Urgent! Seek prayers/resources to recite re. procrastination and fear of failure

PaperClip

I've finally discerned this root.... Seeking help/support to overcome this.... Much appreciation in advance.

Glib Gurl

I only have a moment, but I want to give you this verse to encourage you . . .

Colossians 3:23

NIV - "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, . . . "

Amplified - "Whatever may be your task, work at it heartily (from the soul), as [something done] for the Lord and not for men . . . ."

The Message - "Servants, do what you're told by your earthly masters. And don't just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best. Work from the heart for your real Master, for God . . . ."

I hope these minister to you!

trinigul

I typed a long post that got lost.

It's not a prayer, but:

She's got the skills and the master plan. Her scrumptious dream was missing just one major ingredient. She didn't have hustle.

Hustle is the motivating force that transforms fantasy into reality. Ambition on steroids, the hustle, in principle
and procedure, is simple: It's the work. It's the phone calls; the letters sent; the rejection slips, the door closed in your face and the ability to endure it all over and over until someone gives you what you want. To hustle is to burn the candle at both ends, believing you're investing time and energy in a valiant return. It is planting seeds and then shaking the tree for fruit--while you plant more seeds. It is knowing that if you hustle diligently, there will be a positive result.

The word Hustle has long received a bad rap, but the honest hustle is simply what you have to do to make something go. Even mediocre purpose can find success if properly hustled. Then again, the world is filled with gorgeous plans that never succeed because its author is afraid to risk failure or just doesn't know how to roll up their sleeves.

Also...

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

- Marianne Williamson

A Return to Love: Reflections on the
Principles of "A Course in Miracles"

Most of all, I also have been meditating on God's promise of supernatural wisdom: James 1: 5-6:
5If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. 6But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

Thanks Glib, I'm gonna add Colossinas 3:23 to my memory verses for when I"m having a fear seizure.

Glib Gurl

trinigul said:
I typed a long post that got lost.

It's not a prayer, but:

She's got the skills and the master plan. Her scrumptious dream was missing just one major ingredient. She didn't have hustle.

Hustle is the motivating force that transforms fantasy into reality. Ambition on steroids, the hustle, in principle
and procedure, is simple: It's the work. It's the phone calls; the letters sent; the rejection slips, the door closed in your face and the ability to endure it all over and over until someone gives you what you want. To hustle is to burn the candle at both ends, believing you're investing time and energy in a valiant return. It is planting seeds and then shaking the tree for fruit--while you plant more seeds. It is knowing that if you hustle diligently, there will be a positive result.

The word Hustle has long received a bad rap, but the honest hustle is simply what you have to do to make something go. Even mediocre purpose can find success if properly hustled. Then again, the world is filled with gorgeous plans that never succeed because its author is afraid to risk failure or just doesn't know how to roll up their sleeves.

Oh wow - did you write this? That is AWESOME!

Our Deepest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear
is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness,
that most frightens us.
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are we not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small doesn't serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people
won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine as children do.
We were born to make manifest
the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And when we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
our presence automatically liberates others.

- Marianne Williamson

A Return to Love: Reflections on the
Principles of "A Course in Miracles"

I love this -- the bolded part is actually painted onto the wall in my apartment . . ..

trinigul

Wish I did write HUSTLE. Someone sent in to me YEARS ago. Can't remember who and I can't find this anywhere on the web. All I know is that I tear up whenever I read all the stuff I submitted above. (I'm a weeper).

And I'm gonna bite on your idea. I know just the wall I'm gonna put that quote on. Thanks AGAIN.

Last edited: