Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronzebomb

I am trying to decide if I am going to purchase that KBB Hair Milk before the BF sale is over. I need to get everything I want before the New Year rolls in! I am going to try to stick to my No-Buy Challenge for 2011. (That's why my sister is not getting the Christmas present I promised...unused stuff from my stash):nono: I'm not even purchasing weave/wig! I was a wig/weave-a-holic before I BC'd.

My other challenge is to only wear my own hair in 2011 :yay: I think that's going to be my hardest challenge.

Who wants to join me on the No-Buy Challenge in 2011. I'm only going to purchase from Qhemet when she launches her 2 new products.

I think the Hair Dew smells like Kettle Corn.

bronzebomb

NY and Co- 50% off free shipping on everything
Ann Taylor- 40% off free shipping on everything
Ann Taylor Loft- 40% off free shipping on everything

Charz, I was going to mention Ann Taylor loft to you...however, I was thinking, she may be a little young and wanted a more trendy look (hence, Express)

I love the "Loft"

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
OKAY.................Now...........:look:

Who's Gonna to Volunteer to Manage the Self-Imposed No-Buy Mini-Challenge (inside this thread) Starting December 31st?

Any Volunteers? How long is it? Jan-June or Have we decided yet?

I talked to Red via pm, she's in but that Chile already askin' about 'passes'.......:rofl::rofl:

Charz

Sinister Minister
Dare I ask how much you guys have spent over the course of Black Friday and Cyber Monday - or is that too scary! :rofl:

Girl I've only bought clothes and....hahaha. I have not bought clothes for a while doe.

Charz, I was going to mention Ann Taylor loft to you...however, I was thinking, she may be a little young and wanted a more trendy look (hence, Express)

I love the "Loft"

I love Banana republic and the limited. So Ann Taylor is more trendy then Ann Taylor Loft? What is the difference?

bronzebomb

No, Ann Taylor/Loft is more traditional than Express, Banana Republic, The limited.

Although I am much older, there is a disticnt differene. Younger professional like a more trendy look.

Charz

Sinister Minister

Who's Gonna to Volunteer to Manage the Self-Imposed No-Buy Mini-Challenge (inside this thread) Starting December 31st?

I talked to Red via pm, she's in but that Chile already askin' about 'passes'.......:rofl::rofl:

I can manage it. I've been on a no-buy since August.

LushLox

I really want to be disciplined for the new year, but I need to buy a few things to get me through the period. I'd have to do a couple of bulk purchases before I could feel completely happy to do a no buy.

This is a scary thread though, you end up buying more than you save! :lachen:

Charz

Sinister Minister
Well I think the rules should involve 4 passes

That you can re-up on a predetermined list of 10 products that you pledge to at the beginning of the challenge.

You have to buy during sales with passes.

bronzebomb

LOL...4 passes??? Girl, all of us got stuff packed away in boxes, storage bins and under the bed.

:timer: The challenge is for the full year, right? T can send me some uf her stuff... :blush:

La Colocha

LOL...4 passes??? Girl, all of us got stuff packed away in boxes, storage bins and under the bed.

:timer: The challenge is for the full year, right? T can send me some uf her stuff... :blush:

You talkin crazy:look::lol:lol. I need to reup in april and fall. I don't have that many products.

curlyhersheygirl

I don't mind joining a "no buy" challenge but I need passes.
I usually reoder my staples during the various summer sales but other than that I should be good :look:.

bronzebomb

LOL...Charz, you are right! passes. but, I'm going to try not to use any passes. I really want to find my reggie and limit my spending. As Americans, we live in excess and spend way too much on frivilous stuff. I'm getting rid of everything extra in 2011 and I'm going to "travel light" into 2012.

The $15 or so I spend at someone's store, I can put that in the bank.

Minty

I will volunteer to headup the mini "no buy in ele'ben"

From Jan 1 - Jun 1 2011: You get 2 passes - they must be for sale/clearance items more than 25% and must include reduced (normal!) shipping charges - but optimum would be free shipping.

This also includes staple items! Staple items can not be replenished (unless as part of 2 TOTAL passes) - there are a plethora of items that could be used as semi-substitutes until the challenge is up. :lachen::lachen:

pictures must be taken of empty bottles. :lachen::lol::lol:

Last edited:

La Colocha

Ok hfg not including oils or my suave, shampoo all i have is

11/2 knot todays
ghee
tea tree pomade
heavy cream
bb moisturizer

This ain't gone work for me, i need to replenish.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
We Should Start "QUARTERLY" (Like we did with the U1 B1) and then take it from there

Hopefully, we can go a Full Year, but let's try to start off slow Quarterly.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well I think the rules should involve 4 passes

That you can re-up on a predetermined list of 10 products that you pledge to at the beginning of the challenge.

You have to buy during sales with passes.

Once We All Decide & Agree to the Parameters,You can Post them in Part 4:yep:

Day36

La, since you didnt get the hv, maybe use that money to get some more stuff now, so then you can be in a better position on Jan. 1?

LushLox

I will volunteer to headup the mini "no buy in ele'ben"

From Jan 1 - Jun 1 2011: You get 2 passes - they must be for sale/clearance items more than 25% and must include reduced (normal!) shipping charges - but optimum would be free shipping.

This also includes staple items! Staple items can not be replenished (unless as part of 2 TOTAL passes) - there are a plethora of items that could be used as semi-substitutes until the challenge is up. :lachen::lachen:

pictures must be taken of empty bottles.
:lachen::lol::lol:

I like this bit! :lol:

Ltown

Greyland
Charz, is project manager we better watch out for her. Obama is freezing Fed gov pay so I'll be on a budget because I got to get another car and save for dd college funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.