Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

chebaby

thanx you guys.
i was so about to cry earlier but im good now. im just going to deep condition and keep my hair in twists(for real this time lol).
so i will be using up my qhemet because that is the best moisturizer i have right now. and i guess i will be taking advantage of the sale because i have been selling all the moisturizers that havent done anything for me and you know what im left with, shea butter, afroveda cocolatte, qhemet heavy cream, kbb cream and miss jessies baby buttercream. as you can see only 3 products have water and baby buttercream is only for winter.
so i guess qhemet is my only moisturizer right now.

Esq.2B

I think I'm gonna buy some more Joico products this weekend. I want to try the Moisture Recovery Line. Plus I need some more Intense Hydrator conditioner. It's almost done.

Also I found a buyer for that last bottle of Dove Replenishing Mist.

Now I'm selling 2 professional sized bottles of ORS Replenishing conditioner (original formula before the awful formula change ). They're unopened/unused. Each bottle is $13 plus shipping. PM me if interested. I'll do a post in the product exchange forum too but I'm sure this thread gets more traffic. lol

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Che: I was going to mention....and totally forgot:perplexed weren't people using the Carol's Daughter Rosemary & Mint sorta like a Clarifier and/or to cleanse dandruff & oily scalp (exfoilate)? I was going to mention this and forgot.

So.....Maybe that's why you're hair dried out so much. I think I remember someone in another thread even comparing it to ORS Creamy Aloe or whatever the name of that is.....

That it's more of a 'deep cleanser' (if I'm not mistaken).:ohwell:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I was just sitting here thinking/wondering if....I'll use up anything this week?

IK I will only possibly use up a coupla' vials of stuff and that's all.:perplexed

I have about 1-2 DC'ing treatments left with that jar of Joico. (Although I have another unopened Jar) for later.

I will move on to the Keratase Oleo Relax which has about a good 2,3,4 more DC'ing Treatments.

After I finish that, I will open 1 jar of my Hairveda Sitrinillah. It's time.:ohwell:

And also start on to the Jessicurl WDT I got from Lamara and rotate those 2.

chebaby

thanx T. the bottle says its purifying so i figured it was going to be a little deep cleansing but not make my hair feel like a group of dreads. i figured if it dried my hair out i would condition and never use the shampoo again and that would be it, but this was much worse. i cant even explain it.
i honestly wouldnt even swap or trade this stuff its so bad lol.

but with doing my twists i plan on using up kbb hair milk. and this week i already finished the aveda treatment and the curls conditioner.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
thanx T. the bottle says its purifying so i figured it was going to be a little deep cleansing but not make my hair feel like a group of dreads. i figured if it dried my hair out i would condition and never use the shampoo again and that would be it, but this was much worse. i cant even explain it.
i honestly wouldnt even swap or trade this stuff its so bad lol.

but with doing my twists i plan on using up kbb hair milk. and this week i already finished the aveda treatment and the curls conditioner.

So, is it feeling any 'Softer' at all??:perplexed

Brownie518

Still looking foine/fione (sp?) as ever :grin:. Seriously though we are in the friend stage. I'm hoping by summer he will be taking my hair pics :look:.

:yep: Go 'head, girl!!! :giggle:

So, I used up a jar of WDT (got one back up), some tubes of Schwarzkopf Smooth Express (have 23 more :blush:), Komaza Moku conditioner, and PM Super Skinny Treatment. I'm almost done with my Alter Ego Garlic, Claudie's Moisturizing conditioner, and SSI Green Tea Hibiscus so I'll be working on these this week and next. My No Buy starts on Saturday :spinning:

chebaby

So, is it feeling any 'Softer' at all??:perplexed
the more i touch it the less hard it feels but i wouldnt call it soft:lachen:. it feels really frizzy and dry but not half as dry as it was at first. it finally feels like a good deep conditioning will do the trick. at first it felt like i had a dry hair set back coming on. you know the kind people get when they do a hard core protein??? i imagine my hair felt like that at first.

i feel bad that i feel like going home and throwing away all my cd products. but i wont do that.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
i feel bad that i feel like going home and throwing away all my cd products. but i wont do that.

I know from past research, that R&M is pretty 'harsh':ohwell: Keep the CD products, just be careful with them:sad:

I used up Redken anti snap leave it, not much to brag:rolleyes: about but it's something.

That's Something LTown and puts you "One Less" are you repurchasing the Anti-Snap at some point?? Or have you found something you like better?:look:

Ltown

Greyland
I know from past research, that R&M is pretty 'harsh':ohwell: Keep the CD products, just be careful with them:sad:

That's Something LTown and puts you "One Less" are you repurchasing the Anti-Snap at some point?? Or have you found something you like better?:look:

No I won't because it cost $16 and I'm going to see how skala leave in work. I brought it for the ceramides benefits and you can't beat $1.

Day36

Charz and Brownie, is that the cruise that goes around the whole of manhattan (give or take)? I have been on that one. It's like 3hrs long, or something close to that. It was great. Only thing was that the sun was beating down on us, so it made me sleepy. I just took a nap and then woke up close to the time we were to get back to the pier. :giggle:

Charz

Sinister Minister
Charz and Brownie, is that the cruise that goes around the whole of manhattan (give or take)? I have been on that one. It's like 3hrs long, or something close to that. It was great. Only thing was that the sun was beating down on us, so it made me sleepy. I just took a nap and then woke up close to the time we were to get back to the pier. :giggle:

Girl I ain't got time for 3 hours lol, mine is 1 hour.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey Ladies.....Well, I didn't think I would, but I finished up that Jar of Joico.:blush: I guess I underestimated that one.

I just steamed for an hour. I have a Pedi at 6:30 this evening. I hate that it's so Late!:ohwell:

Will wear a plastic cap and scarve to appt., come home and finish & dry.

Should also use up a vial of ceramides and fermodyl.

Brownie & I are starting a Self-Imposed No-Buy Challenge May 1st - 31st.

So..............................:look::look: <<*that's Us, tryna' be "accountable"*

chebaby

ok my hair is all twisted up and im so glad i dont have to deal with it for a week. i deep conditioned for and hour with honey hemp and honey and then twisted with heavy cream and the soft hold gel. im almost finished this jar of heavy cream, i can see the bottom of the jar lol. i then pinned the twists up and put on a scarf. i dont plan on taking out the pins to moisturize, i just use a spray moisturizer.

and i got my afroveda hemp see lock twist and roll butter in the mial today. i just love love love the smell of that stuff. and she changed the texture. it seemed like before it was more butters than oils because it was very dense and doughy but now its and oily whipped butter. of course i took down a twist to retwist with this stuff like i always do lol and i love it. every time i turn my head i can smell it. i will be using it for my next set of twists.

im on a personal challenge to keep twists in for at least 2 months. and then maybe i'll be able to keep them in for the rest of the year if i dont get figety lol.

chebaby

No I won't because it cost $16 and I'm going to see how skala leave in work. I brought it for the ceramides benefits and you can't beat $1.
hey girl
i purchased the sallys gvp redken anti snap and my mom loves it. it was only like $5 so maybe you should try that one.
i also like the gvp paul mitchel the detangler.:lick:

natura87

I have my mini miscellaneous (sized) twists in and I hope to keep them in for a week. I have finals to study for and projects to work on so I am trying to keep my hair up and out of the way. I will moisturize, re-wet and spritz as needed.

Last edited:

Ltown

Greyland
hey girl
i purchased the sallys gvp redken anti snap and my mom loves it. it was only like $5 so maybe you should try that one.
i also like the gvp paul mitchel the detangler.:lick:

Oh I shu nuf will thank you! See how we work up in here still saving some $$$