Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

faithVA

The Hair Rules products for kinky hair were finally restocked. So I purchased the no lather wash, curl quench, leave-in and curl cream before they sold out. I bought samples last year and never tried them :nono:

So I tried them tonight but I should have shampooed my hair to give it a fair test. I oiled my hair and scalp before removing my twist. And not sure the curl wash was meant for that. :ohwell:

The wash was good. It's definitely not stripping and it is pretty creamy. The curl quench was OK. I'm going to have to try it a few times before I make my final decision. It's meant to be washed out after 5 minutes but can be used like a DC. I used it like a DC but without heat. I will try it again with heat when I'm not being lazy. I put in a little leave-in but I didn't use enough to rate it. I may put it in a spray bottle and dilute it like the rest of my leave-ins. Then I put in the curl cream while in the shower. I made sure I rewet my hair and worked it in.

I twisted my hair up so I'm interested to see how my hair feels when it dries and see if it maintains moisture for a week. The curl cream seems promising. My twist have some hang and they still have some plumpness. Usually I have one or the other.

Aggie

@Aggie
Checking in for an Update:curtain:

Let us know how you are doing?
:bighug:
Hey love heart! :kiss:

Thanks for always checking up on me. Here in the capital, we have had some flooding from king and spring tides but not where I live. My house is fine.

The challenge we are all having is power so many times I want to come online but can't because of a lack of electricity. It's sporadic and we don't know when and how long it will be out so we just have to wait.

I try to power up my gadgets and phones each time the power is restored so I won't be totally incapacitated. Other than that, I'm great. I guess a good way to look at it is I'm saving a few bucks when my power is out :yep:

faithVA

The twist cream has my twist looking good while wet but they dry wonky. My hair felt soft but only partially moisturized. And they look a week old even after 1 day. Gel just tames my hair better .

Last night I spritzed with braid spray and braided my twist together. That helped me to salvage them until the weekend.

In the future I may mix the curl cream and gel to see if that works better.

Aggie

@Aggie
So Good to hear from you.:kiss:

Hoping Power and Normalcy are restored to the Island soon.

Praying for further relief and comfort for everyone there.:pray:
@IDareT'sHair :hiya:

Power is somewhat restored but our power company is still having challenges. I do what I can when it's on. I had to install a generator at my salon because the power outages were becoming excessive.

I may have to look into installing one here at home as well. But I need to give the power company a chance to get themselves up and running fully, once and for all.

Last edited:

Lita

@Lita
Hey Gurl :wave:

Happy Belated:cake:

Are you doing your Hair today? If so, what are you using?:lick:

OT: Did you get in on Bekura's 50% Hiatus Sale?

@IDareT'sHair Hello! Thank you :toocool:
My hairstyle is still holding up from last week,so I’m just going to oil my roots with Natures Ego “Fenugreek Black Rice Coffee Emu Oil” gives a nice shine,but has a strong scent.Didnt do the Bekura sale,have enough of that product.
4DE6968D-4CE0-4046-B13E-4CC6553D89CC.jpeg

Happy Hair Growing!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@IDareT'sHair Hello! Thank you :toocool:
My hairstyle is still holding up from last week,so I’m just going to oil my roots with Natures Ego “Fenugreek Black Rice Coffee Emu Oil” gives a nice shine,but has a strong scent.Didnt do the Bekura sale,have enough of that product.
View attachment 451403

Happy Hair Growing!

Oh, I need that oil!!!! @Lita

ETA I wonder if she would make it with castor oil for me, I HATE coconut oil unless Im rinsing it off