Twist for Growth Challenge (Fall 2011)

faithVA

I said I dropped out last week... but I'm trying @MissAlinaRose's stretched twistout method, so I have in chunky twists that are drying in braids.

Well this challenge ended anytime in December. I knew people would be getting ready for end pics for other challenges so I didn't take it through the 31st. There wasn't an end date. So technically you made it to December you finished the challenge. Just post pics of your start and finish and we will be happy :lick:

GaiasDaughter24

Well, I've been neglecting this thread, haven't I? lol I've been in twists all fall and finally flatironed this past week. I washed after 4 days and am back in twists again. I'm pretty close to APL and can probably claim it but I want to be CERTAIN. I posted pix in the APL 2012 challenge.

faithVA

Well, I've been neglecting this thread, haven't I? lol I've been in twists all fall and finally flatironed this past week. I washed after 4 days and am back in twists again. I'm pretty close to APL and can probably claim it but I want to be CERTAIN. I posted pix in the APL 2012 challenge.

Will you also post your pics here GaiasDaughter24?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I am going to continue in the next challenge. My hair thrived better. I am retiring my strait hair look, even though I love it more than the curly. I just want my hair to be healthy and grow.

SimJam

I realize I havnt taken good progress pics for comparison ..

I'll post tomorrow as I dont have my camera or laptop with me tonight

OndoGirl

My end shot. 5 and a half inches. Not bad considering I bc'd 9 months ago. ETA: beginning shot is my avatar (4 inches)

Last edited:

pookaloo83

My hair 10/20/11

My hair 10/24/11

My hair 10/27/11

11/3/11

Twists 11/20/11

Twistout 11/26/11

Twists 12/15

Twistout today 12/19/11

It was fun guys! My twists were scraggly,and thin. they thickened up over time.

Last edited:

discodumpling

3 days. Thats what my scalp agreed to. So, i'm in the process of a takedown. I'm taking down the ones that haven't taken themselves down already *smh* So it's a fro as I go about my day. Detangle and bun tomorrow :)

Ronnieaj

First of all, big ups to Nonie for the twirling before twisting idea! I had a special request to do a twist-out today, for the first time since a wedding in July. These twists have been in for 3 weeks, so that's normally a MAJOR no-go :nono:. But I was able to separate my twists and they look incredible! Pics to be taken tonight :yep:.

Now, bad news. My SO deleted my starting pic from our camera, and I forgot to take pictures of these twists before untwisting them, so what I have probably won't show much. I have some pics from right after Thanksgiving, but I've also trimmed my hair twice since we began, totaling 1.25 inches at least, so there won't be much progress shown, but I'll post what I have!!

youwillrise

Here is my not so good end of challenge picture. I started to rebraid my hair (I'm not even done with my whole head)...I tried to get a shot of the half I did finish. In this picture, the braids aren't soaking wet like the starting picture. My hair was pretty damp when I started and I sprayed the sections with water/castor oil. I braided most and twisted the ends.

I don't think you can see much growth in its braided state...but I am noticing growth in a stretched state. Shriiinnnnkage!

Oh and since I can only post from my phone, I can't post my starting pic with this...but as soon as our computer is up and running again, ill add it here for comparison.

Oh and these pictures were taken today december 22, 2011.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using SCH-I405

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1324588073482.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324588073482.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 19
  • uploadfromtaptalk1324588108317.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1324588108317.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 20

NaijaNaps

I don't have 'real' comparison pics but I'll take some pics :look:

Plus, I gave myself a much needed trim to start off 2012 with healthier ends. Still working on getting my ends even healthier! :yep:

FroFab

Hey all! Had some computer issues but I am back just in the nick of time. I have had the same twists in for a while and will be taking me down within the next day or two. I will post pics. Still moisturizing with Giovanni and sealing with Castor oil. Promise next post will contain pics.

Tibbar

Posting my status pics from this challenge. I signed up for the next phase of this challenge because twists just make my life easier...
Not much visible change to my hair (i.e. growth) but it FEELS healthier to me.

PaigeJessica

Merry Christmas guys!

I still got these mini twists in! They're two weeks old now and doing OK. I wash them once a week.

This is how I wore my hair for a Christmas party I went to last night. Hope yall are having a GREAT holiday!

SimJam

I realize I havnt taken good progress pics for comparison ..

I'll post tomorrow as I dont have my camera or laptop with me tonight

I have no good pictures to show comparison though I was measuring and I know gained 1 inch over the 3 months

My hair looks like its showing more progress than I really have. My twists behave so differently depending on the products I use and whether i do on wet or dry hair.

The Oct pic was on wet hair and the Dec pic was on dry hair, which makes the twists more elongated.

next challenge I will take comparison pics with loose hair and just show styles inbetween.:yep:
Oct

Dec

Last edited:

cocosweet

I really need to be better about documenting what I'm doing with my hair. First pic is from late summer- early fall. Second pic is from today.

Attachments

• late summer and autumn twists.JPG
    late summer and autumn twists.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 22
  • end of year twists 001.JPG
    end of year twists 001.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 21

Victoria44

i really didn't document my journey well, and my few pictures of the twists don't show my progress, but i definitely see better moisture and length retention due to this challenge. My only problem is actually finding time to sit down and do the twists, since i do them fairly small.

This first pic is a length check, early june 2011:

another length check mid september, right after taking out extension braids:

first set of twists (i blow dried my hair first, and washed them a week later):

second set of twists, i just did on stretched hair from a braid out:

length check #3 early december (few days after 2 year post relaxer date :D)

grazing armpit length finally lol. I know most of my hair has a while to catch up but i'm happy with my progress !

faithVA

Thank you ladies for all of the updates.

Since it is so close to the end of the year, I am considering this thread closed. If you still want to update this thread with your progress please feel free to do so.

See you in the next challenge if you are continuing on.

Happy New Year.

that1girl

I keep my hair in braids and twist most of the time. i maybe took a day or two with twistouts

september

twist done on stretched hair

january

FroFab

Super late but nothing spectacular to report anyway. I finally found the chance to take down my twists and didn't get around to washing them until a week later (New Year's Eve). Attached are my ending shots which show from my own knowledge that my hair hasn't budged. The only thing I can say is that hopefully my ends have gotten thicker since I have been trimming away thin ends all year. Looks to still be about BSL stretched. The pics are about 50% wet, naked hair.

Don't think I'll be officially joining anymore challenges for a while because my lifestyle is too hectic to keep up with posting and pics.

Good luck to you ladies!

Attachments

• t4g1.jpg
    t4g1.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 15
  • t4g2.jpg
    t4g2.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 11

Sesi

Unfortunately i won't have any pics to share. My camera died. And I mamaged to pour water or my laptop, effectively killing it too. My sources of picture-aking are no more.

I did gain some length. I don't know. I am at the very beginning of SL length hair now, and my hair can reach the bottom of my upper lip when pulled down (Four moths ago, it only got to the tip of my nose.

Sorry!!