Twist-Outs

Lindy

Last night I did a twist out for the first time!! I washed my hair and conditioned it like usual, then I sectioned my hair into big pieces and put in some Vitapointe hairdress and some WonderGro Shea Butter Oil onto each piece before I twisted it. I was afraid it was going to come out looking crazy today, but SURPRISE!! It actually looks nice!! The only thing is that I had to put those thin coated rubber bands on the ends, so the ends came out more crinkly than the twisted parts! Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with the ends of your hair, besides using those bands???!!!

I didn't even think my hair would dry over-night because it was soaking wet, but it did.

This is the best thing to happen to me since sliced bread, I swear!! I am going to alternate weekly doing the twist out and the roller set. I have to admit that I've only been washing my hair every two weeks just because the whole process of doing the roller set and sitting under that dryer for almost two hours, was just TOO MUCH to do weekly. Now that I can do the twist out, now I can wash my hair weekly, with no hassle!!! I'm loving this!!!!

Thanks, you guys, for the idea for the twist-out! I love this forum!!!! /images/graemlins/kisses.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/clap.gif

prettygrl

Lindy--
When I do the twist out or braid out I usaully put small rollers w/papers on the end. Some times I use small rods on the ends, as well, the goal being that my ends will /images/graemlins/smile.gifmatch the texture of the rest of my hair.

Leshia

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
prettygrl said:
Lindy--
When I do the twist out or braid out I usaully put small rollers w/papers on the end. Some times I use small rods on the ends, as well, the goal being that my ends will /images/graemlins/smile.gifmatch the texture of the rest of my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a really good idea. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif I may try this. So you just twist sections of your hair loosely and then put the rods on the ends? I twisted my hair last night before putting oil on it and had no idea that people did this as a "set" for a hairstyle! Wowzers. I'll have to see what it looks like..

Julia

I used this technique all week long. Each night before bed, I sprayed some curl activator on my hair and then sectioned my hair in 4 and twisted each section, put on my thick hair net or satin bonnet and went to bed. Each morning I awoke to luscious big waves that I either wore down or pinned up with a few whisps hanging down. I have noticed that this helps my hair to remain moist (especially my ends if I put them up, which I do now that it is -21 celcius). I am also going to use it to help me extend my relaxer time to 4 months. /images/graemlins/up.gif

daviine

I'm a little confused. Are twist outs when you twist your hair with the two starnds...or is it when you take a section and twist it?

I hope that made sense. /images/graemlins/huh.gif

Lindy

Daviine,

Well, both, actually. You section your hair, then divide the section into two (as opposed to three, as in a braid), then twist down the length of your hair to the end.

HTH!!!

daviine

Thank you...so it's like mega twists.......since the sections are probably bigger.....

How many sections do you section your hair into? /images/graemlins/Rose.gif

Lindy

Daviine,

Weeelll... not really MEGA twists... lol... I don't have enough hair to call my twists mega!!! (my hair is about 4 inches below shoulders in the back, but it's so fine that even if I twisted one whole side of it, I still wouldn't call it MEGA (unfortunately!!!!) /images/graemlins/whyme.gif

I'd say I had about 12 or so total twists; parted in the middle and about 6 on each side.

You should try it; it's REALLY great!!! /images/graemlins/up.gif

daviine

I did it tonight becasue I was losing the rollersetting battle. I took the THREE rollers that I had managed to do and started twisting. I only made six twists though---3 on each side. Next time I will do twelve. I haven't taken them out though (but I'm really tempted to see at leats one section ) because I'm ready to go to sleep. /images/graemlins/sleeping.gif I'll let you know if I like tomorrow.

Lindy

Daviine,

How did your hair come out???? I sprayed mine last night with Dew, put in some carrot oil, and re-twisted it. For some reason, it didn't come out as good today as it did yesterday. It was kinda dry today, despite the oil I put in last night. I put more oil in and it looks ok now. I wonder how long I will be able to keep this style without having to wash it again!!! I was not planning on washing again until Thursday (I will also be coloring my roots). I have to stretch it to last til then somehow! /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

daviine

It looked similar to a braidout. I was imagining it to be more wavy but oh well. I'll try agin in a few months (most like likely summertime) after I win this battle against those damn rollers!