Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge 2009

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Che--I love TJ's condish too. I try to remind myself that I am missing out on stuff I love by buying all this extra mess that ends up being blah to me. Shescentit does nothing for me either.

T & Americka--I use Vatika Frosting for prepooing or hot. I will start using it in other ways too (maybe mixing with Shea Butter). Oh yeah I had already mixed it with Moist 24/7. Now that is the ish right there.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Hairveda Black Friday Sale List

32 ounce Sitrinillah
2X Hydrasilica Spritz
16 ounce ACV Rinse
8 ounce Whipped Baggy Cream
Step 1 Methi Sativa
2X Vatika Frosting
16 ounce Amala Shampoo

La Colocha

The double decker dcing:lachen:was alright i think im satisfied for today. Your hair will only take what it needs and leave the rest. I could use something else but:look: i don't want to drown the colocha's and then have yall looking at me like this:rolleyes::lachen:. 2 in one day is enough.:look:

chebaby

i just got finished cornrowing my hair. i havent done braids in so long it seems like a lot of manipulation to me. but i guess since i wont be touching my hair for a week then its ok. i didnt loose much hair but i felt like i should have blow dried my hair so that i didnt have to keep untangling curls. but i refuse to blow dry my hair everytime i want to cornrow. that crazy. but i packed my hair with a bunch of shea butter and i think every night i will rebraid my ends with cocasta.

chebaby

people love some vatika frosting. i just look at it as a treat because for me there really isnt a difference between that and coconut oil. i just love the smell lol.

La Colocha

Good morning ladies, i used up my califa conditoner sample yesterday and today im going to use up my califa moisture mist sample. There is about an inch of product left so im going to go ahead and get rid of that when i moisturize tonight. I have graduated to only 4 plaits because my hair is getting longer so i don't have to do 8 anymore. I like that because it saves me time doing my hair. I can't wait to start getting hang time with the plaits. I have to stop playing around and trim my ends, so ill do that this weekend. I do the twist and clip method, it takes for ever but it must be done. So i have to go to sally's this week and get some shears and i need an oil bottle, because im going to combine all my natural oils together to make room. I should start receiveing boxes this week so my winter stash is almost completed. Its going to be hard not buying products for the rest of the year but this is my goal.:yep: If i can get my internet service to act right i may start working on a blog for just random stuff and product reviews.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
UPDATE & MISC:

I called Folica and Cancelled the 1 FHI Runway, since I had 2 one for 15% off and one for 20% so I "should" be good on that.:look:

In Other News: BabyBoy gave me a very adoring glance on my "Doo":love:

Him: What 'Cha Been Doing All Day
Me: I don't know, I guess, cleaning up & on the Computer
Him: What 'Cha Be on the Computer Looking at?
Me: Well....I am in this Hair Forum
Him: What do ya'll be talking about'
Me: Well...You Know....Hair. It's like Naturals, Relaxed, Transitioner, Women & (a couple of "Men") and we talk about growing hair, hair issues, products, hair tools etc...
Him: It's working...Your Hair looks Pretty.
Me: Well...You know after what happened, I told you I was going to start doing my own hair and trying to grow it back
Him: It's working.:2inlove::kisslips::kiss::dinner:

Ronnieaj

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

My lovely ladies, how do you do?!?!?!! I've been over in Makeup & Skincare losing my mind in the Nail Fanatics Round, chugging along with using up my products.

Since I've been gone so long, you might think I've backslid into oblivion, but ALAS, that is not the case!!! :grin: I did purchase from Shescentit during her Labor Day sale, but only 3 items, not 10 like I usually do!! I haven't used up much of anything, but I'm not buying either. I'd bought so much in such a short period of time that everything's full :yep:! But I'm here, never far, promises :grin:!

panamoni

Such a cute story! Thanks for sharing.

UPDATE & MISC:

I called Folica and Cancelled the 1 FHI Runway, since I had 2 one for 15% off and one for 20% so I "should" be good on that.:look:

In Other News: BabyBoy gave me a very adoring glance on my "Doo":love:

Him: What 'Cha Been Doing All Day
Me: I don't know, I guess, cleaning up & on the Computer
Him: What 'Cha Be on the Computer Looking at?
Me: Well....I am in this Hair Forum
Him: What do ya'll be talking about'
Me: Well...You Know....Hair. It's like Naturals, Relaxed, Transitioner, Women & (a couple of "Men") and we talk about growing hair, hair issues, products, hair tools etc...
Him: It's working...Your Hair looks Pretty.
Me: Well...You know after what happened, I told you I was going to start doing my own hair and trying to grow it back
Him: It's working.:2inlove::kisslips::kiss::dinner:

panamoni

I loved the Joico products!! Hair felt great -- follwed up with Salerm 21 leave-in, then to moisturize, I've been using Phyto 9 and JC Nourish & Shine. My hair does feel less greasy using these products as opposed to the ORS Olive Oil Cream (maybe due to the mineral oil).

Also, Hairveda still has the VF in stock. YAY (hope I like it)!
Anyway, I ordered Vatika Frosting, Sitrinillah DC (replacement for current jar running out), and the new hydra spritz stuff (hope I like that).

panamoni

I loved the Joico products!! Hair felt great -- follwed up with Salerm 21 leave-in, then to moisturize, I've been using Phyto 9 and JC Nourish & Shine. My hair does feel less greasy using these products as opposed to the ORS Olive Oil Cream (maybe due to the mineral oil).

Also, Hairveda still has the VF in stock. YAY (hope I like it)!
Anyway, I ordered Vatika Frosting, Sitrinillah DC (replacement for current jar running out), and the new hydra spritz stuff (hope I like that).

OK, so I should have waited to submit this post until I had paid for my order. :lachen:The Vatika Frosting is SOLD OUT!!! I'm cancelling my entire order until they get it back in stock.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Finished a CD's Black Vanilla Leave In last night. One down, one to go. I feel like the back of my head/hair is not moisturized enough. So I have started applying my leave in, moisturizer, and sealing in sections. I hope this makes a difference. I started whole head baggying last night too.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Do any of you gals have some Hairveda Amala Shampoo and Whipped Baggy Cream I can sample?

:angel:

Last edited:

Charz

Sinister Minister
I just looked at my Shescentit Moisture Mist Spritz and its 90% full. I got it on the 15th.....is that bad? :sekret:

cherepikr

This weekend DD and emptied a few bottles. (Banana Brulee, Moisture Mist, Hawaiian Silky 14, Queen Helene Choles.)

I am ordering some Dominican deep conditioner, and I'll repurchase the Shecentit products when there is a sale.

chebaby

ok im upset yall. i cant find my carols daughter black vanilla leave in spray. i mixed it with water and it was gonna be a back up for when i run out of juices and berries. i wonder if i threw it out or gave it away.

on another note, my SO called me a hoarder last night lol. a commercial came on about a show where people have issues with hoarding. alittle boy was going crazy because his parents wanted to throw stuff away. i made a joke about how i would kick the little boys butt and SO was looking at me like he was really surprised and he was like "dont you suffer from the same thing?" what am i gonna say to that.

La Colocha

Good day ladies, i received my tw bulk order today and i had something missing, so i hope that gets taken care of quickly and i recieved a d3 from mama t today, thanks mama. I will use up my califa mm sample and use some avocado butter cream.

iNicola

Got my Bluebeez order:woot:. The last time I was expecting a UPS delivery the driver didn't knock or leave an info notice. I actually heard when the truck was driving a way. I checked the status which said delivery attempted then went outside to find that he didn't leave an info notice...I was heated. This time I wasn't taking any chances so I went downstairs to meet him. As soon as I got to the ground floor he was about to get in the elevator. He called my last name and I responded and then said that I wasn't going to let him leave without getting package this time:bat:. He laughed. I asked how he got in the building and he said he called the security guard at the gate. I'm thinking "hmmm...:rolleyes:...why didn't you do that last time?"

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Why did I just find a knot at the end of my hair? I am so not happy with my hair right now, really. I'm starting to think trying all these products is jacking my hair up. I'm not ordering or trying anything new. That's it. I will go through what I have and make decisions but that's it. I have some stuff on the way but it's from vendors I know except Claudie's. I'm paranoid about my edges so I will still use that.

chebaby

@Shay, i understand. you need to find the culprit or just stick to what works.
im paranoid about my edges too. thats why i stopped wearing puffs because my goody bands were really tight. i hope you find the culprit.

La Colocha

Why did I just find a knot at the end of my hair? I am so not happy with my hair right now, really. I'm starting to think trying all these products is jacking my hair up. I'm not ordering or trying anything new. That's it. I will go through what I have and make decisions but that's it. I have some stuff on the way but it's from vendors I know except Claudie's. I'm paranoid about my edges so I will still use that.

How many weeks post are you? I get pixie knots(single strand sometimes). How big was the knot? This is one of the frustrations that alot of naturals have, especially with coily or curly hair.

Charz

Sinister Minister

Girl, its the curse of being a natural. Its actually the only negative thing about being a natural. Just make sure you don't wash your hair loose or sleep with your hair loose. Keep those ends oiled up, and detangle thoroughly.

Honestly when I stopped doing wash and goes and air drying my single strand knot rate went down tremendously. But that's just me.