Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@KinksAndInk
Did you like JMonique's Charcoal? I liked it. (Not an immediate repurchase for me either..but maybe one day?).

I still have:
Koils By Nature Detoxifying Charcoal & Mint
Bel Nouvo Charcoal & Mint
Jakeala's Beau Vert
SM's (Original) Purification Hair Mask

Which all remind me of each other.

Aggie

@IDareT'sHair it was lackluster in my opinion. My hair feels more detoxed after a clay treatment. I hated beau vert.
JM Charcoal Treatment is actually not a detox treatment, it is simply a deep conditioner and worked well as such on my hair.

Like you, it is not a repurchase for me either but not because it didn't work, but because I am simply cutting back on online vendors as best as I can.

Truthfully, I thought it made a really great pre-poo as well maybe because of all the oil it contained.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
JM Charcoal Treatment is actually not a detox treatment, it is simply a deep conditioner and worked well as such on my hair.

Like you, it is not a repurchase for me either but not because it didn't work, but because I am simply cutting back on online vendors as best as I can.

Truthfully, I thought it made a really great pre-poo as well maybe because of all the oil it contained.
The jar actually says “this treatment absorbs impurities...” I take that to mean detox. It didn’t detox my hair or even really deep condition it.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
@KinksAndInk
Ooookay! So...Tell me how you really feel?:rofl::rofl:

Did you have/try JMonique's Dead Sea Mud Mask? (Oh, I have that too).
:lachen:I don’t have time or money to be wasting on products. My hair is beyond easy, I’ve only met 1 thing my hair hates and that’s aloe but not all aloe and I’m pretty sure it was a result of user error. But this JM treatment and that beau vert...nah this ain’t it sis.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@KinksAndInk I agree with @Aggie about the "Pre-Poo" Factor.

In fact, I used all of my JMonique's DC'ers as Pre-Poos or "Treatments" (of sort).

I never used any strictly as a DC'er even though that's how they are labeled.

Simply because they just didn't look like the "Traditional Deep Conditioner(s)" to me, so I never used them that way. I used mine as a Pre-Poo or a Treatment.

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
@KinksAndInk I agree with @Aggie about the "Pre-Poo" Factor.

In fact, I used all of my JMonique's DC'ers as Pre-Poos or "Treatments" (of sort).

I never used any strictly as a DC'er even though that's how they are labeled.

Simply because they just didn't look like the "Traditional Deep Conditioner(s)" to me, so I never used them that way. I used mine as a Pre-Poo or a Treatment.
I don’t prepoo so I tried using it’s a detox treatment, I felt no difference in my hair. I still used a deep conditioner after using it. I only ever intended for it to be a detox. It just didn’t do anything for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I don’t prepoo so I tried using it’s a detox treatment, I felt no difference in my hair. I still used a deep conditioner after using it. I only ever intended for it to be a detox. It just didn’t do anything for me.
@KinksAndInk
I would have too! Definitely. For Sure. :up:...:yep:

I think all of her DC'ers (and I've tried them all) are far better suited to be used as a Pre-Poo or some type of Treatment other than a DC'er.

As a DC'er they're not that great, but as a Pre-Poo IMO - I feel like they're doing something.:lachen:..:look:

And I would never pay full price for any.:eek:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
@KinksAndInk
I would have too! Definitely. For Sure. :up:...:yep:

I think all of her DC'ers (and I've tried them all) are far better suited to be used as a Pre-Poo or some type of Treatment other than a DC'er.

As a DC'er they're not that great, but as a Pre-Poo IMO - I feel like they're doing something.:lachen:..:look:

And I would never pay full price for any.:eek:
I have 3 more to work through. Thanks for letting me know. Definitely won’t be shopping with her again. DC should be a DC. Period. Lemme try a prepoo to use these thangs up smh.

Aggie

I have 3 more to work through. Thanks for letting me know. Definitely won’t be shopping with her again. DC should be a DC. Period. Lemme try a prepoo to use these thangs up smh.
@KinksAndInk,

I feel bad you have so many of these conditioners that's not working as intended for you. Do you cowash your hair? If so, you could also cowash with them. The oils in them may leave your hair a little soft and moist feeling though, not squeaky clean unfortunately.

Some APB deep conditioners and Naturelle Grow DCs seemed to have lost their efficacy on my hair (I've had them far too long I believe) but I added some Bhringraj oil to them and voila, perfect as cowashes this way. Leaves my hair feeling really silky.