twists

fatimablush

hi,

i plan on putting mini twists in my hair,(within the next few weeks) but the hair on the top of head is really soft and the twists may not stay together.

how can i get them to stay together?
will shea butter help them hold? or is there something else?

my hair is 4c all over except for the top, very thick, coarse, dense and somewhat soft. my hair is natural and has no curls or waves unless it is in a twist out, straw set, or roller set.

tia

Chameleonchick

Organic root stimulator gel is pretty good for holding. This is one gel that I would recommend and it is cheap. I would still put a moisturizer on first.

Lita

Hi! You can also use Eco-styler..But,use a moisturizer first...Before you apply any type of styling product...Keep us posted with your results....

Happy Hair Growing!

faithVA

I am bumping for you. I have different hair in my crown and my nape and I have yet to find anything that holds them. I have to retwist them every other day. So hopefully you will get enough suggestions and find something that works.

:bump: :bump:

Taleah2009

i use jane carter twist and lock, and it holds pretty well. i have really soft hair all over and only a few start to unravel as the week goes on and i just retwist as i see those. so far i have been twisting every two weeks.