Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@shawnyblazes
Just great Sis. Hope yours was too. Getting ready for a busy week
.:office:

ETA: My Stand Up Dryer broke and my neighbor couldn't fix it, so I am looking/needing to replace that.:swearing:

It was very relaxing. This week will be busy at work. I think Josiah gave me his cold. I need to take some vitamin D as soon as I get home. I forgot this morning.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Good morning!

I have a cartful of lotions that Pjaye mentioned. My hair does so well without shea butter , coconut oil( anything that acts like coconut oil) and aloe. Its just rare to find.

My hair doesn't like shea butter much either. It has to be lower down in the list of ingredients or not at all. That's why I love APB simple cream, UCS and LI. No shea butter at all.

I also have to be careful with coconut oil. As a prepoo/detangling aid and in deep conditioners I love it. But I can't apply it on a regular basis between washes as my strands can start to feel dry and stiff.

ETA: How can I forget aloe. I had also tried Aloe vera juice/gel in the earlier part of my hair journey and lets just say it's a no. So many products have in aloe tho, which is another reason I rock with APB. Lots of options without any of these three ingredients.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
@shawnyblazes

I used to give each section a good comb through with the DC in and then divide my hair in big plaits, rinse the DC thoroughly and then pin them around my head (kinda like if I was wrapping relaxed hair) to get maximum stretch. Then once fully dry I would take them down and separate them out gently. That gave me a good stretch to do this style. I'd pik out my roots and smooth my hair upward into the bun and tie it down.

Thanks @IDareT'sHair! :kiss:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Morning ladies! :coffee:

I'm over here thinking about what I'm going to open next in the race to make the BF list.
Probably one of the APB hair lotions...thinking the Cherry Kukui one.

Morning. I love Cherry Kukui. It's very light but gets the job done and you don't need a lot. I added the peach one (bought it once but gave away before trying) and hazelnut.

As for the rest of that cart....

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@bajandoc86 :drool: to that bun
@shawnyblazes i have the QB Moringa Tree and I'm not feeling the coconut oil in it. I had to give it a rest. I don't want to give it away but it was making my hair a tad hard over time. At this point Shea Butter can only be in DC. Aloe is a no all the way around. Avocado only in LI and it has to be with a heavy butter. Coconut oil only in DC and even then, not by a lot. Glycerin is rarely my friend outside of DC.

APB is just more conscious of not using the same things as other vendors in her products. I see that with very few vendors.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Mine is ridiculous :look:
I hope I do like it. I'll be trying that one, the Papaya Pear one, and the Cupuacu Avocado one in the next few weeks.

I might have pear in my cart but not a fan of prickly pear. I'll still try. Capuacu is really just ok my hair, but I think it's because I'm expecting more and it really not a heavy butter. I think it but I have to stop expecting more from it.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
Ladies, dh & I got some great news today...treatment is working and there is limited activity remaining. Chemo continues but we've come a long way. At the start of this, local Dr's were not hopeful but GOD is working this thing out. Won't HE do it.

I feel like hitting pay nah!

AMEN! I am super happy to hear this. Funny enough you crossed my mind just this weekend. Lots of love sis.