Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
So, I’ve beeb cutting back on a lot to further experiment with my hair. I’m still using henna, ayurveda and coffee, but I’ve been pretty boring. I think I did pretty good being a PJ, because I remained consistent in what I was doing with the product I did it with. But now, I’m trying out something similar to really see how it works.

Been washing with black soap shampoo I made. Ive had to clarify once since using it and have been using it for a few months now. It’s helping my scalp, so I don’t need exfoliator. Of course conditioner (this habit will forever be a problem). Using oil blends that I infused with herbs or coffee. Glycerin and water mixture. Shea Butter with ayurveda or Castor oil.

I hate to say it, but it’s working. I see thickness and health. I told myself I would give it 6 months. I’m noticing a major difference in knots (not tangles, whether is still dry). I’m also giving bunning a break. I’ll assess my hair in July and see if I think being this minimal is worth it.

Aggie

So, I’ve beeb cutting back on a lot to further experiment with my hair. I’m still using henna, ayurveda and coffee, but I’ve been pretty boring. I think I did pretty good being a PJ, because I remained consistent in what I was doing with the product I did it with. But now, I’m trying out something similar to really see how it works.

Been washing with black soap shampoo I made. Ive had to clarify once since using it and have been using it for a few months now. It’s helping my scalp, so I don’t need exfoliator. Of course conditioner (this habit will forever be a problem). Using oil blends that I infused with herbs or coffee. Glycerin and water mixture. Shea Butter with ayurveda or Castor oil.

I hate to say it, but it’s working. I see thickness and health. I told myself I would give it 6 months. I’m noticing a major difference in knots (not tangles, whether is still dry). I’m also giving bunning a break. I’ll assess my hair in July and see if I think being this minimal is worth it.
Thanks for the reminder @Saludable84. The next oil I have to make is a coffee/caffeine oil for my scalp. I may make it my CP base oil and build from there.

Aggie

Used up Camille Rose Almond Jai Hair Butter - no backups and not a repurchase due to shrinking the number of vendors I shop with. It was a really nice butter but I am on a serious mission to reduce the number of vendors I shop with.

SSI has quite a few butters, creams and leave-ins that agree positively with my hair, so I'll stick with that vendor as long as their products work well on my hair.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Hey! :grouphug:

I'm being hair lazy over here :rofl:
About to put some individual crochet locs in later this week (hopefully). No hair product purchases since the last SSI sale where I grabbed items from the Pomegranate line. I do need to grab some more Cantu Root Rinse to use while I'm in the locs though.

I hope everyone and their hair is doing well!