Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

NaturallyATLPCH

By the way, I used up my final jar of APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle. This is not a repurchase. I like their Pumpkin Seed, Pomegranate, and the Red Raspberry and Mint better as moisturizing DCs.

I still have a full 16 oz jar of the Pumpkin and the Red Raspberry in my stash. I'm out of the Pomegranate but may repurchase at some point but not in any rush at the moment.

I thought I was the only one who thought the Ultra Conditioning Souffle was just meh. People raved about it and I was like uh...did not do too much for my dome lol...

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
By the way, I used up my final jar of APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle. This is not a repurchase. I like their Pumpkin Seed, Pomegranate, and the Red Raspberry and Mint better as moisturizing DCs.

I still have a full 16 oz jar of the Pumpkin and the Red Raspberry in my stash. I'm out of the Pomegranate but may repurchase at some point but not in any rush at the moment.
The UCS bothers my scalp. Took me a while to realize. I think it’s too heavy for my scalp, but works well for my hair. I won’t be repurchasing in the future because of the scalp issue.

I tried the RM and I like it, but it won’t be a repurchase. Used my last jar yesterday. I like the Pumpkin Seed, Marula and Honey and NEB, so I don’t see a need for more. The keratin is good too, I hope to purchase for the next sale (don’t need any right now). Four conditioners is impressive for me :look:

Aggie

The UCS bothers my scalp. Took me a while to realize. I think it’s too heavy for my scalp, but works well for my hair. I won’t be repurchasing in the future because of the scalp issue.

I tried the RM and I like it, but it won’t be a repurchase. Used my last jar yesterday. I like the Pumpkin Seed, Marula and Honey and NEB, so I don’t see a need for more. The keratin is good too, I hope to purchase for the next sale (don’t need any right now). Four conditioners is impressive for me :look:

Oooh, I forgot about the Marula and Honey. I liked that one a lot too. I would consider replacing my RM with that one as well.

Aggie

I just cut off all my demi permanent damaged/texlaxed hair myself and it's all uneven. Looks like I have to go to a hair stylist to even it up for me. I only have about 3.5 inches of hair left on my head and I know when I get it evened up, I'll only have about 2.5 inches left. I'm okay with that.

I'd rather it be all short and healthy again than to have damaged ends hanging on for dear life but look like crap. I will be protective styling with wigs until I get it all back to about 8-10 inches before I will try and bun it again.

Last edited:

Aggie

@Aggie @Saludable84
I realize after ready ya'lls post, I haven't really tried too may APB DC'ers.:(

I have UCS, Pumpkin Seed, NEB, Ayurvedic Mud Mask and Keratin.

I am going to add some of the ones you two listed to my wish list. Like the Marula and Honey one.

ETA: Aggie, I hope you love your new cut.
I already like it and it's not even evened up yet. Having only my natural curls looks good on me. No more texlaxed hair for me and definitely no more demi permanent coloring either. It just shrinks so terribly, :lol:.

I need to find ways to wear it stretched once it grows out. I'll probably wear twist outs. It certainly defines well with just a styling gel or custard and that is encouraging.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
@Aggie @Saludable84
I realize after ready ya'lls post, I haven't really tried too may APB DC'ers.:(

I have UCS, Pumpkin Seed, NEB, Ayurvedic Mud Mask and Keratin.

I am going to add some of the ones you two listed to my wish list. Like the Marula and Honey one.

ETA: Aggie, I hope you love your new cut.
I forgot about the mud mask. I like that one too, but I prefer the others. The Raspberry and Mint is good, but I like other ones better. The UCS irritates my scalp but idk why, so my guess is because it’s really heavy.

Aggie

I forgot about the mud mask. I like that one too, but I prefer the others. The Raspberry and Mint is good, but I like other ones better. The UCS irritates my scalp but idk why, so my guess is because it’s really heavy.
I also have a 16 oz jar of the Ayurveda Mud Mask still in my stash - just saw it a few minutes ago. I didn't even remember I had it :blush:

Aggie

Next Moisturizing DC I will be using is combination of NG Vanilla Fig and SSI Curl Moist DCs. I got a full jar after combining them.

I will continue using my KB Green Tea and Babassu DC and Keracare 5 in 1 Combo until it's finished then move on to another protein DC in my stash.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
You too @IDareT'sHair!

So now in the drug stores and big box stores it is easy to find all the natural hair brands but you can't find VO5 :giggle:. I did have it on my Walmart grocery pick up list and they had it but the bottles look different. I compared the ingredient list from the Herbal Escapes I have and the one Walmart gave me and the only difference is there are some added oils. We shall see once I start using the new stuff. I may start ordering it online.

Aggie

@IDareT'sHair

How do you like JMonique's Charcoal and Bentonite DCs? I tried the charcoal and that thing is a-maz-ing. It has sooo much slip. I realized it has a lot of oils in it as well and slippy. Plus it smells wonderful.

I don't know about the Bentonite yet though. I will try that one later. I'll add the Charcoal to my BF list to repurchase. I wore it as a pre-poo and it's perfect for that :yep:.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
So now in the drug stores and big box stores it is easy to find all the natural hair brands but you can't find VO5 :giggle:.
@Shay72
:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Say What Nah?:laugh:

How do you like JMonique's Charcoal and Bentonite DCs? I tried the charcoal and that thing is a-maz-ing. It has sooo much slip. I realized it has a lot of oils in it as well and slippy. Plus it smells wonderful. I don't know about the Bentonite yet though. I will try that one later. I'll add the Charcoal to my BF list to repurchase. I wore it as a pre-poo and it's perfect for that :yep:.
@Aggie
Used the Charcoal DC'er for Overnight Treatments. Love It. (Agreed with everything you said).:love:

Will use the Bentonite & Rhassoul the same way. I had it once before and used it so fast I forgot what I actually thought about it.:roadrunner:.....:eek: