Update....

fancypants007

Just wanted to let everyone know that my hair is still shedding less and less since I started doing my deep conditioners with heat. I am now 24 weeks post relaxer. I want to try to go a year without chemicals like Sylver2 because I think that the women overprocessed my hair during my last touchup. I have a flexistrand weave as a protective style that was just installed last Sunday. I told the stylist to be gentle with my newgrowth and she was. She told me I have about 2 1/2 inches of newgrowth which seems accurate. I will measure when I come out of this weave in 6-8 weeks. This is the first time I have every got a weave and initially I didn't like it, but one of my co-workers told me that it looks very good and it looks natural. Sometimes I am my own worst critic. Anyhow, I had the stylist layer it for me because it was way tooo much hair. She also gave me some bangs. If this type of protective style works for me while I'm nurturing my hair, then I seriously believe I will achieve my goal of 6" of newgrowth by the end of October.