Twist/braid/bun For Growth Challenge 2017 (no Extensions)

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
No. How would you wear your hair during the day?
Lol at how blunt you are. I actually changed my mind about the bun thingies. I'm wearing twists again like last year. However, I'm not wearing presentable twists so I'll be wearing a headwrap which means I can't join this challenge. I'll just watch from the outside. Also, your body looks really nice, Faith. You have nice features too. You look a little Indian to me, but without the yellowish undertone.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
So you would wear it threaded for 5 days? Is that the plan?

Hi, Faith.

Oh! I was hoping to:
  1. wear them for 2-3 days,
  2. then wear the thread-out,
  3. then create a new install and wear it for 2-3 days,
  4. then wear the thread-out . . .
  5. and so on.
That way I can continue doing the MHM.

But if that violates the rules of the challenge, I understand. Below is a video of what the protective style will look like for two days before it's taken down. I will have WAY fewer "twists." Mine will be chunky, and I will be pinning them and so forth.

On reflection, I'd better not join! I want the option of being able to wear clip ins on some days.

I'll lovingly lurk and cheer you all on. :smile:

Last edited:

faithVA

Lol at how blunt you are. I actually changed my mind about the bun thingies. I'm wearing twists again like last year. However, I'm not wearing presentable twists so I'll be wearing a headwrap which means I can't join this challenge. I'll just watch from the outside. Also, your body looks really nice, Faith. You have nice features too. You look a little Indian to me, but without the yellowish undertone.
:lol: I'm more blunt when I'm typing on my phone. My patience is short after I've back spaced a few times and the dang phone adds words etc. Etc.

Thank you for all of the compliments. I'm working on all of it. I don't know what my heritage is and not yet ready to send my DNA off to the cloud.

There used to be a hide your hair challenge that would fit what you are trying to do. That's why this one turned into a no hide your hair challenge.

faithVA

Hi, Faith.

Oh! I was hoping to:
  1. wear them for 2-3 days,
  2. then wear the thread-out,
  3. then create a new install and wear it for 2-3 days,
  4. then wear the thread-out . . .
  5. and so on.
That way I can continue doing the MHM.

But if that violates the rules of the challenge, I understand. Below is a video of what the protective style will look like for two days before it's taken down. I will have WAY fewer "twists." Mine will be chunky, and I will be pinning them and so forth.

On reflection, I'd better not join! I want the option of being able to wear clip ins on some days.

I'll lovingly lurk and cheer you all on. :smile:

Ok cool. Yeah it wasn't going to work out because the rules request you wear a style for 5 days.

Anaisin

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Braids & Bunning

2. What is your style maintenance regimen?

Every 4-7 days

Shampoo
Condition or DC
Moisturize
Style

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning?

Natural

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge?

Having hair styled instead of throwing on a hat covering my hair the entire winter lol

5. How often will you restyle your hair?

Whenever it needs restyling and I'm not being lazy.

6. Include Starting Pic.

I did this yesterday in a rush, the 2 braids look different lol it'll look better when I do it on freshly washed hair

IMG_0038.JPG

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
IMG_0124.JPG 1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)?
Twists that come out for exclusive bunning.

Scalp Exfoliate
Shampoo
Deep Condition
Style

1x a week

Natural

Length from sheer laziness

I only "do" my hair once a week and daily it's just a bun.

6. Include Starting Pic.

snoop

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)?
I usually wear my hair in two strand twists. It's the only style that I know how to do. :nono:

Install twists. Try to moisturize daily or as needed. Wear twists in a ponytail, loose, top knot, bun, or flat twists.

Natural

Hoping to make it to WL and beyond.

Wash my hair in twists and refresh the style either after the first or second week.

6. Include Starting Pic.
This picture was from two days ago, but I did a twist out for dinner yesterday. Will re-install them either tonight or tomorrow.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1482771565685.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1482771565685.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 168

Daina

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Buns, 2-strand flat twists with buns, french braids

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? When I bun I let my hair air dry about 80%, then M&S, use Xcel 21 and bun. I reposition every 2-3 days and re-moisturize and seal. Everyday I use Xcel cream in the morning on edges and at night use the liquid on scalp. Similar regimen when I flat twist or french braid.

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Natural

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? Keeping my ends protected, less heat usage and retaining length.

5. How often will you restyle your hair? Typically only restyle every 3 days so at most twice a week.

6. Include Starting Pic. Added bun picture

Attachments

• 20161228_162146.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20161228_162311.jpg
    20161228_162311.jpg
    836.3 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I'm in. I went and had my hair braided into mini box braids. I'm not sure if Im going to go back and let them take them out, or work on it myself.

I will be keeping this install in at least 8 weeks.

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)?
  • For the first 8 weeks, mini box braids. After this, I might switch to twists.

• Right now, every day I spray with Xcel 21. I will be cowashing, deep conditioning, moisturizing and sealing often,
  • Natural
  • Consistency with trying to grow my hair out. I get lazy and give up.

• Every 2 or 3 months, depending on style.

6. Include Starting Pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20161231_40465.jpg
    IMG_20161231_40465.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 141

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Looking good @lulu97! You have patience, don't think I would have the stamina to do mini-braids on that much hair!

@Daina Thank you Sis! I have learned a few tips and tricks along the way to make the process easier. I will say this though. It is not something I recommend on hair my length if you don't plan on wearing them for a while. I love the style and plan on wearing them 9 months out of the year (winter, spring & summer) and taking them down in the fall to play in my hair since it is my favorite hair season for rollersets/braid outs. Repeat the process all over until I feel the need to change my routine.

toaster

Sorry for the delay! Here's my information so I can be an official member:

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Bunning!

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? I wash and roller set my hair once a week. I wear my hair in a bun for work and at night I take it down, finger detangle, and bantu knots for bed. Repeat daily. I'm considering adding oil to my hair once a week between washes.

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? I want to keep the hair I have on my head and in healthy condition.

5. How often will you restyle your hair? I bun every day.

6. Include Starting Pic
20161230_140329.jpg

Evolving78

Sorry for the delay! Here's my information so I can be an official member:

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Bunning!

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? I wash and roller set my hair once a week. I wear my hair in a bun for work and at night I take it down, finger detangle, and bantu knots for bed. Repeat daily. I'm considering adding oil to my hair once a week between washes.

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? I want to keep the hair I have on my head and in healthy condition.

5. How often will you restyle your hair? I bun every day.

6. Include Starting Pic
View attachment 384493
Wow! Just Wow!