Twist/braid/bun For Growth Challenge 2017 (no Extensions)

faithVA

My hair was super frizzy and dry looking. I took down my flat twist, moisturized with THIN leave-in, applied KBB pomade primarily to my ends and retwisted with TGIN twist creme.

I will wash this weekend and maybe color and put in another set of flat twist.

snoop

So I installed mini two-strand twists on stretched hair two weeks ago. I've still got them in. I skipped washing last week in order to stretch how long I'd be able to keep them in without having to redo them. I'm going to wash them today and I hope to keep them in for two more weeks.

Attachments

• stretched_twists.jpg
    stretched_twists.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 90

overtherainbow

I had to do a WNG on Friday because I had a case of the itchies and lazies. So I cowashed and rocked my Wng for two days! But now the party is over. I just washed, DCing right now. After I rinse, I might put my hair in 8 big braids and pull that into a pony-tail under a baseball hat to run errands. Will wear an updo all week before going back to twists.

snoop

Will you wear them for at least 5 days? If yes then yep. If it's your hair and you can tuck it away in some kind of style then it will work for this challenge.

I was think of wearing it as the style when summer comes. Just to change things up a bit. If not, that's ok too.

Alma Petra

I hope it's not too late to join this challenge.

I need something to encourage me to stop with the frequent washing. I want to go back to protective styling (bunning for me) but there will be three challenges for me to work through:

1. I don't like my hair in a bun, nor how my face looks with the bun. I have to find ways to either accept my new look or to jazz things up and find a way to look cute in a bun

2. Buns tend to put tension on my (non-existent) edges. I will have to find a way to wear the bun loose yet decent.

3. My hair is shedding excessively and after 7 days of not combing the tangling is going to be severe. So far I have been feeling less psychologically traumatized with the frequent but short washing days. I'll have to find ways to up my detangling game. But if wash day gets too traumatizing I might have to bow out of the challenge. Only I don't want to because I want to retain some length.

Here to answer the questions:

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)?
Bunning.

2. What is your style maintenance regimen?
I will wash once per week, wear the wash and go for two days then put it up in a bun for the rest of the week. In the interim, I will moisturize and tame the bun edges as necessary.

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning?
A mixture of natural, relaxed and texlaxed.

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge?
To retain length.

5. How often will you restyle your hair?
Once per week.

6. Include Starting Pic.
I have managed to shoot a less gloomy/depressing new one:

faithVA

Did a mudwash tonight and a DC. I'm trying a flat twist out on wet hair for tomorrow. I hope it works out. I will be twisting it back up for the week on Sunday.

Alma Petra

Wash day was on Wednesday and I've been wearing my hair in a bun ever since. I'm very pleased with myself for having resisted the urge to wash so far. My goal is to not wash until it's Wednesday again. I will then find out if my hair can tolerate infrequent washing or if my tangling will get too crazy for that.

beauti

DCing under dryer in my braids. Wash day was extremely fast without my hair loose. I think I'm going to do this from now on and maybe have my hair loose for wash days once a month to clarify.

Fotchygirl

Ladies I'm still here and still chilling in my braids. This time I did 12, 6 on each side. I will bun after my relaxer which will be this weekend.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Nothing glamorous right now, just wearing five Snoop Dogg braids, secured by a silk scrunchy. Sometimes a head wrap. I'll take the braids out this weekend for my brother's B-Day.

Attachments

• 20170314_220759.jpg
    20170314_220759.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 66
  • 20170314_220746.jpg
    20170314_220746.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20170314_220914.jpg
    20170314_220914.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 20170314_222432.jpg
    20170314_222432.jpg