Update: Touch-up (ORS Relaxer) at 18 1/2 Weeks Post

divinefavor

My friend gave me a touch-up today. She trimmed the raggedy ends off. So, I lost some of my progress, however, what's most important is healthy hair. The length will come in time. My friend did a wonderful job with the touch-up and trimming. When I was on my way out the door I said, "Girl, it looks like I've been to the shop".

We used the ORS Relaxer...I love this relaxer. She used to do my hair a couple of years ago and then had to stop because of her busy work schedule. She has since been laid off, so I thought it would be great for her to do my hair and at the same time also help her out with a little extra cash.

Touch-up including (ends trimming, strengthening treatment and flat ironed) cost =$30 (can't beat this price with a stick)

ORS relaxer = on sale at Sally's last month for $5.99

Not having to spend hours in a salon risking 5 inches of your hair being cut-off. Having great girl talk with a friend = "priceless".

I attached the pictures...feel free to view my album to see how far I've come! Thanks LHCF! APL here I come!

P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fill in that space in the middle? I've tried trimming my hair back there so that it's all even, but my hair continues to grow like this. My friend didn't want to trim all the way up to that spot. She didn't think it was necessary.

Attachments

• 2006-11-10 010.JPG
    2006-11-10 010.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 2006-11-10 009.JPG
    2006-11-10 009.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 88

shunta

Hi, Divine.:) Your friend did a great job relaxing your hair. With the spot in the back, just let it do its own thing and it will catch up in due time. Just give it lots of TLC.:D

divinefavor

Thanks shunta!

shunta said:
Hi, Divine.:) Your friend did a great job relaxing your hair. With the spot in the back, just let it do its own thing and it will catch up in due time. Just give it lots of TLC.:D

HoneyDew

Looks good. I don't think you should cut it either. besides if you curl it with some Carusos or something or wear it up, you won't even be able tosee it.

alexstin

HoneyDew said:
Looks good. I don't think you should cut it either. besides if you curl it with some Carusos or something or wear it up, you won't even be able tosee it.

I totally agree!!! Looks great!!!

ak46

divinefavor said:

What :eek: , I can't believe I missed that sale!!...LOL. I love this relaxer :love: , it's my favorite. Your hair looks great, your friend hooked it up.

PinkAngel

Your hair looks great! I love this relaxer as well.

Do you use a scarf at night & tie your knot in the back where your spot is? I had this problem for years, I trimmed a good inch off recently & I will not be placing my knot there anymore. I can tell it's making a big difference i flat-ironed yesterday & that spot has filled in well. (just thought I'd share)

e$h

Your hair looks grrreat! Your friend did an awesome job. I love this relaxer by the way.

HighlyFavored1

Looking good! I looked at your album, and your hair is really progressing! Your friend did a great job with the trim, your ends are definitely thicker and healthier looking!

I agree that you shouldn't trim all the way up to the section in the middle. First, I'd find out which section of my hair isn't growing as fast (ie, is it the middle of the nape that's shorter than the hair around it, or the middle of the back, or the middle of the crown?) I think that could help you pinpoint which section to really give a lot of care to.

Nice progress! :eek:

divinefavor

You know what, sometimes I do tie the not in the back and in the front. I'm noticing a spot in the front as well. I may need to stick with bonnets and find some with drawstrings.

Thanks for the compliment!

msshic said:
Your hair looks great! I love this relaxer as well.

Do you use a scarf at night & tie your knot in the back where your spot is? I had this problem for years, I trimmed a good inch off recently & I will not be placing my knot there anymore. I can tell it's making a big difference i flat-ironed yesterday & that spot has filled in well. (just thought I'd share)

divinefavor

Thanks so much!!! That's great advice!

HighlyFavored1 said:
Looking good! I looked at your album, and your hair is really progressing! Your friend did a great job with the trim, your ends are definitely thicker and healthier looking!

I agree that you shouldn't trim all the way up to the section in the middle. First, I'd find out which section of my hair isn't growing as fast (ie, is it the middle of the nape that's shorter than the hair around it, or the middle of the back, or the middle of the crown?) I think that could help you pinpoint which section to really give a lot of care to.

Nice progress! :eek:

LiLi

:lol::lol: I just PM'd you 15 minutes ago about your hair (I saw it in the Turbo Jam new DVDs posts); then I come on here and see the post already ... Girl I was about to call you out!!!

Anyway ... it looks lovely and has grown beautifully!! Don't worry about trimming that section ... it will fill in eventually or once it gets a little longer than your goal, you can just cut it all even.

Be careful with how you are putting your hair in a ponytail. There was a member here a long time ago and she has the same problem and found that it was the way she was putting her hair in a ponytail.

Silky ... beautiful ... healthy!! LOVE IT!!

AtlantaJJ

Beautiful!! Now send your friend to me in about 3 months okay?

divinefavor said:
My friend gave me a touch-up today. She trimmed the raggedy ends off. So, I lost some of my progress, however, what's most important is healthy hair. The length will come in time. My friend did a wonderful job with the touch-up and trimming. When I was on my way out the door I said, "Girl, it looks like I've been to the shop".

We used the ORS Relaxer...I love this relaxer. She used to do my hair a couple of years ago and then had to stop because of her busy work schedule. She has since been laid off, so I thought it would be great for her to do my hair and at the same time also help her out with a little extra cash.

Touch-up including (ends trimming, strengthening treatment and flat ironed) cost =$30 (can't beat this price with a stick)

Not having to spend hours in a salon risking 5 inches of your hair being cut-off. Having great girl talk with a friend = "priceless".

I attached the pictures...feel free to view my album to see how far I've come! Thanks LHCF! APL here I come!

P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fill in that space in the middle? I've tried trimming my hair back there so that it's all even, but my hair continues to grow like this. My friend didn't want to trim all the way up to that spot. She didn't think it was necessary.

HoneyDew

I love the protective buns you have in your album - so cute.

And BTW - CONGRATS on that stretch. you can get kudos for that alone!!!

Tee

shunta said:

I agree with Shunta.

femalegold

your hair look healthy and wonderful. I agree you should not have cut your ends. it still look great.:) I'm going for 18 weeks, how was it for you?

wadadligyal

Love your hair!!! The relaxer came out great!!!! Don't cut it girl it will eventually catch up with the rest. Keep growing!!!

bluediamond0829

your hair looks beautiful i was just thinking about relaxing my hair tonight also with ORS im only 7 weeks post though....

a little OT i was just in the BSS picking up a brush to apply the relaxer with and went over by the relaxers and the young girls picked up the ORS relaxer and was saying how one of their friends has them hooked on it..and how good the relaxer and the lady on the front looks compared to the tons of relaxers that were on the shelf...

SUPER SWEET

Look at my Hair twin :grin: Very pretty as usual.....and no you cant beat that price! :eek: You got me torn ORS or Silk Elements....

See ya in a few weeks :wave: I'm coming to church too.

divinefavor

caribeandiva said:
Gurl were have you been? i haven't seen you around here in a while. great progress! your hair looks fabulous!

Thank you hon! I've been wondering the same about you! :lachen:

divinefavor

Aww thank you hon!!! But, girl I just love ponytails!

LiLi said:
:lol::lol: I just PM'd you 15 minutes ago about your hair (I saw it in the Turbo Jam new DVDs posts); then I come on here and see the post already ... Girl I was about to call you out!!!

Anyway ... it looks lovely and has grown beautifully!! Don't worry about trimming that section ... it will fill in eventually or once it gets a little longer than your goal, you can just cut it all even.

Be careful with how you are putting your hair in a ponytail. There was a member here a long time ago and she has the same problem and found that it was the way she was putting her hair in a ponytail.

Silky ... beautiful ... healthy!! LOVE IT!!