Two Strands V. Micros/Pixies

Jhunt-smith

Hey ladies,
its been a loooonnnngggg time. somewhere around a year. anyway, i just have a really quick question. i joined about a year ago with APL hair and wanted to get to BSL. well im pretty frickin close, but of course its taking forever. anyway, i had micros and that didnt work out too well. but im wordering if two strands are as damaging as micros. and if my hair is almost bsl is that too long. i know its too long for most the other stuff. i dont want to do a wig or bun right now. so im considering two strands, but i dont really know how its done except for the water to make them curly. any input/advice would be appreciated.
AND has anybody had any experience with the tutorials: braids by breslin??
please && thanks!

Queen_Earth

^^^ That's what I was going to say---especially if you already have hair past APL you might not even like it with the added hair and it may weigh your real hair down....ask someone to do them on your natural hair first or look at a youtube video and do them yourself!

Jhunt-smith

Something is wrong with my email because I didnt get a notice saying that yall responded!!! SO SORRY!!!!
Anyway I didnt know that it could be done on natural hair.... well I guess i did kinda. I was asking moreso if two strands are as damaging. I knowthey use hot water somewhere but Im foggy as to how its all done. Ill definitely YouTube them and see what I can find.
THANKS LOVIES!!!

Nonie

Something is wrong with my email because I didnt get a notice saying that yall responded!!! SO SORRY!!!!
Anyway I didnt know that it could be done on natural hair.... well I guess i did kinda. I was asking moreso if two strands are as damaging. I knowthey use hot water somewhere but Im foggy as to how its all done. Ill definitely YouTube them and see what I can find.
THANKS LOVIES!!!

It's hard to answer your question(s) because we don't fully understand them. For example, Bravenewgirl87 asked you one that could help us better understand your concerns and therefore answer you, but you didn't answer it. Some feedback would help us help you. Here's the question again:

You want to do two-strand twists or micros without extensions?

Fhrizzball

Well they use hot water on the ends of the fake hair to make the curls pop I believe. With natural hair the ends will curl irregardless but it will do it moreso if you just rinse or spray it with water. As long as the hot water isn't touching your own hair and only the extension hair then you should be fine. I'm still confused are you talking about the kinky and senagalese twists or the two strand twists on natural hair? As long as a style isn't too tight or heavy it should be fine just make sure to take care of your hair even when it's all twisted up.

Jhunt-smith

Oh. Sorry. I thought I answered when I said Id look it up for the natural first. Id rather not have weave cuz I think itd be too heavy. When my hair was only SL and I had pixies my hair was heavy. When I had APL hair and I have micros.... OMG I was burning a days worth of calories just holding my head up lol. I dont really know the difference between all the different types of twists minus natural and with weave. I only know what Ive seen here in StL. So I googled just now and its the kinky 2 strands. But I dont want half of the hair to be curly... only the ends like the girls hair in the pic.
THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES!! KEEP 'EM COMING!

Attachments

• kinky twists.jpg
    kinky twists.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 12

Nonie

Oh. Sorry. I thought I answered when I said Id look it up for the natural first. Id rather not have weave cuz I think itd be too heavy. When my hair was only SL and I had pixies my hair was heavy. When I had APL hair and I have micros.... OMG I was burning a days worth of calories just holding my head up lol. I dont really know the difference between all the different types of twists minus natural and with weave. I only know what Ive seen here in StL. So I googled just now and its the kinky 2 strands. But I dont want half of the hair to be curly... only the ends like the girls hair in the pic.
THANKS FOR ALL THE RESPONSES!! KEEP 'EM COMING!

I'm sorry I misunderstood your response.

You can do twists on any length of hair IMO. In fact, I can't wait to have BSL hair coz if I wash it, it'll shrink to shoulder or sth which is a dream of mine! If you do it on dry hair, yes, they will be stretched and long and my hang to APL. But that's kinda what a lot of people try to achieve with additional hair so you'll be doing it in a way that does put strain on your scalp. (Additional hair can be heavy and can pull your hair out if not done properly. Plus the only reason I would add hair to twists is if I wanted to have length, but since you already have that, I don't think you need it).

There are a lot of YT videos that show how to do two-stand twists. I am tired so I'll just give you links to where I shared my method (eg this thread) and then there's this thread that had a lot of suggestions: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=331875 even a few videos and you may get the hang of it.

Practicing on someone or a doll is kinda how I learned, after watching stylists in a salon. I usually twist on dry and then wet them so the ends get curly and lock. I believe when you talk about hot water, you're thinking of synthetic additional hair being put in rollers and dipped in water to set. Natural hair will set on its own if you wet it.

Jhunt-smith

I'm sorry I misunderstood your response.

You can do twists on any length of hair IMO. In fact, I can't wait to have BSL hair coz if I wash it, it'll shrink to shoulder or sth which is a dream of mine! If you do it on dry hair, yes, they will be stretched and long and my hang to APL. But that's kinda what a lot of people try to achieve with additional hair so you'll be doing it in a way that does put strain on your scalp. (Additional hair can be heavy and can pull your hair out if not done properly. Plus the only reason I would add hair to twists is if I wanted to have length, but since you already have that, I don't think you need it).

There are a lot of YT videos that show how to do two-stand twists. I am tired so I'll just give you links to where I shared my method (eg this thread) and then there's this thread that had a lot of suggestions: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=331875 even a few videos and you may get the hang of it.

Practicing on someone or a doll is kinda how I learned, after watching stylists in a salon. I usually twist on dry and then wet them so the ends get curly and lock. I believe when you talk about hot water, you're thinking of synthetic additional hair being put in rollers and dipped in water to set. Natural hair will set on its own if you wet it.

MERCI MON AMIE!! Im about to uTube it up right now!