Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
@KinksAndInk,

I feel bad you have so many of these conditioners that's not working as intended for you. Do you cowash your hair? If so, you could also cowash with them. The oils in them may leave your hair a little soft and moist feeling though, not squeaky clean unfortunately.

Some APB deep conditioners and Naturelle Grow DCs seemed to have lost their efficacy on my hair (I've had them far too long I believe) but I added some Bhringraj oil to them and voila, perfect as cowashes this way. Leaves my hair feeling really silky.
I haven’t tried them so I shouldn’t say that they don’t work or that I need to find a different way to use them. I’ll try them and if they don’t work as a dc I’ll probably add a little at a time to a spray bottle with hot water and use them as a moisturizer.

I cowash in the summer sometimes but I probably won’t this summer.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@KinksAndInk
Too bad you don't "Pre-Poo" :mad:

To me, this would be the best way to get rid of them.:look: Or use them for HOTs.

What all did you get other than the Charcoal? :drunk:

Truthfully, I never thought about using them as DC'ers due to the butters & oils, even though they are marketed that way.

They just didn't/don't look (or feel) like DC'ers to me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Lita
I've had the one Curls Dynasty DC'er from the past 2 (or 3) BF's ago and just got around to using it.:look:

I pulled it out because I only had the one and wanted to use up these "one-offs"

All of these are previous purchases I just bought one of to try out.

I have only 1 of:
MISCHE (used up)
Curls Dynasty (using now)
Entwine (will put in rotation w/Curls Dynasty)

Aggie

@IDareT'sHair

I just bought 2 more of the Anytime LPW-147 wig in color #1

I wore it today for the first time and had to go back in to get more only to find out that on most sites, it is completely sold out on the original site I bought it from last year for $25 each (www.hairbird.com) but I found it over-priced on www.simplamart.com for $34.99 each.

Luckily I snagged a 20% coupon from their site and got free shipping and ended up saving $14 :happydance:.

Everybody liked this wig on me and thought it was my own hair. That's what I love in a wig. I pulled out the front of my own hair, gelled it good and covered the front and swooped it up in the air off my face. It was perfect. I did not use the part, I completely merged it to look like a whole wig without any part. Easy as pie.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I didn’t get the Curls Dynasty..I started to but passed..
@Lita
Do you remember what kind of BF offer did Curls Dynasty have?

IMO - their discounts aren't enough. And they don't get much rep here. It should be cheaper. IMO.

I also want to try that Icing on a Curl, but I think they brand is overpriced, because it's not well known and their Sales are good.

Aggie

@rileypak @shawnyblazes @Lita @Aggie @KinksAndInk
For those who used/tried Curl Dynasty's Pumpkin & Mint Treatment what are/were your thoughts?

I know @rileypak has it.

I tried it today for the 1st time, had made up my mind not to like it - but I actually like it.

I am suppose to be using up things I have no b/ups for and this was one of them.
@IDareT'sHair

I actaully never bought anything from Curls Dynasty. I was mildly interested in them, but the desire quickly passed. So sorry I am not of any help hon.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Oh, I forgot to mention, I had "Points" from Cream & Coco which allowed me to get a Free Product (even though I still had to pay for shipping).

I was going to get another Ginger Peach Kombucha ACV Rinse, but choice a Hair Milk instead.

You had to use up your points or lose them (which is shady IMO:look:), so I got a Hair Milk from them.

They had a list of Items to choose from that you could use your points for.o_O

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie
Yeah, I bought one of the Pumpkin & Mint Hair Treatments to try.

As I said, I also wanted that Icing on a Curl, but the Discount was/is too low and the Shipping too High.

Unfortunately, after trying the DC'er today, I actually like it.:angry2:

Same with MISCHE. I also really liked that one and they recently had a sale with only 25% off. They should be cheaper as well.

Aggie

Oh, I forgot to mention, I had "Points" from Cream & Coco which allowed me to get a Free Product (even though I still had to pay for shipping).

I was going to get another Ginger Peach Kombucha ACV Rinse, but choice a Hair Milk instead.

You had to use up your points or lose them (which is shady IMO:look:), so I got a Hair Milk from them.

They had a list of Items to choose from that you could use your points for.o_O
@bolded - Um say what nah! Smh!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It sho nuff is. I would be letting them see my behind as I walked out of that cart.
@Aggie
I didn't purchase from them at all in 2019. They will be one of those, that will be eliminated (or have been eliminated).:look:

Now, don't get me wrong, I have thoroughly enjoyed everything I've tried from this vendor.

They also have high prices, high shipping and low % Sales.

Sarenzo is another one that's on that slippery slope with me.:look: I didn't buy much from them at all in 2018.

Maybe a Quinoa & Bamboo DC'er or two?

A lovely Thread Sister sent me a Sarenzo Clay Wash (or x2) :hug2:

I love several of their products but same thing. High Prices, High Shipping and Low % Sales.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie
I got a feeling I will be eliminating a lot of folks in 2019.:abducted:

1st of all, my Stash is so huge and 2nd of all, I've been buying other things - other than Hair Products.:eek:

However, at the moment, I have a 12oz Bekura Babbasu Leche DC'er in my Cart, trying to decide on that before the end of the day. It's On Sale for $22.00 & Free Shipping.

Chances are, since it's made it into a Cart, I may be pulling the trigger on it.:look: