaisin

I wore my hair in a ponytail again today but ended up putting it in a bun a couple hours ago. People couldn't keep their dusty hands out of it. Wore it in 2 braids Tuesday and Wednesday

Also I took Iron and biotin today and yesterday

snoop

Wore a twist out/braid out for a couple of days. Tried to water rinsed the denial of all of the knots away. I put them in 4 Celie braids and have been wearing those.

I think I will do a co-wash this weekendand then next weekend go back to my regular routine. My hair NEEDS twists to survive.

Alma Petra

I'm glad to report that I have been wearing my promised buns since the 21st of this month. I washed twice and combed once only in the mid of this. I air dried and immediately put my hair back up in a bun. I didn't try to go on any styling adventures. I have to say that I'm very proud of myself :blush: I hope to keep it up.

Anaisin

My hair is in 12 braids. Shampooed, deep conditioned, leave in and serum. Lazy and quick tension blow dry then I braided with a little of bit of Qhemet heavy cream and Alikay Shea moisturizer

Wash days are always a breeze when you don't wait until your hair is super dirty or tangled.

snoop

Wore a twist out/braid out for a couple of days. Tried to water rinsed the denial of all of the knots away. I put them in 4 Celie braids and have been wearing those.

I think I will do a co-wash this weekendand then next weekend go back to my regular routine. My hair NEEDS twists to survive.

This morning, I co-washed and put my hair into large twists. It wasn't as tangled as I thought.

Daina

Now that the weather is warmer I'm back to wet bunning. Will continue to wash/dc once per week and then M&S and bun while wet. May do a mid-week refresh by co-cleansing or just wetting with water and re-bunning.

Fotchygirl

I washed it already and is now is in a braid out and unfortunately I didn't take a photo of the bun. But I'm attaching a photo of the hair in a banana clip. My 6 year old boy took the photo. I will trim the ends later in the year.

Attachments

• 20170422_203510-1.jpg
    20170422_203510-1.jpg
    666.8 KB · Views: 93

Alma Petra

Now that the weather is warmer I'm back to wet bunning. Will continue to wash/dc once per week and then M&S and bun while wet. May do a mid-week refresh by co-cleansing or just wetting with water and re-bunning.

I have done a wet bun me too today. I think that it's a smart style. I was a bit rough on my hair while detangling because I was in utmost hurry but I will test this again the next time I wash to see if I'll be able to detangle any more gently. Another concern for me is the need to apply stuff to my scalp specially on the edges. I'm wondering if this is going to be easy with the bun, or if it will spoil the bun or cause my hair to tangle. Last time I was doing two small braids on the front of the bun on either side and it was super easy to get to my scalp in the area desired but the style wasn't as sleek as the wet bun.

Anaisin

The weather is trash (rainy) at the moment but I wet bunned last night anyway. My stretched hair shriveled up on Sunday so I'm over blow drying/stretching already.

Daina

I have done a wet bun me too today. I think that it's a smart style. I was a bit rough on my hair while detangling because I was in utmost hurry but I will test this again the next time I wash to see if I'll be able to detangle any more gently. Another concern for me is the need to apply stuff to my scalp specially on the edges. I'm wondering if this is going to be easy with the bun, or if it will spoil the bun or cause my hair to tangle. Last time I was doing two small braids on the front of the bun on either side and it was super easy to get to my scalp in the area desired but the style wasn't as sleek as the wet bun.

The weather is trash (rainy) at the moment but I wet bunned last night anyway. My stretched hair shriveled up on Sunday so I'm over blow drying/stretching already.

@Alma Petra, @Anaisin, I wet bunned all week and did a refresh today in the shower where I let it get wet and reapplied SM JBCO leave-in and sealed with Curly Provberz mix. My hair dried super soft although the interior of my bun is still wet. I will probably do this at least 1 or 2 weeks out of the month. Also I really like the Sally's root applicator bottle because it allows me to reapply the oil mix to my scalp and edges without disturbing the bun too much.

nysister

I co-washed my hair on the weekend and put it in Crown twists and then rinsed both sides out today and put it back in the same style.

I used my oil spray that I mixed up and Cantu Argan cream to help it remain moist. I'll wash it on the weekend.

snoop

Washed my hair in twists and then did African threading with the twists still in to stretch my hair. I'm just waiting for the twists to dry.

MizzBFly

I know I posted my stats already....maybe :look: but umm yeah :hiya:
I installed these medium sized twists last night. I love them, I was afraid I would've made them too small but it's perfect! Hub was like wow! and my daughter was like whoa! :laugh:
IMG_0098.JPG IMG_0099.JPG

Last edited: