Update: Touch-up (ORS Relaxer) at 18 1/2 Weeks Post

divinefavor

Thanks so much ladies for the compliments!! Yall got me blushing over here in the ATL!! :lol:

Last edited:

divinefavor

Hi hair twin!!! Well you know how I feel about which relaxer you should use!!! Let me know which Sunday you'll be at my church and I'll try and look for you!!! Hopefully, I'm not in school on that weekend. Let me know when you get here too, so that we can go to lunch or something.

mysweetevie said:
Look at my Hair twin :grin: Very pretty as usual.....and no you cant beat that price! :eek: You got me torn ORS or Silk Elements....

See ya in a few weeks :wave: I'm coming to church too.

divinefavor

Thank you HoneyDew! I have to figure out how to do those protective without putting stress on the sides and edges of my hair.

HoneyDew said:
I love the protective buns you have in your album - so cute.

And BTW - CONGRATS on that stretch. you can get kudos for that alone!!!

divinefavor

femalegold said:
your hair look healthy and wonderful. I agree you should not have cut your ends. it still look great.:) I'm going for 18 weeks, how was it for you?

It wasn't too bad. At the 15th (or 16ht) week, I went to the Dominicans to get a blow out. That was a lifesaver, because it really softened up the new growth. This week was the worst though, it was difficult for me to comb my hair. Also, my ponytails didn't look right, so that's when I knew it was time for a touch up. I think Aveda Damage Remedy and Elucence helped a lot. Rollersets are the bomb, I was in a wedding on October 15th and I had a a lot of new growth. I rollerset my hair and you couldn't tell. Let me know if you have any questions.

gymfreak336

Hey gurl, your hair looks GREAT!!! I have that same problem in the back by the way. Just let it catch up and get it healthy. :)

divinefavor

Thanks!!!

Yes, I've had very fine/soft hair my whole life. For some reason in photos it looks a little thicker.

nomoweavesfome said:
hey divine!!! Great progress!! you have blow in the wind hair!! Question?????
Do you consder yourself to be finehaired?

MzOptimistic

divinefavor said:
My friend gave me a touch-up today. She trimmed the raggedy ends off. So, I lost some of my progress, however, what's most important is healthy hair. The length will come in time. My friend did a wonderful job with the touch-up and trimming. When I was on my way out the door I said, "Girl, it looks like I've been to the shop".

We used the ORS Relaxer...I love this relaxer. She used to do my hair a couple of years ago and then had to stop because of her busy work schedule. She has since been laid off, so I thought it would be great for her to do my hair and at the same time also help her out with a little extra cash.

Touch-up including (ends trimming, strengthening treatment and flat ironed) cost =$30 (can't beat this price with a stick)

ORS relaxer = on sale at Sally's last month for $5.99

Not having to spend hours in a salon risking 5 inches of your hair being cut-off. Having great girl talk with a friend = "priceless".

I attached the pictures...feel free to view my album to see how far I've come! Thanks LHCF! APL here I come!

P.S. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fill in that space in the middle? I've tried trimming my hair back there so that it's all even, but my hair continues to grow like this. My friend didn't want to trim all the way up to that spot. She didn't think it was necessary.

My hair was like that on my left side due to flat ironing in my bad habit days but as my grew that gap filled in...Some of us ladies call it the gap. It will grow in as your hair get longer and thicker:)

divinefavor

Hey girlie!! Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm amazed that there are other people with the same problem. How have you been dealing with it?

gymfreak336 said:
Hey gurl, your hair looks GREAT!!! I have that same problem in the back by the way. Just let it catch up and get it healthy. :)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Your hair is gorgeous.:eek: I wish I could relax my hair strait, but I can't anymore.:lol: Ah well. Your friend did a great job.

gymfreak336

divinefavor said:
Hey girlie!! Thank you so much for the compliment! I'm amazed that there are other people with the same problem. How have you been dealing with it?

I have just been trying to leave it alone. I bought me some cute clips to do my messy updo thingy since my hair isn't really that long. I am floating right above shoulder length. After my next relaxer, I will get a light and I mean light trim overall. Then I am going to keep my ends oiled and maybe put some surge or mtg in that spot till it catches up. I am also not going to relax that area because I think overprocessing and scalp damaged from overprocessing has given me this problem. Most stylist start in the back on my head and the nape is the area that the chemical ends up being on the longest. Also make sure the way you tie your hair up at night isn't rubbing it out either. I found that my stain knot was rubbing it and gave me a light bald spot. I stopped doing it that way and that spot filled back in in two months.

Ronda123

Great progress!!! Keep up the good work! I am trying to stick to one product line but now I want to revisit the Eluence line. :)

growinglong777

Girlie here I am.. Divine Favor I pm'd you today. Your hair is gorgeous.. I am so proud of you,, you are really working this hair thing girl..I will have an updated comparison pic as soon as I can, hopefully by the weekend.