Iammoney

Wealth magnet
THURSDAY
APRIL
Daily Devotional
Harmony
By Brenda Gittens
This week's topic: Unity In The Body Of Christ

There may be many reading this devotional today. You may be a Pastor, Minister, Choir or Praise & Worship Team member, Worship Leader, Soloist, Psalmist, a Worshiper and Praiser in the congregation, or someone who just loves to sing!

More from:
Brenda Gittens

It’s Time For A Heart Check
Loving God, Loving Others
Sharing Over Wine
You may be someone who knows exactly what it means to sing or hear a song being sung harmonically; one that's pleasing to the ear. I happen to be a person that if I hear a song sung around me that's supposed to be in harmony and it's not, I will most likely start singing at least one of the missing parts! It will just come out of my mouth.

When we hear the word "harmony" the first thing that usually comes to mind is music and singing, but it's not for only that. It could be used for more than just in a musical format. As the body of Christ, it's what we need to get along! To be in harmony is to come together in agreement, in one accord, a pleasing arrangement and combination of God's people bonded together.

Just like voices blending for harmony in a song, we have to do the same. As brothers and sisters in the body, it should be present among us, exist in our relationships, and prevalent in our churches.

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. (1 Peter 3:8-9).

The church was built by Christ as a place for harmony and unity, a place for His people to unite in celebration and love. This kind of harmony is pleasing to the Lord's ear and eye, and He rejoices in it! We can rejoice also, for nothing can be better, more wonderful, and more pleasant than us dwelling together in the love of the Lord!

For a long time, we have witnessed and experienced very little of this kind of unity and harmony among the body. But we have experienced the disunity and disharmony that does exist among us. The only way we as God's people are going to fully experience and walk in His blessings is by coming to a place of real, true humility in the Lord, esteeming others higher than ourselves, and moving the harmony beyond our song that we sing on a Sunday morning!

Let's walk together in "harmony" which is also unity!

Scripture Of The Day: "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity." - Psalm 133:1 (NKJV)