Question UNDERLINED WORDS in posts with links to ads

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Dear Mods,

I've noticed lately there are embedded ads in posts and users' profiles, in which any of the words is underlined, hyperlinking to an ad. :look: Is there a way for members to deactivate this feature? I'm concerned about malware and viruses.

Here is an example of this: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=666555

The word "Join" at the right of N&W's profile is underlined and has a link; further down in the post, the words "the furnace" is underlined with a link.

Thanks for your attention to this concern...if you've already addressed it, my apologies. I don't venture to other areas of the site often

Dak

@Laela, I've noticed that too, though, of course, now, it's not doing it. It is very annoying.

Edited to add, it is doing again! This time, on the link you posted, with the words, "the furnace."

Last edited:

Laela

TY Dak!! Logged in just for this today... I thought I was the only one; this is helpful. Stay blessed!

Dak

You are welcome! Glad I got it resolved as well, don't like spyware.

Nice & Wavy

Laela thanks so much for this...gosh, I wonder where it came from. I will pay attention more. Thanks for the good eye girl!

Thanks Dak for taking care of the situation :love3:

Laela

DH had me also run Malwarebytes.... and it caught a few things as well. My goodness... fyi, ya'll.