US Army Labels Christians as "Extremists"

divya

I was watching Christian television yesterday and they looked deeper into this issue, saying the military is trying to homogenize the soldiers and I agree, I am a vet and when I was in, my husband and I had many attacks against our marriage after "don't ask, don't tell" was repealed. I have no problems with those considering themselves gay serving in the armed forces, I love them and have many friends that live this lifestyle but do not try to make me feel bad for living right or make me dishonor my husband. And thank goodness my husband contract is over! That goes AGAINST God's laws and was one of the many reasons I left the military despite budget cuts and them cutting TA. Also if you research the Romes past army during their greatest period their military strongly supported gays because they thought it brought "oneness or seemlessness" amongst the ranks. God help us all!

Not totally understanding. Are you saying that gay servicemember were attempting to be involved with you and/or you husband?

The armed forces are changing a lot and not necessarily for the better in so many areas. There seems to be a lot of pressure from the outside and/or top which is causing problems within.

divya

Multiple sources state that the presentation was removed from the army reserve curriculum (possibly over a year ago) after being shown only once, as the issues where evident.

Why this is a huge issue one year later, who knows? May be some other motive...

Last edited:

divya

Some reports, however, are still giving the Army grief over the incident, but, just like incidents claiming the Army is raising a Christian Army, some fairness is due here as well: The incident reportedly occurred one time more than a year ago, and when the briefer was told of the offense the slide caused, she said she would remove it. (True, a military briefing offensive to Islam generated far more official response — including firing the instructor — but that’s another story.)

It is better to handle such issues in internal channels, though the channels were somewhat complicated in this case by the fact the briefer was instructing MEO — the very channel in which such a grievance would be raised. Still, while the incident was already corrected, the publicity (not necessarily the admonitions against the military institution) is actually welcome in this case — as it provides a counterpoint to those (like Michael Weinstein) who harp on the US military’s alleged promotion of Christianity. It seems there are individuals who think a great many things in the US military, including many who agree with him.

Potentially sensing the rising tide of criticism, Chris Rodda presented the MRFF’s position in support of CARL’s criticism — meaning, of course, she is disavowing her own boss’s “war” against the “evangelical coup.” (Intellectual consistency has never been an MRFF virtue.)

An individual PowerPoint slide or briefing does not make military policy, as has been said here many times before. Nor is this single event an indicator of an institutional behavior.

What is institutional is the Army’s official response, which was none-too-kind to a characterization of Michael Weinstein’s attacks on religious liberty in the US military.

http://christianfighterpilot.com/bl...s-presentation-supporting-weinstein-ideology/

Successfulmiss

@divya

my husband and I had many attacks against our marriage after "don't ask, don't tell" was repealed. I have no problems with those considering themselves gay serving in the armed forces, I love them and have many friends that live this lifestyle but do not try to make me feel bad for living right or make me dishonor my husband.

1)This statement was because I out ranked my husband and my Command would try to make me dishonor him at times.
2)We had ALOT of lesbians in my unit and they would try to mock my marriage or openly talk about their sexual exploits aggressively in my presence.
3) My CO was a lesbian as well and would bring her lover to our Company events
4) It's one thing to be gay and in the military but even with my husband and I we would maintain our professionalism by not showing PDA in uniform at all and respecting authority when they wanted us to be apart but when you have people openly being immature about their sexuality or making you feel bad for not being a lesbian that is also dishonoring to your godly marriage.:nono:

divya

@divya

my husband and I had many attacks against our marriage after "don't ask, don't tell" was repealed. I have no problems with those considering themselves gay serving in the armed forces, I love them and have many friends that live this lifestyle but do not try to make me feel bad for living right or make me dishonor my husband.

1)This statement was because I out ranked my husband and my Command would try to make me dishonor him at times.
2)We had ALOT of lesbians in my unit and they would try to mock my marriage or openly talk about their sexual exploits aggressively in my presence.
3) My CO was a lesbian as well and would bring her lover to our Company events
4) It's one thing to be gay and in the military but even with my husband and I we would maintain our professionalism by not showing PDA in uniform at all and respecting authority when they wanted us to be apart but when you have people openly being immature about their sexuality or making you feel bad for not being a lesbian that is also dishonoring to your godly marriage.:nono:

Ok, I see where you are coming from. The issue with outranking your spouse is one main reason why I decided against joining. While I understand your problems happened to come from lesbians, I was warned about that from others in the chain of command in general. The military claims to be "pro-family" but in many ways, it is not.

2-4...not surprised. It is disgusting for people to speak about their sexual exploits openly & agresseively regardless of choice in sexuality. Unfortunately, the military can attract a certain crass type who are very much that way. And with don't ask, don't tell being repealed, some people probably got more bold. Glad you are now out. Honestly, nothing has changed after dont ask, dont tell in DH's unit, but it's likely on its way.

Last edited: