Two Heat Toys I Tried This Week.

LadyRaider

The first toy that tried is the Soleil Heat Brush. It straightens my hair very well.
At first I only had a travel size one and shoot... it worked pretty darn well at getting my hair straight.
I finally got the regular size one and it was even better at getting my hair straight. It has a temperature setting gauge. I used it to straighten/dry my hair before using a flat iron and that was the straightest I ever got my hair. I don't remember if it's supposed to be used on wet hair; I assume not... but it can be used on damp hair. Or a least I used it that way.

I assume that it's a bit better for your hair than a flat iron (though the seller said to use it before flat iron to get the best results which is what I did the first time I tried the big one).

I''m not sure if it's like the Revlon -air brush I saw some talking about? I know that costs a lot more. I paid 150.00 for mine (plus the travel one) at a conference I went to.

The other toy I tried was the Irresistible Me Automatic Steam Roller. It's a gawky looking thing. It works really well. I mean the curls were for real and I didn't even use the highest setting.

I need to try it again, because I had washed my hair the day before, and then instead of just leaving my hair alone, I got it in my head that I wanted to have a slicked back high bun to go to Zumba. So I had just COVERED my hair with Shea Moisture and oil, and who knows what else to slick it down. THEN I used hair spray to keep my puff and edges under control. THEN I used a heat protectant before starting to use the device. So with all of that crap in my hair, I used the Steam Roller for the first time. So while my hair curled... REALLY WELL... I couldn't really do anything with them. They were all stiff and stuck together (heh).

I imagine you'd do best at least blow drying your hair before using the steam roller. And you have to use fairly small pieces. I'll have to try again before I can really judge how I can work with it.

I actually have an issue with having "thick, unmovable" hair when I use heat to straighten. I don't know how to do it right, and I guess I'm too heavy handed with product? Are y'all able to get silky shiny, movable hair when you straighten? What products do you use?

I didn't see any talk about these two products on this board (I used the search function) so I decided to post a thread. Here are videos about the two tools from YouTube.

This lady's hair looks straight already, but mine wasn't. I used it on slightly damp, curly hair.
The lady here at the end fluffs out her curls to make it cute. My hair would not fluff out because there was too much crap in it.