Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Okay....I just heard back from Barbara at As I Am Naturally with a very nice response to my ordering mishap.

The matter has been Handled.

2 Thumbs Up for Great Customer Relations and Prompt Feedback.:heart:

bronzebomb

I think I am content with Oyin Handmade. A coworker asked me this today "What's your favorite line!"

1. Oyin Handmade is an all-around brand for me. The hair products are above average.
2. AfroVeda for two strand twists - I'm afraid of the shelf life and the seperation. But my twists are banging!
3. Qhemet Biologics for Moisture but nothing else. This line is lacking a styling product.
4. Carol's Daughter gives me shine, moisture and style. It also elongates my twist. I can't not stand the smell of Healthy Hair Butter.
5. Karen's Body Beautiful - smell/scent only!

TBD:
Koils By Nature
Bee Mine - I love the shampoo bars
HairVeda - Green Tea Hair butter is my favorite. I love the Sitrinillah

Store Purchases:
I can't live with out my Sta Sof Fro!

Last edited:

bronzebomb

T- By the end of the 2011 I'm going to have my staples down.

I can't guarantee that I will still live in Baltimore. So right now, Oyin is convenient. I have to determine if this is the line that I'm willing to pay for shipping if I lived elsewhere.

I love Qhemet, I just need a little bit more hold and an underdryer/steamer conditioner.

After reading the Oyin Hair Dew label, its similar KimmayTube leave in. (I hope she wasn't trying to bottle and sell it, cuz Oyin beat her to it)

chebaby

I think I am content with Oyin Handmade. A coworker asked me this today "What's your favorite line!"

1. Oyin Handmade is an all-around brand for me. The hair products are above average.
2. AfroVeda for two strand twists - I'm afraid of the shelf life and the seperation. But my twists are banging!
3. Qhemet Biologics for Moisture but nothing else. This line is lacking a styling product.
4. Carol's Daughter gives me shine, moisture and style. It also elongates my twist. I can't not stand the smell of Healthy Hair Butter.
5. Karen's Body Beautiful - smell/scent only!

TBD:
Koils By Nature
Bee Mine - I love the shampoo bars
HairVeda - Green Tea Hair butter is my favorite. I love the Sitrinillah

Store Purchases:
I can't live with out my Sta Sof Fro!
you just reminded me about oyin. i think they would be my first choice for my 1 and only line. giovanni only because i love the protein and leave in.
bee mine is good too but not the whole line for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
After reading the Oyin Hair Dew label, its similar KimmayTube leave in. (I hope she wasn't trying to bottle and sell it, cuz Oyin beat her to it)

WOW!:blush: That's too bad.:ohwell:

I've never looked at her Leave-In, although it seems to be a Huge Hit!:grin:

I ain't makin' nothin':nono:

So, wasn't no sense it me lookin' at it:lol:

LushLox

@CreamTee

I'm going to the UK in June to see my favorite band System of a Down (they got back together to play some select dates) I'm flying into the East Midlands Airport. Do you have any advice? I've been before but to London. Thanks.

Oooh Charz that sounds nice, how long will you be here for?

East Midlands, so like the Birmingham area? Where will you be staying? I don't know much about that area but I have a few friends who do, so I'll find out the best places to go/see etc. I'm sure you know already though, it is VERY expensive over here!

ETA: I suppose while you're here though you can always order some Anita Grant if you like her stuff! :grin:

chebaby

kimmay leave in is kckt mixed with oils and i think aloe gel. thats why im always like :perplexed when people say kimmay leave in. she could bottle it but i dont know what kc gonna say:giggle:

LushLox

You and me both. :look: I'm sure Kimmay is working on bottling and selling that leave in though...

La Colocha

@ Robot what a doll,

@ Charz kiss serj for me if you can get to him

@ Bronze do you know how long the koils by nature butters last? She is having a sale today and i may want to try one. I read on nc that some people were having problems with the gel spoiling but the butters seem good.

Hey everybody, i talked to dh about my products and he said if i want them get them. I didn't get to buy anything so treat myself and don't look at the cost. Its hard for me to do that now. Just let go and buy something but he is right, no harm every now and then. So i ordered oyins honey bee doo doo drops and hairveda gt butter and almond glaze, the whipped cream was sold out but that's ok. I didn't have to email her because they were still available. Now im looking at 1 more thing then i will be satisfied.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
kimmay leave in is kckt mixed with oils and i think aloe gel. thats why im always like :perplexed when people say kimmay leave in. she could bottle it but i dont know what kc gonna say:giggle:

That's what I'm thinkin' Che.:nono: That's why it never interest me:yawn:

You and me both. :look: I'm sure Kimmay is working on bottling and selling that leave in though...

Uh??? Talmbout a Base.:look:

That's Using KCKT as a Base:blush:

Who would buy that from her when folx can make their own?:lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey everybody, i talked to dh about my products and he said if i want them get them. I didn't get to buy anything so treat myself and don't look at the cost. Its hard for me to do that now. Just let go and buy something but he is right, no harm every now and then. So i ordered oyins honey bee doo doo drops and hairveda gt butter and almond glaze, the whipped cream was sold out but that's ok. I didn't have to email her because they were still available. Now im looking at 1 more thing then i will be satisfied.

Shooot......Does the Brother Franklin 2 Times. :lol:

I'll Order them For You!:lachen:

Tell Him We Just Gave Him MAD COOL POINTS:kisses:

bronzebomb

I just purchased Koils by Nature last month, I have the butter and a few gels. I do not know the shelf life, but I'm not purchasing anything else. I need stable products and I'm upset that these mom and pop shops are not adding a preservative.

As for the Kimmay Leave in...I think it works for most. I never thought she would use the Knot Today for her own base. (It was just a passing thought that she was making her own leave-in to sell) But IF she were...Oyin beat her to it!

I'm not making anything either...That's why I like the Bear Fruit Leave in...I think she used Palm Kernal Oil and Castor oil (Cherry Bark Banana leave in) Cherry Bark Banana Creme Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner - Bear Fruit Hair it worked the same!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

JJamiah

Hello Ladies,

The year is almost ending and I can say I feel so Reformed. I think having to come one and put down what I bought made me feel a little kinda aware of what I was doing.

I have bought alot of lace fronts this year and enjoy wearing them. :)
My products purchase are nearly non-existant :)

So next year intervention shouldn't be needed. It has been a nice run with you ladies :)

La Colocha

I just purchased Koils by Nature last month, I have the butter and a few gels. I do not know the shelf life, but I'm not purchasing anything else. I need stable products and I'm upset that these mom and pop shops are not adding a preservative.

As for the Kimmay Leave in...I think it works for most. I never thought she would use the Knot Today for her own base. (It was just a passing thought that she was making her own leave-in to sell) But IF she were...Oyin beat her to it!

I'm not making anything either...That's why I like the Bear Fruit Leave in...I think she used Palm Kernal Oil and Castor oil (Cherry Bark Banana leave in) Cherry Bark Banana Creme Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner - Bear Fruit Hair it worked the same!

Thanks bb, if she doesn't have water or liquid like aloe vera in her butters they should last a long time, just keep them clean and don't get water in them. I need to go look. I think she has 15% off with free shipping over $15.

chebaby

i kind of want to build my own super duper deep conditioner from bfh but its pricey as heck.

La Colocha

Well im done until christmas or ny but i may not get my stuff until then so this might be it period, we'll see. I got koils by nature mango hair and body butter and heavenly bliss hair and body butter. I like that i was able to get small jars because i use my products slow and free shipping is nice. And there is no water in them so i can take my time.

LushLox

That's what I'm thinkin' Che.:nono: That's why it never interest me:yawn:

Uh??? Talmbout a Base.:look:

That's Using KCKT as a Base:blush:

Who would buy that from her when folx can make their own?:lol:

True I suppose it wasn't the wisest move to broadcast the recipe, but then you get some folks *cough* who don't want to make nuthin! :lol:

Charz

Sinister Minister
Oooh Charz that sounds nice, how long will you be here for?

East Midlands, so like the Birmingham area? Where will you be staying? I don't know much about that area but I have a few friends who do, so I'll find out the best places to go/see etc. I'm sure you know already though, it is VERY expensive over here!

ETA: I suppose while you're here though you can always order some Anita Grant if you like her stuff! :grin:

Well the download festival thingie is from June 6th-13th. I think I may be roughing it out on the camp ground. The whole package is 180 pounds. I think its like 2 miles away from the airport. I wanna go to the Netherlands too.

@ Robot what a doll,

@ Charz kiss serj for me if you can get to him

I will abduct him and make him sing to me every night. But who I really wanna talk to is Daron, he's the musical genius/writer.

Last edited:

chebaby

last night i put my hair in a some medium twists and they are still soft, however not as soft as i thought they would be. the butter i used has a lot of oil in it and i used a ton of it because i did my twists on dry hair but my hair sucked up all that oil and im surprised. with as much of the butter as i used i didnt think i would need to moisturize my hair until the end of the week but i see that aint happening.

fattyfatfat

I just received my curlmart package! I purchased whipped pudding from oyin (Im sooooooo in LOVE) with the smell and their honey wash.

Ltown

Greyland
I look at the butter and bars and in the cart it was $20.99, $7.95 for shipping 20% off $4.20 =$24.94:nono: I need better deal!

rosalindb

@beautyaddict1913

Re ingredients such as Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, you can always check out Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Reviews. Here are links on Diazolidinyl Urea and Iodopropynyl butylcarbamate

Thanks bb, if she doesn't have water or liquid like aloe vera in her butters they should last a long time, just keep them clean and don't get water in them. I need to go look. I think she has 15% off with free shipping over $15.

I agree - also watch out for ingredients such as coconut milk, banana etc MHC :look:

@CreamTee

I'm going to the UK in June to see my favorite band System of a Down (they got back together to play some select dates) I'm flying into the East Midlands Airport. Do you have any advice? I've been before but to London. Thanks.

I have a cousin who lives around there, I will e-mail him to see if he can give any advice. How many people are you travelling with?

Last edited:

fattyfatfat

photo-5.JPG

Im going to post a pic here and ladies, please reply. I just received and opened my whipped pudding from oyin. It looks like some of it is missing...I didnt receive a full jar (according to my eyes). please reply and let me know!

ETA: the pic is attached

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Im going to post a pic here and ladies, please reply. I just received and opened my whipped pudding from oyin. It looks like some of it is missing...I didnt receive a full jar (according to my eyes). please reply and let me know!

Dang Fatty:nono: That's gone be hard for me w/o seeing a Full Sized Jar next to it, because I've never had this product.

Maybe somebody that has, can chime in and let you know.:nono:

I would still e-mail Curlmart right now and tell them regardless:yep:

Last edited: