Upcoming upgrade 4-4/4-5

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Ladies,

Due to the fact that the search feature has been acting up badly to the point that it is really unusable, we will upgrade the forum software this coming weekend. The search software is showing its "age" and stops working after a few searches are completed. It is time we replaced it with something that does work.

There are a few things that I need to sort out before the upgrade, but if I cannot address them, I will do so after the upgrade.

I expect to bring the forum offline Friday late at night or Saturday early morning. The whole process will take roughly two days at which point the forum will be closed.

Thank you all for your understanding :)

NOEChic

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
We need the upgrade but LAWD, what am I going to do for two days lol?!?!

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Yaaaaaaaaay! I will miss the ladies, but this update is desperately needed.

Are there any plans for a separate app update?

Thanks Nikos.

beloved1bx

Yaaaaaaaaay! I will miss the ladies, but this update is desperately needed.

Are there any plans for a separate app update?

Thanks Nikos.

He said in another thread that the app won't be updated. The new forum is supposed to be mobile friendly.
I'd rather have an app though.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
NappyNelle No. We are no longer going to have an app, since the new forum software is designed to be responsive and operated equally well on a mobile device as on a desktop.

Leesh

Oh gracious so I cant kick it with you gals while Im at work for 9 longgggggg hours or in line at store or while waiting in the doctors office.

The app is my friend.

Last edited:

MuziqizLyfe

I hope the upgrade allows gifs to work on the mobile version and it would be nice if videos could be imbedded in posts!

preciouslove0x

There is no mobile app?!!!!! Are you kidding me?????? That's the ONLY way I access this site!!!

I don't want the search function upgrade then! That's ridiculous!

Either way I have a strange feeling the upgrade will last much longer than the expected 2 days......

ebonysweetie

I hope the upgrade allows gifs to work on the mobile version and it would be nice if videos could be imbedded in posts!

The last time we had a major upgrade, I believe it included some of the things that you mentioned. But folks did not like the change, the forum color and everything was updated and the interface wasn't easy on the eyes. They rolled back that update real quick after all of the complaints LOL.

CurlyMoo

Ladies,

Due to the fact that the search feature has been acting up badly to the point that it is really unusable, we will upgrade the forum software this coming weekend. The search software is showing its "age" and stops working after a few searches are completed. It is time we replaced it with something that does work.

There are a few things that I need to sort out before the upgrade, but if I cannot address them, I will do so after the upgrade.

I expect to bring the forum offline Friday late at night or Saturday early morning. The whole process will take roughly two days at which point the forum will be closed.

Thank you all for your understanding :)

Will we be able to put & watch videos in posts?

Leesh

Lawd, do y'all read? :lol: Scroll up, he talks about the app thing.

Oh we see it, we just oppose it. Gotta say somethin even if it aint gone help. Lol.

ETA: Its hard for me to believe itll work equally as well without the app.

Last edited: