Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

LushLox

I would love to be able to use one line exclusively (natural products preferable) with products that are designed to work effectively with each other.

Has ANYone achieved this?

My problem is I get bored, I need some variety!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I would love to be able to use one line exclusively (natural products preferable) with products that are designed to work effectively with each other.

Has ANYone achieved this?

My problem is I get bored, I need some variety!

Girl, I have not.:nono: I Fall Head Over Heels with "Stuff" from a Variety of Lines.

Here are some of the ones I've tried (In No Particular Order). And I like stuff from of each of them.

Darcy's
MyHoneyChild
Christine Gant
SheScentIt
Hairveda
KomazaHairCare
Jasmines Bath and Beauty
Curl Junkie
Oyin Handmade
Afroveda
Claudie Revitalizer
Njoi CreationS

And Hopefully, some of the newer ones I have not tried yet

As I Am Naturally
Bear Fruit Hair
ButtersnBars Hair Masque & Hair Butter

Minty

I give up on finding a natural line that does everything for me. I'm okay with it, I gave myself until the end of the year - I did that.

** CT- I also only tried a few lines so take what I said with a grain of salt. But I think our hair types are very similar.

The only thing I really like is ayuvedic powders, but I don't have time to go all out with it.

Last edited:

LushLox

I give up on finding a natural line that does everything for me. I'm okay with it, I gave myself until the end of the year - I did that.

** CT- I also only tried a few lines so take what I said with a grain of salt. But I think our hair types are very similar.

The only thing I really like is ayuvedic powders, but I don't have time to go all out with it.

Yes we seem to like the same type of products (especially Kerastase :grin:). I remember when I first started my HHJ I bought so many bags of Amla, Shikakai and others. I must have kept that up for about a couple of weeks then I gave up! It's a shame because I like how my hair felt when I used them.

bronzebomb

T - When are you trying the Bear Fruit Hair? I still can't believe you placed 4 orders. I see she took down the $7 deals.

Girl, I'm trying ot make these twists last but I'm so ready to take them out and start playing with my hair. I have everything for 4B hair!!!!

I think I am going to get the KBB Milk in Chammomile Sage and Pomegranate Guava. That should last a year, right?

EllePixie

@Cream Tee, the only line I can use from cleansing to finishing is Curl Junkie, but I love products too much - I need variety!

bronzebomb

I have decided not to purchase from KBB. I may use one of my "passes" for the hair Milk or just purchase the Chamommile Sage oil. A member said that the scent is really Cantaloupe & Lily @ Product Categories

5th? Girl, when I grow up, I want to be a Diva Junkie like you!

I'm contacting A&E right now to schedule your Intervention.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have decided not to purchase from KBB. I may use one of my "passes" for the hair Milk or just purchase the Chamommile Sage oil. A member said that the scent is really Cantaloupe & Lily @ Product Categories

5th? Girl, when I grow up, I want to be a Diva Junkie like you!

I'm contacting A&E right now to schedule your Intervention.

We're So Not Starting until December 31st!:look:

*at least i'm not*:blush:

Minty

CT Nothing has brought my hair right back after a henna treatment like Kerastase Nurtridefense. I used it last night with my steamer. I brushed it on like color - today my hair is ridiculously soft and smooth.

Ltown

Greyland
New thread! I'm not going to lie and say I will try to stay with one line because it always something new which is obvious if you see what T likes:lol:

So what this challenge of no buy, NOT ME maybe buy less :grin:

mkd

New thread! I'm not going to lie and say I will try to stay with one line because it always something new which is obvious if you see what T likes:lol:

Yeah, I am with you Ltown, I am not going to do a no buy either.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

Yeah, I am with you Ltown, I am not going to do a no buy either.

Hmmmm? Gimme some reasons Ladies.....:look:

Maybe "I" Should do a Buy Less too...

mkd

Hmmmm? Gimme some reasons Ladies.....:look:

Maybe "I" Should do a Buy Less too...
T, for me, I just don't want to be restricted. I have definately made a conscious effort to buy less anyway this year. My husband started his own practice this year and that really made me evaluate spending in a lot of areas in my life. Next year, my son my be starting private school for kindergarten and I know that will me that I will evaluate spending even more.

Maybe you can start with a buy less and wean yourself off. Do you really want to stop cold turkey?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
T, for me, I just don't want to be restricted. I have definately made a conscious effort to buy less anyway this year. My husband started his own practice this year and that really made me evaluate spending in a lot of areas in my life. Next year, my son my be starting private school for kindergarten and I know that will me that I will evaluate spending even more.

Maybe you can start with a buy less and wean yourself off. Do you really want to stop cold turkey?

mk: You have done really well this year.:grin: For the most part you've been extremely disciplined.

I will think about it 'more' as we approach December 31st and evaluate my options. 'Tis the Season to spend like a Mad Woman.:lol:

I guess I buy HARD in spurts like these.:look:

Ltown

Greyland
We need to get mod to close the other thread so we don't get confuse or other won't post there.

T, you need to not buy quantity of items, 2-4 bottles or jars because of sell. So you definately won't last on a no buy remember that one in Oct? Buy less for you sweetie! Although I've benefit from you buying several, you need to slow it dow boo!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Okay. I Looked at BFH's DC'ers. I think I will use these for Co-Washing.

IMO-- They're not "Thick Enough" To Steam/DC with, but they look like they'll make Great Co-Washers. Not nearly as thick as Ori Golden or Claudie Deep Moisturizing (which I also use for Great Co-Washing).

I'm thinking about using the Olive Drench tomorrow to Co-Wash with.

OT: Right Now On Judge Joe Brown they somebody is suing over BKT:lol:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
T, you need to not buy quantity of items, 2-4 bottles or jars because of sell. So you definately won't last on a no buy remember that one in Oct? Buy less for you sweetie! Although I've benefit from you buying several, you need to slow it dow boo!

Thanks L!:lol:

mk Already Gave me a BIG REALITY CHECK!:lol: :blush:

EllePixie

My Jessicurl stuff just got here today - I ordered during Grey Friday on CurlMart. DC'ing with the weekly treatment right now (shower cap, no dryer/steamer), and will style with the Confident Coils.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
My Jessicurl stuff just got here today - I ordered during Grey Friday on CurlMart. DC'ing with the weekly treatment right now (shower cap, no dryer/steamer), and will style with the Confident Coils.

WOW! That was Fast Elle.:blush:

Didn't you say CM is Local to where you are?:ohwell:

I love WDT. :lick:

Now see, that's my idea of a DC'er. It's nice & super thick.:lick:

EllePixie

WOW! That was Fast Elle.:blush:

Didn't you say CM is Local to where you are?:ohwell:

I love WDT. :lick:

Now see, that's my idea of a DC'er. It's nice & super thick.:lick:

Fast? :nono: I am actually mad at them - I placed this order on the 19th! I live in SoCal but I think it took a little longer b/c of the holiday last week and UPS was closed. I've never tried their DC - I was influenced by Charz, lol!