Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

Eisani

@Eisani Yay! Glad you got your order fast and that you like the Dew. It's my fave Oyin smell. The Burnt Sugar Pomade smells just like it too, I use that most when I straighten.
I'm so terrible, I bought some pomade, used it once and lost it :ohwell:
I never met a lurker, but I myself lurk a couple of months to see what this forum was about. It was my first online forum so some folks are cautions because you don't know anything about online forums. Just like facebook my second forum, I was out of there fast too many folks trying to find me or in my business and I'm still that way. I can't show my face or use my name because you don't know who watching and maybe you don't want anyone to know you are hooked to hair:lachen: or anything else. The first forum I was on was healthy texture and it was free then they wanted to charge $10, so heck no here I am almost 3 years later to the best forum for $6.50.
Yea, I lurked until I read that there was an exchange forum only available to subscribers :lol: I don't care about lurkers (unless there's something I want and it's sold out), I just don't know how to respond to them!

chebaby

so excited. i was going to go to target and get some hello hydration and totally twisted conditioner to use as a leave in/styler for braid outs and wash and goes in the summer. well i found a bottle of each on my product shelf. im sure they are 1-2 years old but they arent natural so im not worried. im sure the store keeps it for that long lol.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I finished my NJ coco meringue. I will repurchase another one at some point.

Ltown
What eo's do you have that you're trying to give up?

beautyaddict1913

Good morning ladies! My Oyin came yesterday! I dashed to the shower and used it immediately upon arrival lol! I co-washed with the honey hemp and ran a little dew threw my hair and then a little shine and define and slicked my edges with some bsp and threw on a scarf while I got dressed....when SO and I were ready for bed I put a little qhem brbc on and twisted my hair in 4 HUGE twists on each side...I wanted to co-wash and wet bun this morning but its 44 degrees out, even though it will be in the 70s by noon! Gotta love Houston right? lol But I LOVE my Oyin products....after just one time of use lol...don't yall just love people like that lol! But I am satisfied, if the weather remains more consistent I would like to wet bun for the remainder of the month...we shall see! I have to be at work for 10am so I am going to wear a bun again today! Have a great day ladies!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
beautyaddict1913
I know if I love or hate a product after 1 use too :yep:. My hair or "ShayShay" let's me know with the quickness. She's like me. The first time I meet you I know right away if I like you or not.

rosalindb

Slighly off topic, saw this thread Purchasing from Japan

I had visions of everyone panic buying :look:, so I stocked up on my Camellia Kissi oil. I only use it on my face during the cooler months (I use papaya oil during the warmer months) These two oils have been my staple facial oils for a few years now :lick:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Shay, I'm at work now but I know off hand:

thyme
cedarwood
grapefruit
spreadmint
What are each specific oil good for? See they think us pj's want any and everything. I don't like anything I don't have use for. Waste of time & space. TIA.

Ltown

Greyland
What are each specific oil good for? See they think us pj's want any and everything. I don't like anything I don't have use for. Waste of time & space. TIA.

I know that me, I used them forr leave-in spritz, pomades, and tea rinses. EO last a long time and I'm not making anything much anymore after my scalp burn the h@#@ with eo and anything that say stimulations:nono:

chebaby

my second day hair is beautiful. when i first took down my pineapple i was like oh no. but after i shook my hair around it looks better than yesterday. i may be able to get one more day out of it before i have to bun the rest of the week. i didnt use any holding product, i mean i used shine a define but just a drop of it.
sunday i will use a glob of HH as a leave in, dew as a moisturizer and more s&d for a little hold.

so whats up ladies?

i was going through my product dump site lol. thats the shelf i stick products i dont plan on using for a while or where i put products for my mom to use. my mom is relaxed so i have some joico out there for her, some paul mitchell and some dominican conditioner called uans.
but i found some shescentit fortifying conditioner, tea tree and grapefruit conditioner and olive and orange conditioner. i also found a full jar of carols daughter black vanill deep conditioner smoothie.
and do you know i also found 3 bottle of HE long term relationship conditioners and 2 hello hydration conditioners.
i also found a almost empty bottle of elucense conditioner.

Brownie518

my second day hair is beautiful. when i first took down my pineapple i was like oh no. but after i shook my hair around it looks better than yesterday. i may be able to get one more day out of it before i have to bun the rest of the week. i didnt use any holding product, i mean i used shine a define but just a drop of it.
sunday i will use a glob of HH as a leave in, dew as a moisturizer and more s&d for a little hold.

so whats up ladies?

i was going through my product dump site lol. thats the shelf i stick products i dont plan on using for a while or where i put products for my mom to use. my mom is relaxed so i have some joico out there for her, some paul mitchell and some dominican conditioner called uans.
but i found some shescentit fortifying conditioner, tea tree and grapefruit conditioner and olive and orange conditioner. i also found a full jar of carols daughter black vanill deep conditioner smoothie.
and do you know i also found 3 bottle of HE long term relationship conditioners and 2 hello hydration conditioners.
i also found a almost empty bottle of elucense conditioner.

Wow, you 'found' a lot at the dump! Sometimes I really miss my Hello Hydration! :lick:

Hey, how long do you guys think I can go without buying any conditioner??? :look:

La Colocha

Hey ladies, got my sage today and i am really impressed, not only with the fast shipping but the care that was took to package my products. They were wrapped individually with tissue paper and i also got samples and a natural ingredients dictionary booklet. Love it. I will continue to order from sage.

chebaby

Wow, you 'found' a lot at the dump! Sometimes I really miss my Hello Hydration! :lick:

Hey, how long do you guys think I can go without buying any conditioner??? :look:
i think i originally put them there so my mom could pre poo with them but she only did that for like a month lmao. so they just been sitting there.

do you have more conditioner than anything else?
i have more moisturizers than anything else which is funny because i really dont need any of them:ohwell:

i cant wait to start using my donna marie super buttercream. the smell and texture:lick: its a very oily butter(at least mine is, very oily) and i LOVE that. i dont mind a tiny bit of greasiness on my hair.

Brownie518

Hey ladies, got my sage today and i am really impressed, not only with the fast shipping but the care that was took to package my products. They were wrapped individually with tissue paper and i also got samples and a natural ingredients dictionary booklet. Love it. I will continue to order from sage.

Hey, girl!! :grin:

Glad you're happy with your sage experience. :yep: That was really quick!

La Colocha

Hey, girl!! :grin:

Glad you're happy with your sage experience. :yep: That was really quick!

Very quick, the only place i get samples from are curlmart and that is only sometimes. Going to try out the beemine juicy spritz today to see how i like it. Sage is going to be my go to place as long as they keep it up.

Brownie518

i think i originally put them there so my mom could pre poo with them but she only did that for like a month lmao. so they just been sitting there.

do you have more conditioner than anything else?
i have more moisturizers than anything else which is funny because i really dont need any of them:ohwell:

I have conditioners blowing out my a$$ right about now. :nono: Seriously. I can't hitch a breath without bumpin into one. I'm not going to get anything from Hairveda, I decided. (unless the Methi is like half off :look:). I can sail into June without buying a conditioner (or anything else, for that matter). I think the only thing I will run out of in that time will be my Redken AntiSnap. I don't have backups for that one.

chebaby

I have conditioners blowing out my a$$ right about now. :nono: Seriously. I can't hitch a breath without bumpin into one. I'm not going to get anything from Hairveda, I decided. (unless the Methi is like half off :look:). I can sail into June without buying a conditioner (or anything else, for that matter). I think the only thing I will run out of in that time will be my Redken AntiSnap. I don't have backups for that one.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I love how I can stretch 1 bottle of KCKT into 2 by adding stuff to it. I added some Aloe Vera Juice to a half bottle of KCKT to make it a full bottle. It's still thick as heck and very slippery. I used it yesterday as a leave-in. I did a braid-out using KCKT and a dab of KCCC before braiding each braid. This morning after taking out the braids I smoothed on just plain ol' shea butter (no mixture, just straight up shea butter) and my hair is so soft.

Ltown

Greyland

Well Brownie, you have the rest of this week HV sale on Fri and 2 more weeks in this month before the new no buy April, right aren't you and T doing that? So sorry but too much time left! There is always sale on HE, so I would take advantage of HV if that is your favorite. I'm going to back off of some of the oils and still to the ones that absorb, now I need to find a way to cook with all these oils. I'll keep salflower and grapeseed. Heck I should of thought of this earlier and could have send you some walnuts:rolleyes: before you brought any. Anyone else want to try?

Shay I brought those oils for some darn hair growth recipe I got from here. I'm going to post on the exchange, not really trying to profit but someone can benefit and I can clean out.

La Colocha

I am too through, i went looking for my rusk shampoo and come to find out they had changed the formula and added sulphates to it. Don't you know i got the last sulphate free shampoo any where around here. The only bottle, it even has suphates on their site. *cries softly*.

rosalindb

Thyme and Cedarwood are highly regarded in hair care.

This article states "Alopecia Areata has been treated specifically with a combination of Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender and Cedar (wood) essential oils in Jojoba and Grapeseed carriers. Each essential oil was effective at approximately one-quarter of one percent concentration"

I like this website http://www.essentialoils.co.za as it gives you alot of information re essential oils and their properties. It states that Grapefruit is used to promote hair growth

I also use Grapefruit essential oil in my oil burner. The scent is very uplifting and refreshing :yep:

rosalindb

I am too through, i went looking for my rusk shampoo and come to find out they had changed the formula and added sulphates to it. Don't you know i got the last sulphate free shampoo any where around here. The only bottle, it even has suphates on their site. *cries softly*.
So many people are avoiding sulphates now, not a good move on their part.

Ltown

Greyland
Thyme and Cedarwood are highly regarded in hair care.

This article states "Alopecia Areata has been treated specifically with a combination of Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender and Cedar (wood) essential oils in Jojoba and Grapeseed carriers. Each essential oil was effective at approximately one-quarter of one percent concentration"

I like this website http://www.essentialoils.co.za as it gives you alot of information re essential oils and their properties. It states that Grapefruit is used to promote hair growth

I also use Grapefruit essential oil in my oil burner. The scent is very uplifting and refreshing :yep:

Rosa after my severe scalp breakout I'm scared STRAIGHT, never ever had this so no eo on my scalp.