Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
@IDareT'sHair @divachyk
I'm 24 months post now...well 25 months in another week or so.

My transition really hasn't been too bad. I do have a wee bit of scab hair (like some sections when I twist them have smooth, natural hair then a 1/2-1" of weird/textured/frizzy/puffy hair that's always unhappy then smooth, relaxed hair; it's weird but I'm not concerned) but otherwise it's been mostly OK. No major moments where I was like I can't do this anymore. I'm mostly just coasting along. Haven't done any direct heat beyond tension blow drying on cool/low/medium.
I KISS - wash, twist it up or TBD/curlformers or just smooth it all back into a bun and that's it.

Last edited:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Yall my stash is ridiculous. I really don't need to be participating in Blk Friday next year...well at least not get anymore buttas. I added my soon to be received inventory to the stash list and asked myself what do I need with 16 buttas and 11 oils?! :lol:

I'mma have to join that monthly use up challenge again.

@Froreal3, likewise but who am I fooling. I'm so strong until BF roll around. I get so weak.

Thanks Hun. I took it as a sign. It's too late. I've spent my money on retail items, like Michael Kors, smh

@Beamodel, Michael Kors, Coach and many others got my money as well. *shameful*

divachyk

@divachyk

Guess what???:eek:

I pulled out my last 8oz Hairitage Hydrations "Sprout" and I have x1 8oz Jar of Joe left.:look:

Will pull this out soon as well.

When you posted that Brown Butter Beauty Mixed Greens, it reminded me I still have Sprout and Jar of Joe.:lick:

@IDareT'sHair, I tilt my 40 to Jar of Joe & Sprout. Those were bomb dot com! I wish she'd offer up her recipe for Jar of Joe. Now that's one product I would definitely try to make.

divachyk

@IDareT'sHair @divachyk
I'm 24 months post now...well 25 months in another week or so.

My transition really hasn't been too bad. I do have a wee bit of scab hair (like some sections when I twist them have smooth, natural hair then a 1/2-1" of weird/textured/frizzy/puffy hair that's always unhappy then smooth, relaxed hair; it's weird but I'm not concerned) but otherwise it's been mostly OK. No major moments where I was like I can't do this anymore. I'm mostly just coasting along. Haven't done any direct heat beyond tension blow drying on cool/low/medium.
I KISS - wash, twist it up or TBD/curlformers or just smooth it all back into a bun and that's it.

@rileypak 24 months is amazing! I had major issues once or twice and that was because I was trying to deviate from what worked - wigs. Wearing my hair out is just not it. In the times when I've attempted, it goes way left. So now, I don't even try unless I'm wearing a bun. Braidouts are out the question - my hair gets way too dry.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
@rileypak 24 months is amazing! I had major issues once or twice and that was because I was trying to deviate from what worked - wigs. Wearing my hair out is just not it. In the times when I've attempted, it goes way left. So now, I don't even try unless I'm wearing a bun. Braidouts are out the question - my hair gets way too dry.

@divachyk thanks!!!
Oh yeah there's no out nothing over here except for curlformers and even then it's only for a day or two.
I stay bunned up whether it's my twists or just all of it smoothed back. Just bought my first half wig though so I may become a little wig head whenever it decides to get cold around my neck of the woods.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@divachyk LOL. Well I actually am looking into getting a cute full cap wig to get me through this winter. At the moment I realize I don't care for half wigs. My issue is finding one that is not "wiggy" looking.

I was telling someone that I want a cute wig to give myself a break, so that wig needs to be on point. I don't want to walk around with a head full of struggle looking tragic:hair:

divachyk

@flyygirlll2 I always take dh to help me choose. I know he won't let me be out there in them skreets looking like a chicken head. But, I now have an eye for what works even if he wasn't there but I always want him there for that extra set of eyes. Half wigs are a no because my texture doesn't blend at this point. Full caps are awesome. Lace (if you choose the right lace) is even better. Short wigs is where it's at for me. That's my comfort and they look great on me. Longer wigs just look well, like a wig. Yeah sure, my hair is long and it resembles my length but they just don't look as natural as a short wig. Most think I've cut my hair, even still, after all this time.

Eisani

Thanks for the well wishes, ladies! I ended up abandoning my Hattache cart because I couldn't check out, but I'll give them another try in a few hours.

I'm not even sure why I'm still awake, but I'm about to do some shopping. Hopefully it'll put me to sleep :lol:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I 'think' this is my list:nono::
AveYou:
x2 DB Eucalyptus & Mint Scalp Butters
x1 CJ Argan & Olive Conditioner

Beautifully Bamboo:
x2 Bottles

Hairveda:
x4 Whipped Clouds (its been renamed tho' Whipped Moisture something?)

My Loux:
x3 Bel Nouvo Sweet Potato Souffle
x2 Bel Nouvo Red Velvet

Siamese Twists:
x1 16oz Sweet Potatoe Hair Crème
x1 8oz Pomegranate & Black Seed Crème (Raspberry)

Hattache:
x1 Naturalista Juicy Yum-Yum
x1 Bee Mine Luscious Butter

BoBeam:
x1 Limited Edition DC'er

Obia Naturals:
x1 Babbasu DC'er

Purabody Naturals:
x2 Mango Tea Scalp Butters *waiting on invoice*

Oyin Handmade:
x2 8oz Honey Hemp

Qhemet Biologics:
x1 Coco Tree Detangling Ghee

bekura:
x1 Tapioca

*Miscellaneous Random Oils*
x1 16oz ED JBCO
x1 16oz Pure Rice Brand Oil
x1 4oz Sweet Almond
x1 4oz Avocado Oil
x1 4oz Strong Roots Red Pimento

Added Cyber Monday:

Soultanicals:
x2 Curl Cremes

Beautifully Bamboo
x1 Bottle Beautifully Bamboo

Brushlove. Com
x1 Pink Felicia Leatherwood Detangling Brush

Last edited:

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
@IDareT'sHair I'm glad you were able to place an order. I'm officially done purchasing now for BF and CM. I stopped by Ulta today and bought Shea Moisture Manuka Honey DC and one of their new products called Rehydrating Cocktail Mix which happens to be some type of customizable treatment. I also bought the Felicia Featherwood Detangler brush and a wig from Hairsisters.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I'm glad you were able to place an order. I'm officially done purchasing now for BF and CM. I stopped by Ulta today and bought Shea Moisture Manuka Honey DC and one of their new products called Rehydrating Cocktail Mix which happens to be some type of customizable treatment. I also bought the Felicia Featherwood Detangler brush and a wig from Hairsisters.

@flyygirlll2

I keep reading so much about this brush lately.

I started to grab it, but resisted.:look:

I'm sure it will eventually end up at my house.:eek:

I really need to be done too. Actually, I'm overdone.:eek:

I hope it's all out of my system.:yawn:

I got a lot of on my stupid list except for all that QB.

I had some randoms thrown in here & there, but my end result was still pretty stooopid.:angry2:

I need to sit in on down until Mothers Day.:censored: For real.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@IDareT'sHair You would think a Cyber Monday sale started Monday, or at least lasted until Monday is officially over :confused:. I didn't read the whole email until today. Guess it wasn't meant to be. I have some in my stash, but I wanted a 32oz joint.

@Golden75

Yeah....You would think!:censored: I didn't read it that closely either.:angry2:

I know that's what @chebaby wanted too.

I need to start using what I have and quit holding on to it before it goes bad.:look:

Girl, since that brush was $9.60 after the discount and free shipping... I could not resist :look: lol. I honestly don't love to use brushes to detangle at all, but you know how my hair is set up tho - I need something good to help get all the shed hairs out.

@flyygirlll2

Yeah...I saw that!:eek: Good Deal!

I'm hoping this Oil Rinsing will help me with my 'shed removal' problem.:angry2: