*** UPDATE Thread!!!!!!!!! - Pic Heavy ***

vestaluv1

Do you get a lot of weave checks?

Only a couple, but these were from hairdressers. The fact that they even did that put me off from actually going to them for any type of service.
I don't often have my hair out, so it's not really an issue, although I have had people ask how long 'MY' hair was when I was wearing my hair! Even family members are surprised my hair has grown to the length it has. That goes for BF too

vestaluv1

Oh dear. I really needed this update! I have been noticing some more breakage and mentally preparing myself to have to chop into bob if I can't get this under control. My hair is starting to look like yours did at first and it's been bothering me. But thank you soooooo much for posting this. Your progress to me is amazing. So many ppl go from APL to WL and I never see it as a big deal because my hair has never been that long. But I can relate to your growth. I love that! There is hope :))

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This is what it's all about. Healthier hair practises will make all the difference to the lengths you can retain. We can all do it.
Good luck in your HJ Kupenda!

HauteHippie

Great thread! Very inspirational! I've been trying to get over the APL hump. My goal length is WL and I've been feeling a little like this lately: -_- Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

Rina88

Freakin fantastic! Thanks for the thorough update you give me so much inspiration, thank you so much.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Wow....I fell down. Your hair is "knock me off my feet" gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

Natty_Virgo

Omg! Okay for real I need to research sealing and bagging.

Ur hair is amazing.

Sent from my DROID3 using DROID3

My Friend

You have a beautiful head of hair :yep:

What oils did you use for pre pooing and what shampoo did you use?

Last edited:

vestaluv1

Now that's some serious LHCF hurr! great job. Deets on the reggie pleez.

Thankyou for your comments/question!
At present, the consistent things I'm doing are:

• Protective styling with wigs (daily)
  • Moisturising and sealing one to two times a day (ORS Carrot Oil and Coconut Oil respectively)
  • Washing and conditioning my hair approximately once a week, and rebraiding my hair while still damp
  • Satin cap at night
  • Minimal combing; I used to practice the no combing method but as my hair gets longer, I NEED to use the wide tooth comb more often!!!!
  • Baggying at night
  • As I said previously, deep conditioning is something I need to incorporate into my new regimen. For the new year, I want to have one set but I'm not completely sure what its going to be yet. There are some things I do now that I will definately continue with. I'll have to update you when I've decide on my new one, but you can see the details of the old regimens I used at the beginning of my hair journey in my fotki.
You have a beautiful head of hair :yep:

What oils did you use for pre pooing and what shampoo did you use?

I used to use the following:
  • Vatika Oil
  • Amla Oil
  • Brahmi Amla Oil
  • Shikakai Oil
Sometimes I would use the Vatika Oil on a daily basis to seal instead of the pure coconut oil. For those that are unaware, Vatika Oil is coconut oil with other ingredients added such as henna, amla and lemon.

MzSwift

Yay! Minus the nightly bagging (which I add in every now and then), I have the identical regi down to the fingercombing. I am now finding that I have to add a comb to my mix.

Thanks for the inspiration! You've done an awesome job!

OT: I saw your name and as I was looking through your pictures, I was singing Vesta's Congratulations song to your pretty hair.

Congratulaaaaaations
I thought it would have been me,
Standing there with you...

For as long as I can breathe,
You'll always be the ONE for meee.

MsAminta

Wow! Great progress! Gonna start nightly baggying. *dreaming of the day I'll be posting an update like this*

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

GIJane

Thankyou for your comments/question!
At present, the consistent things I'm doing are:

• Protective styling with wigs (daily)
  • Moisturising and sealing one to two times a day (ORS Carrot Oil and Coconut Oil respectively)
  • Washing and conditioning my hair approximately once a week, and rebraiding my hair while still damp
  • Satin cap at night
  • Minimal combing; I used to practice the no combing method but as my hair gets longer, I NEED to use the wide tooth comb more often!!!!
  • Baggying at night
  • As I said previously, deep conditioning is something I need to incorporate into my new regimen. For the new year, I want to have one set but I'm not completely sure what its going to be yet. There are some things I do now that I will definately continue with. I'll have to update you when I've decide on my new one, but you can see the details of the old regimens I used at the beginning of my hair journey in my fotki.

I used to use the following:
  • Vatika Oil
  • Amla Oil
  • Brahmi Amla Oil
  • Shikakai Oil
Sometimes I would use the Vatika Oil on a daily basis to seal instead of the pure coconut oil. For those that are unaware, Vatika Oil is coconut oil with other ingredients added such as henna, amla and lemon.

Thanks for this info. I am going to stalk your fotki now vestaluv1. I hope you don't mind. I am truly inspired by your hair growth.

Last edited:

skraprchik

Thanks so much for this update. i've been feeling a little discouraged because I feel like I can't get over the SL hump lately. Seeing your progress reminds me that it is possible.