USE UP YOUR STASH 2013: SESSION 3

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Finally used up the last of my Darcy's Conditioning Mask. I'm happy to see this go. Next up is Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Gonna sneak back in here and add some more products to use up. I realized yesterday that I have 8 Silk Dreams Hair Care products that I ordered in Jan 2013, so they are dang near a year old. I know the lifespan of the products are short...but they smell fine, look fine and they were stored under my bathroom cabinet. After these products are gone, I'll have only 14 products total in my stash. The goal is to keep it under 10 going forward. To keep things interesting and fun, when I run out of something I will decide if I want to restock my staple or try something new then go back to my staple.

Yes I like all these products that I'm listing below, but I will not repurchase since I cannot pick them up locally...not to mention the short lifespan! I have gone back to Salon & store brands for the bulk of my haircare needs.
* full whip my hair cleanser
* 1/4 jar whip my hair cleanser
* 2 full size destination hydration
* full wheat germ conditioner
* 1/2 bottle wheat germ conditioner
* full jar avocado deep conditioner
* full jar vanilla silk deep conditioner

Shouldn't take long to use them up since I do 2 heads of hair weekly. Just yesterday, I used a full jar of vanilla silk deep conditioner on our heads. lol

Edited to update: I'm gonna get rid of my eco gel as well. I rarely use it...my Hicks gets me better results. I have 2 of those.

Ogoma

I am down to 9 products on the staple list. I am thinking of switching to cheaper conditioners I can get on the ground so I may switch my staple rinse out conditioner sometime next year.

In addition to the 9 above, I have 3 products that I love, but didn't make the staple list, and 2 products I am testing out to be my cheaper rinse out conditioners.

By end of winter next year, I will be down to just my staples. I plan to keep the same regimen and products all year, as long as it is still working.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Current Hair Stash:

Cleansers/Cowash/Shampoo:
1 SSI Blueberry Cowash
1 KeraVeda Kera10 Co-Cleanser
1 Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Shampoo

Rinse Out Conditioners:
1 Suave Professionals Almond & Shea (I don’t even use this)

Deep Conditioners:
1 SSI Rich Moisture Mask
1 SD Vanilla Silk
1 MYHC Olive You
1 4oz. Annabelle’s White Chocolate Mousse

Moisturizers:
1 4oz. Annabelle’s Hair Cream
1 8oz. Bee Mine Luscious
1 12 oz. Shea Moisture CES (50%)
1 Soultanicals Marula Muru Moisture Guru
1 SD Wheat Germ Butter
1 8oz. Qhemet BBRC
1 8oz. Qhemet AOHC

Leave Ins/Refresher:
1 16oz. Oyin Hair Dew (50%)
1 8oz. Soultanicals Knot Sauce (60%)
1 9oz. SSI Cococream
1 8oz. Annabelle’s Pumpkin Leave in

Butters:
1 4oz. Annabelle’s Pumpkin Hair/Body Butter
1 4oz. HV Almond Glaze (60% gone)
1 SSI Juicy Buttercream Frosting
1 4oz. SD Mocha Bling Butter
1 16oz. MYHC Buttery Soy
1 4oz. MYHC Sophia’s Old Fashioned Hair Grease

Oils:
1 8oz. KeraVeda Fenugreek Oil
2 4oz. Silk Dreams Nourish

Protein:
1 8oz. Komaza Protein Strengthener
2 8oz. Silk Dreams MSI

*Not counting the little bit of random rollersetting or heat use products that I only useon ocassion (Elasta QP Design Silk, Elasta QP Foaming, 16oz. Ecostyler gel, Fantasia Heat Protectant Serum) :look:

Last edited:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Gonna sneak back in here and add some more products to use up. I realized yesterday that I have 8 Silk Dreams Hair Care products that I ordered in Jan 2013, so they are dang near a year old. I know the lifespan of the products are short...but they smell fine, look fine and they were stored under my bathroom cabinet. After these products are gone, I'll have only 14 products total in my stash. The goal is to keep it under 10 going forward. To keep things interesting and fun, when I run out of something I will decide if I want to restock my staple or try something new then go back to my staple.

Yes I like all these products that I'm listing below, but I will not repurchase since I cannot pick them up locally...not to mention the short lifespan! I have gone back to Salon & store brands for the bulk of my haircare needs.
* full whip my hair cleanser
* 1/4 jar whip my hair cleanser
* 2 full size destination hydration
* full wheat germ conditioner
* 1/2 bottle wheat germ conditioner
* full jar avocado deep conditioner
* full jar vanilla silk deep conditioner

Shouldn't take long to use them up since I do 2 heads of hair weekly. Just yesterday, I used a full jar of vanilla silk deep conditioner on our heads. lol

lulu97 I think I will do the same. My problem is that I pretty much know my staples, but I want to try new things. I will probably limit myself to two new vendors per year.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm using up my suave almond conditioner as a shaving cream, so I removed it from my product list.
I used up one bottle of demert wig shampoo- I have one left.
I'm giving one of my wen seasonals to my sister. I'm fully stocked on Wen so now I need to resist purchasing more until summer.

LOL Ann0804 I really need to do this. I don't need to shave very often, so not sure if it will be enough to use up this huge bottle. I'll probably just use it to cowash DD's hair every couple weeks. She don't curr. I'll save my pricey co-cleansers for me. :look: :lol:

uofmpanther

Still on my no buy, but my friends and family know me so well that they started getting me hair products for my birthday. I just got the Alikay Naturals cowash and the lemongrass leave-in as a birthday present.

uofmpanther

Still on my no buy, but my friends and family know me so well that they started getting me hair products for my birthday. I just got the Alikay Naturals cowash and the lemongrass leave-in as a birthday present.

I just got Wheat Germ Oil for Christmas. I know too many enablers

ImanAdero

Okay so I need to figure out what my staples will be for next year so I can get my stash down to staples like y'all.

Right now I still have a ridiculous stash, but I think I'm going to repurpose a few as shaving creams as someone mentioned above.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I still haven't done my inventory. I will DEFINITELY do it before/in time for the next session. I bought two more products :blush: which adds up to four since I joined this thread/challenge. That's better than I was, but not good enough. I'm happy about the things I have used up though. :yep:

Lilmama1011

my stash is very little now. i have to herbal essence conditioners left and lets say i have to mix them for one full application and i have that big ole quantum conditioner left that's a medium protein i believe so next week will be heading to sallys for a moisture conditioner that someone recommended and i have one shampoo which is ors neutralizing shampoo which i will go shampooless and use apple cider vinegar when i run out and assume it will not tangle my new growth when it comes in

uofmpanther

I'm giving my Mom both my beyond the zone heat spray and my keracare silken seal. I don't need them

Last edited:

faithVA

Not using up anything this wash day. I used a lot of products but didn't use anything up. I also have a lot of new products to add to my stash. I thought I could use up a DC today but it went further than I thought. Definitely putting buying on hold to get my stash together as well as my finances :yep:

lamaria211

I'm like tired of my stash at this point I'm trying to stick to the maximum 2-3 hair lines. I'm probably going to be donating a good 20 products

xu93texas

Will be using up the last of SSI Exotic Amazon pomade and Komaza Califia moisturizing spray tomorrow on wash day.

Ann0804

Used up JBCO. It's definitely a staple product for me.

I have the extra dark one in my stash so I will be seeing which one I like best.

caliscurls

Used up Naturelle Grow Mega Growth Oil, Shea What! Deux, and the last PBN Cupuacu Butter. Hairveda Almond Glaze is down to about 50%, Naturelle Grow Honey Growth Balm down to 60%, Pomade Shop's Peppermint Pomade down to 50%, Rosemary Pomade down to 10%

Froreal3 how did you like the Naturelle Grow Mega Growth Oil?