Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Aggie

Mornin' Ladies!:2inlove:

Hope Aggie and everyone in Florida @divachyk (and others) are prepared and safe.:amen:
Hi @IDareT'sHair

Just a quick check in. Thanks for all your prayers. The power was out for 5 hours and just came on but have no idea how long it will be on. I'm charging up everything that needs charging right now before it goes out again.

Love you all but can't stay on long. It is really really bad in the islands of Grand Bahama and The Abacos. Catastrophic in fact. Many homes lost, cars turning over in the streets, water surges in people's homes, families having to leave their homes and seek shelter in that dreadful storm because there is no roof to protect them. I'm really sad for them right now and continually praying that no one die.

I have 2 nephews in Abaco and the last time we heard from them was about 2 hours ago. They were okay in a pretty safe shelter then but we believe communication is cut off because we can't reach them now. We are still trying to reach them but believe that the communication grid might be offline. It's very sad now.

I might check back in a little later if time permits.

Aggie

Aggie

@Aggie
I keep hearing these places on the news. Along with Freeport and Nassau. How is everything?

@IDareT'sHair

All of these places received damage to varying degrees, Nassau being the least damaged location (some flooding in quite a few homes from King and Spring Tides coming out of the ground and rose up a few feet into some homes - Thankfully, I live on a little higher ground than most in my area). Nassau is where I live, thank God.

The worst damage took place in Abaco. There are reports now coming in that many lost their lives here. It was almost entirely under water for most of the island. Very depressing and very heart wrenching. A family was found huddled together in some rubble, dead. A lady had her 4 month old baby in her arms on an upstairs balcony pleading to be rescued because her roof came off but she could not move any further because of rough, deepening waters outside to the first level of the building. Very very sad!

As for Freeport, Grand Bahama - again it's not over for them yet since Dorian is still hanging around there for a few more hours, I am told. There was a video sent out of a shark swimming outside someone's car and they were in the car videoing the shark as it swam by.

This whole ordeal was like it was from a horror movie that was unfolding right before our eyes. We have never been through anything this catastrophic, ever! We have had bad hurricanes but we were always okay - never any hurricane related deaths reported. Homes were lost, but no deaths recorded. It is most certainly a wake up call for us.

Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@IDareT'sHair

All of these places received damage to varying degrees, Nassau being the least damaged location (some flooding in quite a few homes from King and Spring Tides coming out of the ground and rose up a few feet into some homes - Thankfully, I live on a little higher ground than most in my area). Nassau is where I live, thank God.

The worst damage took place in Abaco. There are reports now coming in that many lost their lives here. It was almost entirely under water for most of the island. Very depressing and very heart wrenching. A family was found huddled together in some rubble, dead. A lady had her 4 month old baby in her arms on an upstairs balcony pleading to be rescued because her roof came off but she could not move any further because of rough, deepening waters outside to the first level of the building. Very very sad!

As for Freeport, Grand Bahama - again it's not over for them yet since Dorian is still hanging around there for a few more hours, I am told. There was a video sent out of a shark swimming outside someone's car and they were in the car videoing the shark as it swam by.

This whole ordeal was like it was from a horror movie that was unfolding right before our eyes. We have never been through anything this catastrophic, ever! We have had bad hurricanes but we were always okay - never any hurricane related deaths reported. Homes were lost, but no deaths recorded. It is most certainly a wake up call for us.
Glad to hear you’re okay.

Let me know when you can where I can donate to @Aggie
Praying and keeping you all in our thoughts

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@shawnyblazes
Ready for the Weekend!:grin:

Do you think you'll end up getting your hair completed this weekend?

Im hoping so, Im about to contact my stylist and see if we are still on. She has some personal things going on so ive been real laid back.
I want to play with my curls and potions stuff anyways. If she cant do it tomorrow, I'll just wait until next week @IDareT'sHair