twist outs on relaxed hair?

Leslie_C

will twistouts work on relaxed hair? My bantu sets leave me with big fluffy hair which is ok but I want something that will hang down more. When u do a twistout, how do u secure the ends and how many would u do for loose waves? my hair is shoulder length.

dreemssold

I am advising something I haven't tried yet, lol, but this weekend, I am going to try pin curls (using my instructions from Southerngirl) to achieve that look. That might give you what you want. HTH

Queenie

I did a lot of braidouts when I had relaxed hair. I don't recall how many individual braids I did. I sure it was a lot(30+).

carljr

Relaxed & Highlighted
Use a good setting lotion like lottabody....I braid mine then put a perm rod at the end....lasts about 4days

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
i do twist outs and i started to post my pics, but i didnt get the chance to. i will when i re-do mine tomorrow. i split my hair in half horizontally and do "cornrow twists", a front set and a back set, it ends up being about 10 in each section, i like to twist small so that the waves come out wavier. i think if you did individual twists, instead of cornrow twists, though it would take more time, you would have looser waves.

i secure them with the cold wave rollers (the hard ones with the caps rubberbanded on). i put my roll the ends tightly because i want the style to last longer and i like the curly and wavy look on me. the looser you roll the ends the more wavy it will be. my style lasts 3-4 days, though i wash my hair every 3 days when im up to it, and i like the style to look fresh.

i like lottabody setting lotion, but its expensive for the amount you get. so i either use lottabody and dilute it more than usual into a spray bottle. or i use ultra sheen setting lotion and dilute it less. spray my twists with s-curl, put a bonnet on and go to sleep until the next morning. no dryer time for me

Leslie_C

thx ladies, anky told me how she did hers and I tried it. It came out very cute for my first try, but one side looked better than the other, the other side had wanted to unravel before it dried. I will be perfecting this style because I love it!
I cant do cornrow twists(are those flat twists?) so Ill have to stick to individuals.

but seriously it came out very cute, if only I can get my whole head to look like the section that came out good. It looks like some girls hair I used to admire when I was younger who had curly/wavy hair.

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn
yeah my cornrow twists as i affectionately call them is really flat twisting. it took me some time to get it down, but after 2 yrs of doing this, ive finally perfected it. if you could flat twist your hair would probaby be even on both sides. i rembmer my individual days