Updated Ultimate Hair Length Goal

What is your updated ultimate hair goal?

• SL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • APL

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • BSB/BSL

Votes: 11 10.1%
  • MBL

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • WL

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • HL

Votes: 19 17.4%
  • TBL/Classic

Votes: 29 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janet'

Hi Ladies :wave::wave:,

I did a search and the last thread was from 2012, so I thought that it would be great to do an updated poll and thread. After all, in 4 years, you could have met and even surpassed your hair goal back then and come up with a new one :yep: :yep:

So, :feedback::

What is your updated ultimate hair length goal? Has it changed? If so, why or if not why not? Are you close to reaching your goal?

These types of threads are good for me to be able to go back and see where my thoughts are at the time...Thanks in advance!!!

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
My quiet goal was BSL when I very first started growing.

Now that I've reached it, my goal has shifted to hip length, lol.

I didn't realize how much natural hair shrinks but I think it's mostly me being greedy.
I wore my hair in a braidout the other day and thought: 'Do I really need that much more hair?'

The answer is: YES, I need ALL the hair! :drunk:

Janet'

My quiet goal was BSL when I very first started growing.

Now that I've reached it, my goal has shifted to hip length, lol.

I didn't realize how much natural hair shrinks but I think it's mostly me being greedy.
I wore my hair in a braidout the other day and thought: 'Do I really need that much more hair?'

The answer is: YES, I need ALL the hair! :drunk:

That shrinkage is a beast, isn't it???? :spinning::spinning: I know some ladies have goals of BSL unstretched-- which really means WL-HL :eek::eek:!!!

Your hair is lovely, btw!:2inlove:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
That shrinkage is a beast, isn't it???? :spinning::spinning: I know some ladies have goals of BSL unstretched-- which really means WL-HL :eek::eek:!!!

Your hair is lovely, btw!:2inlove:
Thank you!! :blush: I love yours too, especially the color. I'd really like to get some done but I've done multiple henna treatments and I'm way too scared.

BSL unstretched is insane, though. I don't think my shrinkage rate would ever allow that. My hair would find some way to coil back into my scalp, lol.

Janet'

Thank you!! :blush: I love yours too, especially the color. I'd really like to get some done but I've done multiple henna treatments and I'm way too scared.

BSL unstretched is insane, though. I don't think my shrinkage rate would ever allow that. My hair would find some way to coil back into my scalp, lol.

Thank YOU! I understand, color can be tricky. I agree- even when I reached MBL 5 years ago, wet and in its natural state, I was SL :nono: :nono:

FoxxyLocs

My goal is HL. I'm grazing right now, but I want to be full HL with healthy ends. I just had a trim so my ends are in good shape. Hopefully I'll be at goal by the end of the year. I don't plan to straighten again until then.

At this length my hair is APL unstretched - like in a braid out or twist out. With just my natural curl pattern, it still shrinks to shoulder length. I would never let it dry like that though.

KaciaLN12

My ultimate length goal would be full HL straightened, which hopefully will result in full shoulder-length wash-n-gos with full shrinkage and APL-ish twist/braid-outs. Right now, I'm at a layered WL, but my wash-n-gos shrink to neck-length and my twist/braid-outs are right at shoulder-length. I used to think WL would be so much hair, but my shrinkage make the length seem manageable.

snoop

When I first started I I had BC'd to about 1/2 inch of hair. The longest my hair had ever been to that point was about NL. I didn't think that I would ever get to APL, but once I got there I started shooting for WL. Now that I'm almost there, I want TBL. My celie braids reach CBL, but at best my braid outs reach NL. The shrinkage is real!

I've never set a length goal until I realized how long my hair has gotten. Then I decided I can actually hit waist length if I want to

First image is after my last relaxer. IMG_0964.JPG

Second is after my hairdresser "trimmed" it. After she's taken half of during detangling. IMG_0981.JPG

I am done with stylists

greenbees

My original goal was WL straightened/stretched. Now I'm there and I want more hair :look: I may stop once I reach HL but tailbone sounds fun too. Lol, I say this but I always end up dreading wash day and fantasize about cutting my hair to shoulder length or shorter :lol:

Last edited: