Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Aggie

My BF list is short this year. I only want B&BW candles and body creams, and JMoniques Naturals Rum and Raisin Body Butter and underarm deodorants, but that's it for now.

I'm currently working my way through my herbs and ayurveda powders used in tea rinses. It's taking a while but I'm hard at it. So I really don't need any herbs or powders right now, except henna and indigo for coloring my hair.

I have enough of them to last another year even if I mix a batch of it once a week. I make enough tea to use at least 4 to 5 days out of the week by the way.

Aggie

Just put a bunch of herbs together in a medium sized pot to boil and make me some more tea rinse for next week.

Tonight I used:

Amla
Kalpi Tone
Shikakai
Brahmi
Hibiscus
Rose Powder
CP Tea Rinse blend of herbs
Earl Grey Black Tea from www.herbco.com
Rose Hips from herbco

I sealed all the powders in either knee-hi stockings and all other herbs in spice bags and threw them all in a pot of distilled water. It's now simmering on the stove. I'll put the whole pot in the fridge to steep overnight and then remove the herbs after they've cooled when I get off work tomorrow afternoon.

Aggie

I finally used up:

1 box of Brahmi Powder
1 box of Kalpi Tone Powder
1 box of Amla Powder
1 box of Rose Petal Powder
1 box of Hibiscus Teabags
1 small bag of black tea from herbco.com

I have many backups of all the above.

Aggie

@Aggie
Basically for HOTs (Hot Oil Treatments):yep:

I have also used them for an Oil Rinse.

Ohhhh okay @IDareT'sHair.

Now how do you do your hot oil treatments please? Do you heat up the oils first, then add it to your hair? Do you still deep condition after or before the oil treatment?

Do you steam with it or just let the warm oil sit on your hair with a plastic cap on? I don't do these so I'm so sorry for all the questions.

I do know that I can add some oil to my deep conditioner and do a 2 in 1 treatment but I dunno if I'd like it that way. Unless of course, the DC is hard to work with and doesn't cooperate well with my hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie
I do DC afterwards. I used my Electric Heat Cap with a Plastic Cap for about 20-30 minutes.

Sometimes I do it on Cleansed Hair, sometimes I do it on Dry Hair before I cleanse.

And then sometimes I use it under Saran Wrap/Plastic Cap as an overnight Oil Treatment.

I have a couple W-E-N Oils I need to use up.:angry2:

I may have x1 unopened bottle and half of an open bottle.

Aggie

@Aggie
I do DC afterwards. I used my Electric Heat Cap with a Plastic Cap for about 20-30 minutes.

Sometimes I do it on Cleansed Hair, sometimes I do it on Dry Hair before I cleanse.

And then sometimes I use it under Saran Wrap/Plastic Cap as an overnight Oil Treatment.

I have a couple W-E-N Oils I need to use up.:angry2:

I may have x1 unopened bottle and half of an open bottle.
Oh okay. So you use it multiple ways. Awesome! This tells me I can get creative and use mine different ways too. :up:

Aggie

I decided to make me some coffee oil using 2 ounces each of evco, evoo and sesame oil. I have it on a candle warmer and stir it daily for the next 3 or 4 days.

I'm thinking about adding a little of it to my shea butter blend to use as a quick hot oil treatment and maybe add a little to some diy ayurveda hair mask. Just thinking in print right now and trying to come up with different ways to use it up.

I want to use a little of it on my skin and maybe save some to add to my diy black soap shampoo with essential oils for extra stimulation.