Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Beamodel

@Beamodel I did blow dry it but I used the tension method. I didn't even bother taking a picture of that mess. In August I flat ironed as well , but my hair poofed up even as I was ironing. This pic was taken after I was done in August. At that time I did use the blow dry attachment and less product.

It looks good to me @flyygirlll2

I'm jelly, all that darn hair. I wish my was as dense. Mines is see through

Beamodel

@Beamodel @flyygirlll2

If I start using blow dry crèmes, serums etc... on the regular I will have to clarify, because of the 'cones'.

I know that Joico Silk Results had several cones. And so do the other blow dry/smoothing crèmes I currently have.

Yes, and I hate cones too but I don't think k there is any other way around them and a heat protectant.

I have APB Blow dry cream which does not have any comes in it. I might try it on my next blow out/silk press.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@IDareT'sHair I have a love/hate relationship with cones, but as @Beamodel said they're typically found in many heat protectants since it coats the hair as a barrier against heat.

I've been looking into getting the APB blow dry cream too @Beamodel. Maybe for BF I may buy it. I have soooooo many heat protectants already though. So much so, you would think I flat iron 24/7 365 lol

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I have a love/hate relationship with cones, but as said they're typically found in many heat protectants since it coats the hair as a barrier against heat.

I've been looking into getting the APB blow dry cream too Maybe for BF I may but it. I have soooooo many heat protectants already though. So much so, you would think I flat iron 24/7 365 lol

@flyygirlll2

Yeah. I know. :ohwell:

Maybe on the weeks I decide to Blow-fry, I'll pull out my little stash of Garnier Fructis and use that, since it is also full of cones!

And just be a Cone-Head on the weeks I Blow-Dry.:laugh:

That is 1 thing I can't say that I have is a lot of.... Heat-Protectants.

Finally, there is something I don't have 50-11 of.:eek:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@IDareT'sHair LOL @cone head. I think that's a good plan to just use them on the weeks you decide to blow dry. I told myself I was going to go on a mini no heat challenge after last month's flat iron fail.

My birthday is next month and I think I might just do a flexi rod set instead.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@IDareT'sHair Sounds like a good plan. I've used heat a lot this year. I've avoided heat damage by making sure my hair was very well conditioned before applying heat; keeping the heat on a moderate temperature, using a good heat protectant, and doing protein treatments.

My hair is resistant though, so I've decided not to beat it into submission if you will with too much heat. I keep the temp on 365-370 degrees at this point. A month ago, Don'tSpeakdefeat who's a member here and was trained by Reneice showed how she washed and flat ironed a client's hair on Periscope ( it's from Twitter I believe, and you can follow people who post live videos).

The client's hair was natural and her hair came out so sleek and lush. I asked her for tips on what temp to use for my hair since it's coarse and never gets sleek. She said I can do 410 at least and to go light on products.

Sorry this was a long arse post lol.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Golden75 @flyygirlll2

I just came out of Hattache making a mock BF Cart.:look: A lot of the stuff I wanted was OOS.

I hope they get restocked well before BF.

I wanted to compare getting stuff from Hattache as oppose to getting it from individual vendors and paying all that individual shipping.

Honestly, (and we're keeping it 100 here) I don't need a thang.:laugh:

Wonder if I'll get any QB from Sephora? QB still sells stuff on their site don't they?:ohwell:

Ltown

Greyland
Hello ladies! Nothing new with me trying not to buy products so I guess coming in here is not good. :lachen: I'm a PJ so nothing going to stop that I'm just not buying much. @IDareT'sHair you got to have a beauty supply store by now you keep stuff for years, anyone that still has Jasmine products. :look:. That Chi Mist is like aphogee green tea think I gift that to you but I think it's a stronger leave in for relax hair. I've been looking for Shea moisture deep shampoo for the scale but can't find it on the ground but ORS aloe clarifying shampoo made my scalp feel good so I'm not going to ban wagoner on exfoliation stuff mine feels good. I'm fighting the gray hairs, which I could use henna:( for those that don't know I had bad reaction to indigo loss lots of hair so I'm staying far away.