UPDATED MY ALBUM! COME SEE!

songbyrd517

Finally! Hi everyone!!!!!! I have not updated my album since early 2005, mostly because I did not have a camera. But, I have updated it now! Come see! My hair is healthy and growing, and I am loving my natural texture. I have made it to armpit length natural, and I am shooting for BSL next. My ultimate goal is natural, healthy, waist length hair. Enjoy.

songbyrd517

Thanks a lot guys ;) ! Hair secrets, hmmmmm :scratchch . Well, I am just trying to leave my hair alone lately. Less manipulation has really helped. Not using a lot of heat has as well. I take good care of it, eat right, exercise, and take my vitamins. I also try not to deal with it when I am frustrated, and try to speak positively about it at all times. I feel like my hair can hear me sometimes, so I try not to say bad things about it :lol: . Hopefully it will continue to grow for me! (Please grow hair, I love you!)

MzOptimistic

songbyrd517 said:
Thanks a lot guys ;) ! Hair secrets, hmmmmm :scratchch . Well, I am just trying to leave my hair alone lately. Less manipulation has really helped. Not using a lot of heat has as well. I take good care of it, eat right, exercise, and take my vitamins. I also try not to deal with it when I am frustrated, and try to speak positively about it at all times. I feel like my hair can hear me sometimes, so I try not to say bad things about it :lol: . Hopefully it will continue to grow for me! (Please grow hair, I love you!)

You're silly:grin: but I hear you:) what you said works for me also...HHG

Doll

Great progress Songbyrd517! Your natural hair looks very healthy. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Tsmith, you've got some pretty nice growth going on as well!

songbyrd517

Doll said:
Great progress Songbyrd517! Your natural hair looks very healthy. Keep up the good work!

Thank ya Doll! And ditto to Tsmith! Beautiful hair girl!!!!!!!!! Asking me for secrets :rolleyes: ! You have it under control :rofl: ! Seriously though, great job Tsmith, your hair is beautiful :yep:

Guyaneek

Doll said:

I second both! Songbyrd your hair is beautiful.
Tsmith, your siggy pics are the bomb too! That is some amazing growth lady!:grin:

songbyrd517

Thanks you everyone :weird: I really appreciate the kind words!

sunnygirl said:
Your hair looks great! Do you find your hair last better if you set it as opposed to the blow dryer?

I do. My does not hold well with a hand dryer. I have not mastered that yet. The roller-set holds great :yep:

kristina said:
hey hair twin!!! i just check out your album- your hair is absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you hair twin!!!! :kiss: Yours is beautiful as always!!!!!!!!!! I cant' wait until my hair is as long and beautiful as yours. You really inspire me, more than you know.

Guapa1

:mad: Why aren't your comments on? I had soo much to say! LOL

Your hair is lovely.. What were using when you were in braids? I make a homemade spritz that I used every day when I had twist extensions and when I took my hair out it felt lovely. Good luck in your hair journey, you will get there for your wedding I'm sure (congrats BTW! :D)

songbyrd517

Thanx ladies :weird:

Guapa1 said:
:mad: Why aren't your comments on? I had soo much to say! LOL

Your hair is lovely.. What were using when you were in braids? I make a homemade spritz that I used every day when I had twist extensions and when I took my hair out it felt lovely. Good luck in your hair journey, you will get there for your wedding I'm sure (congrats BTW! :D)

I apologize, I am new to fotki and still figuring it out :Blush2: I didn't know they were off :lol: They're on now, so comment away :yep: . And thank you for the nice compliment and well wishes - and the congrats :kiss: I used Infusium 23 Moisturizing Laeve-In (diluted with 1/3 part water), and African Pride Braid Spray (green bottle with tea tree and peppermint). I love that braid spray! It smells great and makes my scalp tingle! What was in your homeade spritz? My scalp felt great but my hair was very dry when I took out my braids :(