Twist/braid/bun For Growth Challenge 2017 (no Extensions)

snoop

We’re opposite....this time around I tried the loose twists and I’m in love I’m a sucker for full hair

I usually do medium and I tried large and I like them as well. This girl that I follow on Instagram does mini twists and I wanted to try them too. Her's are so neat. I thunk mine will be passable.

shanelallyn30

do you like the twist cream? ive used their other products and love them.

Same ole routine and sale ole hairstyle.

I washed with Mane Choice 3 in 1 Conditioner. Oiled my scalp with Mane Choice oil. Twisted up with TGIN twist cream. Wearing the flat twist to the side. Two more weeks and I get to change styles.

faithVA

do you like the twist cream? ive used their other products and love them.

Not really. I don't think it is the product. I just don't think a cream is the right thing to twist my hair with. My hair seems to like gels much more than creams. I do like the daily moisturizing cream though especially when I stretch my hair.

I like the conditioner, deep conditioner, leave-in and moisturizer. The shampoo, gel and twist cream don't really work for me. I'm getting ready to put them in a give away box so I don't have to throw them out.

shanelallyn30

Ive tried the moisturizing cream and the miracle mask, but now that Ive tried the cream my hair loves that stuff. have you tried mane choice doesn't get much butter? man that stuff melts in my hair. my new thing is cowash with mill creek biotin conditioner (this is the bottle with biotin being the 2nd ingredient), lightly spray with my leave in, and put doesn't get butter through each section, and top it off for the ends with jbco. my hair has been so moisturized and strong its crazy. ill be bunning till I reach tbl. hopefully December 2018. crossing fingers. lol

Not really. I don't think it is the product. I just don't think a cream is the right thing to twist my hair with. My hair seems to like gels much more than creams. I do like the daily moisturizing cream though especially when I stretch my hair.

I like the conditioner, deep conditioner, leave-in and moisturizer. The shampoo, gel and twist cream don't really work for me. I'm getting ready to put them in a give away box so I don't have to throw them out.

faithVA

Ive tried the moisturizing cream and the miracle mask, but now that Ive tried the cream my hair loves that stuff. have you tried mane choice doesn't get much butter? man that stuff melts in my hair. my new thing is cowash with mill creek biotin conditioner (this is the bottle with biotin being the 2nd ingredient), lightly spray with my leave in, and put doesn't get butter through each section, and top it off for the ends with jbco. my hair has been so moisturized and strong its crazy. ill be bunning till I reach tbl. hopefully December 2018. crossing fingers. lol

No I haven't tried it yet. I still have a lot of the TGIN moisturizer left since I don't use moisturizers very often. Maybe when I get through some of these other products I will try the Mane Choice butter.

Lute

Does anyone know where to get the cute gold hair cuffs that doesn't change color when water or moisture hits it. I'm tired getting the crappy ones from the beauty shop :(

The gold cuffs make me feel like royalty when I wear them .. don't know why

Anaisin

I feel like I never posted my practice cornrows from a couple months ago. My head was hurting so bad lol

Actually a lot of my pictures won't post on here. This was in July

Anaisin

I can't be the only one that loves the ignore feature.

My hair is in a raggedy bun. I'm going to wash it one of these days lol

Anaisin

So I think I might like the Mane Choice Egyptian gel and oil better for a bun. The downside is that if I don’t wear a scarf it’ll just be coils sticking out everywhere. It has to be “set” for at least 30 minutes. Other than that it’s super soft and laid

JosieLynn

Been recently trying out this protective style and rocking it for 2 weeks. We'll see if I can make it the two weeks but in general I like the style plus it's also pretty easy to refresh when necessary.

Anaisin

Washed my hair.

Moisturized with Belnouvo moisture butter and topped with Mane choice Egyptian oil. My holding/styling product (Qhemet Aethiopika butter) froze so I didn't use it. 6 braids. About to browse YouTube for a style to do in the morning. If I'm too lazy I'll just wear my slouchy knit hat, it's getting cold now

snoop

Took down the braids and turned them into twists. I love how they feel. So soft and fluffy. I think it's because they're holding the texture from the braid out. I might have to do that again.

Alta Angel

I washed, conditioned, steamed, and hennaed my hair. I put it in a bun to air dry and I braided it up after I came back from running around. I am going to bun this upcoming week and then back to my twists. I am going to be Katherine Johnson (NASA/Hidden Figures) for Superhero day on Tuesday so I am going to wear it in a 50's/60's pinup style.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Sniffly and sick. Way too lazy and tired to rollerset. Combed out my hair and did five big braids to stretch for the bun instead. I know the stretch will be inferior but I was happy to see that I have no thinning of braids anywhere.

Daina

Pre-pooing now but will be in a bun for the next 2 weeks. Hoping today's bun will last me till Thursday before I M&S again and then reposition my bun. Will do a southern tease bun till Thursday and then will do a side bun to carry me to Sunday and wash day again.

faithVA

I'm getting tired of flat twist. I just don't think my two strand twist are going to have enough me try to make me happy. Maybe it's time to rollerset and wear two french braids for a while. I need to figure out something.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Sniffly and sick. Way too lazy and tired to rollerset. Combed out my hair and did five big braids to stretch for the bun instead. I know the stretch will be inferior but I was happy to see that I have no thinning of braids anywhere.
The braids were a terrible idea. My hair didn't dry all the way so it was a little tangled in the middle still. I humbly put in a single bantu knot bun and accepted my lesson learnt.