Twist/Braid/Bun For Growth Challenge 7/1/13 - 9/30/13

it just occured to me that i have not cowashed this set of twists in like two weeks and my scalp is behaving. no itchies. no feeling liek she cant breathe! im shocked, and pleased. but i may still rinse them on saturday. better safe then sorry!!

ckisland

^^ Looking good, jesusislove1526! :) You can definitely tell where the braids are, because they show more length. Pretty color, too!

I'm still hanging on to these here braids! I have some severe puffiness going on. I've put a shea/beeswax pomade on the worst of it and we'll see how it looks tomorrow!

I was contemplating putting in some twists for this week, and then I saw your braids again. Yep. I'm doing some medium braids again.
Duchess007 , about how many braids do you have in? I love the size of them. Not too big, not too small.

Duchess007

I was contemplating putting in some twists for this week, and then I saw your braids again. Yep. I'm doing some medium braids again.
Duchess007 , about how many braids do you have in? I love the size of them. Not too big, not too small.

There are 42 braids. I counted. :-D

Week three! I think! Haven't really been keeping track. :blush:

image-266680673.jpg
image-1569995800.jpg
image-472284223.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
in your opinion would flat twisting my edges and nape be good protection for those areas instead of individual twists? or would it be putting stress on it?

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
After a major setback, my hair is long enough to bun again. Woot woot! I'm putting away my 2 strand flat twists for the rest of the September.

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
I began last night with the intentions of putting in medium size twists for the rest of the week and then a twistout for the weekend. Ended up staying up extra late and putting in small twists. Aiming to keep them end until the end of this challenge.

I intend to do another set until Thanksgiving and then flatironing. Hopefully I'll be APL or close to APL by then.

Killahkurlz

OMG! This challenge is almost over! This will be the first challenge I've joined from the beginning and achieved!
Well, I've been keeping up with my bunning and twisting but a lesson I've learned is that I better not ever wet bun loose hair unless I want nesty ratty ends and dry ones. UGH! I've had some breakage from forgetting my scarf when I've needed it...but i'll recover.
I'm going to ride out the challenge with medium twists and attempt to secure shells on some of the ends...

faithVA

My twists were a fuzzy mess. So I freshened up the twists in my crown and along my side part. It's amazing how just retwisting a few can make it all look brand new.

Igotstripes

I'm all moved in my dorm room now! This is how I've been wearing my hair

Attachments

• image-2439556459.jpg
    image-2439556459.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 37
  • image-3866882875.jpg
    image-3866882875.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 58

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Been in this challenge almost a year. Here is September's length check. I think I am a slow grower, but hey at least it is healthy.

ForumRunner_20130915_072302.jpg

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

TraciChanel

Been in this challenge almost a year. Here is September's length check. I think I am a slow grower, but hey at least it is healthy.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4

Your hair does look nice and healthy :yep: Try doing a length check with some conditioner in your hair or when it's wet. Mine is always a lot longer when it's wet, opposed to when I pull it down dry (MEGA shrinkage).

Duchess007

Took out my braids on Friday so I could do my monthly henna treatment. Should have worn this out to work Friday but I wasn't sure how it would hold up. :-/

image-3772464512.jpg

After henna, I DC'd for 4 hours, rinsed out, M&S with VO5 leave-in mix and shea mix, and let dry in jumbo twists overnight. Now I'm putting in 2-strand twists on still damp hair and will band overnight to (hopefully) dry. Using an aloe spray and a shea soufflé to twist. Reeeeeaaaallllly should have started earlier!

image-2022139713.jpg
image-690125135.jpg

Last edited:

faithVA

Took out my twist and washed tonight. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to twist. So going to wear a twist out tomorrow. I think I will put in flat twist tomorrow night.

faithVA

I didn't end up wearing a twist out. I made the twists in the back and the very front smaller and wore them to work that way :ohwell: They weren't pretty but they will work for now.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
My hair's in a bun again. Think I'm ready to finish this last 2 weeks strong!!

Froreal3 , I don't remember what your starting length was, but I agree that your hair looks really healthy :yep:.

Thanks! I started at about collarbone on sides and a bit past full shoulder in the back. I will definitely keep my twists regimen up.

MizzBFly

Originally Posted by perfectlyImperfect
two weeks left ladies!!! the finish line is in view! hows everyone feeling??

I did redo my twists-lasted 3 wks and take down is this weekend. I really am not ready to get a relaxer so, I may flat iron for the reveal, just thinking about this jungle is :perplexed

Duchess007

I put in smaller twists this time and am hoping to make these last til the end of the month.

image-523516467.jpg

image-2199441291.jpg

image-3685326525.jpg

BraunSugar

I will be joining you guys for the next go round.

I had fun wearing my hair out for the summer. I just put some twists in it this past weekend. My hair is quite a bit longer since the last challenge. MSM is amazing! :)

Anyway, yeah I'll be here. LoL

ckisland

Turned my braidout bun into a set of medium sized twists. At first glance I love 'em. I love how long they are (full SL). I actually did my hair in sections and paid attention to doing some type of parting :yep: . I would like to thank Duchess007 for inspiring me to take the time to do my hair better :grin: . Let's all come together and pray that I don't wake up tomorrow and take them out :lachen:.