Twist/Braid/Bun For Growth Challenge 4/1/13 - 6/30/13

Ann0804

I'm still wearing flat or two strand twists. I've also worn my hair out in braid out pontytails now that I finally have enough length.

I did cheat once and wore my wig one day- okay two days. :)

BGT

I'm going to need my stylist to redo these twists. She used 7 packs of hair and it's just so incredibly heavy, I can't do anything with it! :nono: Hopefully she doesn't charge me the same amount to redo.

BraunSugar

I always forget to come in here and post because I don't really do much of anything with my hair. After this challenge is up, I'll be taking a break and doing wash & gos exclusively for the remainder of the summer. I will likely revisit once the weather starts to get cold again.

Ann0804

I saw this YouTube video on loose twists so now I want to attempt them this weekend. At what hair length do you all think this style will look good on, and have any of you attempted this style? Any tips for me? TIA

http://youtu.be/j-jhsS7tLAA

BGT

I'm taking these twists out tomorrow and getting a sew in next week. What a waste of $130.

faithVA

[USER=82857 said:
BGT[/USER];18561301]I'm taking these twists out tomorrow and getting a sew in next week. What a waste of $130.

I thought you were going to have her redo them? Did you ask her?

faithVA

Took my twists out yesterday. Oiled my scalp but didn't do much else. Doing a dc, cowash today. Hopefully I will get it twisted up today. I am going to aim for that.

I have a memorial service to go to next Saturday, not sure how I want to wear my hair.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Couple pics of my hair to end this session. I will continue with the next session as well. If it aint broke...

I'm almost at my goal of BSL (top of the purple shirt). I was at the six on the shirt at the end of April. I think BSL will be about 9, grazing the 10. Think I will be there in another month.

Attachments

• 6-22-13 2.jpg
    6-22-13 2.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 26
  • 6-22-13.jpg
    6-22-13.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Ceramide shine 2.jpg
    Ceramide shine 2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 38

Killahkurlz

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)?
Twists, bunning, and a session of mini braids sprinkled in
2. What is your style maintenance regimen?
M/S every other day, cowashing/DCing in between twist sessions, baggying 2x per week for ends only
3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning?
Natural
4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge?
Length retention, low manipulation
5. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days?
3 days
6. Include Starting Pic ASAP. (You will not be named an official challenger without one).
Starting collage pic is below.

I'm going to start baggying

jesusislove1526

Collage of mini twists with braided roots that I installed on the 5th of this month. They took about 12 hours to complete with a few breaks in between.

faithVA

Twisted up my hair for the new week. It actually looks longer than last week :yay: Put perm rods in the front since my front still doesn't quite hang nicely. Hopefully by the end of the summer my twists have a nicer hang to them.

Igotstripes

Here's my update :) I think my hair is around 8 inches now. I did a little trim a couple days before this pic but I'm still pretty happy

Also does anyone want to start the next one? If not I can do it if y'all want

Attachments

• image-1677256275.jpg
    image-1677256275.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 39

Killahkurlz

Here's my update :) I think my hair is around 8 inches now. I did a little trim a couple days before this pic but I'm still pretty happy

Also does anyone want to start the next one? If not I can do it if y'all want

Yes! Please start a new one. Im ready to join

NikkiQ

Here's my length check. Took the recent pic a few days ago.

Here's where I was when I started the challenge

Here's my recent length check. I did chop off about 2-3 inches all over after blowing it out. My ends needed it! But I look like I'm at the same place I was when I started. Oh well :ohwell:

jesusislove1526

Comparison pictures for the end of this leg of the challenge. I did one slight trim along the way, but overall I think I did okay in terms of length retention. On to the next one!