Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

Charz

Sinister Minister
La Colocha stated the rules of this challenge best:

No buys are hard to do so i came up with something a little different. Use 1 buy 1. This challenge is to use a product up before you purchase another one. I have a bad habit of buying things and not using them up.

Rules are very simple: Use a product up before you buy another one. If you order off line, you can order before your product runs out. So you will not be without. You can only purchase products when there are sales and discounts. Im hoping this will be fun and helpful to people. You can join anytime. This challenge will run until December,31st 2010.

Eta: You do not have to use a product up to take advantage of a sale or discount.

I hope she doesn't mind me starting this over in 2010 :grin:

Last Thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=404778&page=179

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
La Colocha stated the rules of this challenge best:

I hope she doesn't mind me starting this over in 2010 :grin:

Last Thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=404778&page=179

Thanks Lil' Sis!:hug2: For Re-Starting this Thread:meme:

Tonight I finally used up a Reconstructor (which was Millennia Mud/Ion Effective Care mixed.

Next week will start on an already open bottle of Nexxus Keraphix (which will be my weekly reconstructor until used up).

Will also use up 1 Vial of Matrix Ceramides and 1 tiny Vial of this Schwarzkopf CoQ10 Leave-in I've been using for the past few weeks.

DC'd with Steamer a mixture of L'Oreal Kiwi Artec and Hempseed Oil.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Thanks Lil' Sis!:hug2: For Re-Starting this Thread:meme:

Tonight I finally used up a Reconstructor (which was Millennia Mud/Ion Effective Care mixed.

Next week will start on an already open bottle of Nexxus Keraphix (which will be my weekly reconstructor until used up).

Will also use up 1 Vial of Matrix Ceramides and 1 tiny Vial of this Schwarzkopf CoQ10 Leave-in I've been using for the past few weeks.

DC'd with Steamer a mixture of L'Oreal Kiwi Artec and Hempseed Oil.

Wow, you are really on your way with using things up! Do you find that it is easier to work on one product at a time? Or do you still like variety?

JJamiah

I am down for this. I actually would like to use more up and then start to purchase towards the end of the year anywho the deals are great around christmas time :)

Charz

Sinister Minister
I am down for this. I actually would like to use more up and then start to purchase towards the end of the year anywho the deals are great around christmas time :)

Me too. I am trying to use some stuff up to by in bulk. I already used up all my co-wash conditioners so I ordered a gallon of the HV Moist 24/7.

I know I want:

Jessicurl WDT Gallon.
4X QB Burdock Root Butter Cream
2X QB Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm
6X 16 ounce KBB Hair Milk (I know :perplexed)
2X KBB Moisturizing Shampoo

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Wow, you are really on your way with using things up! Do you find that it is easier to work on one product at a time? Or do you still like variety?

I've been trying to use up one thing until it's gone. (Although I like Shay's other method of using up a couple of things and keeping them in rotation. I've been using i.e. 1 Reconstructor, 1 DC, 1 Conditioner to Co-Wash with etc......

I do use a variety of Daily Moisturizing Treatments and a combination of oils , under my Wig(depending on what I'm feeling and how my hair is feeling).:look:

Once I get 'more discipline' maybe I can add more of a variety. If not, I'll be all over the place again and nothing will get used up.:perplexed

I want to use up alot of 'stuff' that is open (and there's alot of stuff open).:sad:

It's going to be a slow-walk.:ohwell: Especially since I only do my hair once a week, but I have got to get it done.:blush:

However, I Just couldn't go on buying more and more and more and more stuff. That......had to stop.:nono:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Yeah, in our other thread, Ladies talked about (and implemented) buying stuff 2 twice a year and it was working nicely for them.:yep: But prolly really hard to stick to.:look:

Charz

Sinister Minister
It's going to be a slow-walk.:ohwell: Especially since I only do my hair once a week, but I have got to get it done.:blush:

Yeah, I started washing my hair more often, since I can bun now and it is so easy just to wet bun.

Shed hairs are evil, they attack the hair around it. The faster I get these shed hairs out the better.

Charz

Sinister Minister
Yeah, in our other thread, Ladies talked about (and implemented) buying stuff 2 twice a year and it was working nicely for them.:yep: But prolly really hard to stick to.:look:

This is very difficult for me, because I refuse to buy things that are not on sale. During Nov it's easy cuz everything is on sale due to black friday, but in the spring time it's difficult.

The only reason I got the gallon of Moist 24/7 is because there was free shipping :look: I don't know why, I had to get on it before the glitch was fixed :sekret:

JJamiah

I've been trying to use up one thing until it's gone. (Although I like Shay's other method of using up a couple of things and keeping them in rotation. I've been using i.e. 1 Reconstructor, 1 DC, 1 Conditioner to Co-Wash with etc......

I do use a variety of Daily Moisturizing Treatments and a combination of oils , under my Wig(depending on what I'm feeling and how my hair is feeling).:look:

Once I get 'more discipline' maybe I can add more of a variety. If not, I'll be all over the place again and nothing will get used up.:perplexed

I want to use up alot of 'stuff' that is open (and there's alot of stuff open).:sad:

However, I Just couldn't go on buying more and more and more and more stuff. That......had to stop.:nono:

Who are you telling, I just was like :nono: take this back you don't need this; take it back, take it back.

natura87

I just opened up a bottle of Aussie Moist (the big one with a pump) a few days ago so that wont be gone for a while, but I will try to use up the rest of my Dr. Bronners castile soap and a butter or two for some twist.

I just bought a bottle of Frizz Ease Dream Curls Curl Perfecting Spray. It has a few cones (2) in it but my hair loves it for some reason.

I wont be in this thread much. m trying to curb my spending...

chebaby

Hi everyone
I have my hair in a braidout I did last night wi qhemet heavy cream and ghee with 8 braids. I'm really getting good at it. But I realized my hair comes out way different depending on if I used a cream or butter. Isn't that weird?
My hair looks better with creams because butters hold my hair in place and I'm not too fond of that.
I haven't used up anything yet but I plan on usuing up my Giovanni protein tomorrow.

BostonMaria

Hey ladies just saying hi!
I'm not really buying anything anymore, but will stop by to see what you guys are up to.

Are you guys going to close the PJ thread?

JJamiah

I was told my shampoo would last me only a month so I bought a dozen. My one bottle has lasted me 2 months. It has olive oil and jojoba oil, I didn't want it to go bad if that is possible. Anyone know if it is?

Charz

Sinister Minister
I was told my shampoo would last me only a month so I bought a dozen. My one bottle has lasted me 2 months. It has olive oil and jojoba oil, I didn't want it to go bad if that is possible. Anyone know if it is?

What kind of shampoo, and what are the preservatives/ingredients?

natura87

I know myself well enough to know that i cant just buy one and use one...Ill buy 8 and use half of one. That is the reason why I have so much conditioner.

mkd

I really think I am good for a minute. I just need to get the jessicurl WDT and KCCC, I should have gotten it yesterday when curlmart was having a sale. I am trying to save money for vacation so I decided to just wait for a few weeks.

WNS, you haven't peeked in here yet but I saw yesterday you were using Jasmine's. What do you think about the products you used? I kind of like the ultra nourishing conditioner.

OT: I think I might be MBL, I will know for sure when I go get my trim next month.