Urgent: Nikos, Bev, Mods -- Is there a VIRUS on the forum?

Mestiza

Please, help immediately! Is there a virus of some sort on the forum?

I was reading the following thread: "Conditioner w/lots of slip for natural hair" on the Hair Care Tips and Product Review Discussion Board and there is a weird sign that says: "You are..." (shows IP address) and "Our greatest battles are those with our own minds"

It's on page 3 on post #26, which, is for member sbg4evr.

Here is the link: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sh...ighlight=Conditioner+w/lots+slip+natural+hair

I contacted my ISP and they said that it sounds like there is a virus is on this website. :eek:

Please, look into this immediately. Thank you!

Mestiza

Poohbear said:
:lachen: I think that's just an image sbg4evr put in her signature. ;)

I feel kinda dumb, right about now!

I've never seen a siggy like that and thought that I'd better call them to see if something was wrong w/ their software, or something. I explained to the person that I talked to that this is a forum/message board and that signature lines are allowed. They told me that if it's showing your IP address, then, it could be a virus that has somehow replaced the siggy. I'm confused!

I've been over her worrying that everybody is going to have a virus attacking their computers. I'm sorry! I'm still confused! I don't know what to think, now.

Mestiza

WaterChylde said:
It's a script that reads your IP address and browser you're using. It's not a virus though.

Does it pose any type of security risk?

Last edited:

BAILEYSCREAM

Mestiza,

I clicked on this link real quick because I wanted to know what was so urgent:lol:
So imagine the way I smiled when I found it was just that banner in the sig.....Anyway, go to http://www.danasoft.com/ and you'll get all the info about that banner and what it's for.

Peace.:)

Mestiza

BAILEYSCREAM said:
Mestiza,

I clicked on this link real quick because I wanted to know what was so urgent:lol:
So imagine the way I smiled when I found it was just that banner in the sig.....Anyway, go to http://www.danasoft.com/ and you'll get all the info about that banner and what it's for.

Peace.:)

I could just give you the biggest hug! Thank you so very much for that link! I have never seen a banner like that and thought that there was a problem w/ the software of my ISP, initially. I called them and was told that it was probably a virus on the website. I thought that all of the members were being exposed to it. They scared the "you know what" out of me.

You can't imagine how relieved I am, now. Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU! :D

Mitre

Well that explain it. I had to redo my entire system because of that same message 2 weeks ago cost me alot of money

BAILEYSCREAM

Mestiza said:
I could just give you the biggest hug! Thank you so very much for that link! I have never seen a banner like that and thought that there was a problem w/ the software of my ISP, initially. I called them and was told that it was probably a virus on the website. I thought that all of the members were being exposed to it. They scared the "you know what" out of me.

You can't imagine how relieved I am, now. Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU! :D

You're welcome sweetheart.:)

Mestiza

Tamika said:
Well that explain it. I had to redo my entire system because of that same message 2 weeks ago cost me alot of money

Oh, no! What a bummer! :eek:

I hope that the info that was provided in this thread will help others like it has helped me. :D

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
Just to put your minds at ease, what you see in a signature like that is your settings and only you see that and nobody else (unless someone is peeking over your shoulder).

I know the guy that wrote this software and he is one of the developers of our gallery software.

Mestiza

dimopoulos said:
Just to put your minds at ease, what you see in a signature like that is your settings and only you see that and nobody else (unless someone is peeking over your shoulder).

I know the guy that wrote this software and he is one of the developers of our gallery software.

Thank you very much for that info! :D How funny and ironic that he is one of the developers of the gallery software for this site. :lol: Cool!