USE UP YOUR STASH 2013: SESSION 3

faithVA

Gave away some more stuff tonight. Gave away 2 of the HQ Repair mask, 1 NJoy Growth oil and the rest of the sample of Shea Moisture Shampoo. I may be able to get my stash to less than 15 by the end of the month.

Gryphyn

Used up my Pantene conditioner

I'm still in! Here's my updated list.

Goal: Cut my list in half

Shampoos
QOD original cleanse clarifying shampoo
Body Shop ginger scalp care shampoo :nono:
Pantene pro-v moisture renewal for curly hair shampoo :nono:
Body Shop rainforest moisture shampoo
Cream of Nature argan oil moisture and shine shampoo

Conditioners
Pantene pro-v moisture renewal for curly hair conditioner - Done!
Aussie moist (staple)

Deep Conditioners
Creme of Nature professional nourishing and strengthening treatment (protein)
Body Shop rainforest moisture hair butter (moisture)- Done!
Aloe vera juice w/ honey (moisture) (staple)

Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Aphogee keratin green tea restructurizer (staple)
Cantu shea butter leave in conditioning repair cream (staple)
ORS olive oil moisturizing hair lotion (staple)

Oils/Butters
Meknes of Morocco infusion argan oil
Coconut oil (staple)
Raw shea butter

Styling products
Fantasia IC hair polisher styling gel (staple)
Fantasia IC hair polisher olive styling gel :nono:
Miss Jessie's curly pudding
Kinky Curly curling custard
Cantu shea butter for natural hair coconut curling cream - saving to revisit after my transition
Cantu shea butter for natural hair moisturizing curl activator cream :nono: - Done!

Other products
Dove hair spray (staple)
Body Shop coconut oil hair shine
CHI iron guard thermal protection spray
ACV or white vinegar (clarify)

Ogoma

Ogoma - let me know what you think of the fractionated coconut oil. I've been curious.

Will do. My hair loves regular coconut oil, but my skin hates it; it makes me break out all over. This one is supposed to be better for sensitive skin and not acnegenic so keeping my fingers crossed my hair loves it. I bought 1000 ml thinking it was 16 fl oz, but it is actually 32 fl oz. I really hope I love it. :lol:

Me and my hair have been loving our modified version of oil rinsing.

Ann0804

Tonight I used up Wen apple (not a repurchase for me) and cantu leave-in (I already had purchased another before joining this challenge).

faithVA

It's wash day. Didn't use anything up but I put a dent in a few things.

Used the 4Naturals Shampoo. Will use this every other month.
Used the 4 Naturals Reconstructor. I have 2 or 3 uses of this. I like this product but they stopped selling it at Sally's :sad:
Now DCing with AO Island Naturals.I have 3 or 4 uses of this.

If I weren't so lazy today I would have gone to Walgreen's to pick up the Shea Moisture Conditioner that is on sale. :ohwell:

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Put a huge dent in HV Vatika frosting w/my prepoo this evening. About to use up this Green Tea Butter too. It is 95% gone now.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Used up my CJ Deep Fix (love this) and my Avocado Oil. I like the Avocado, but I'm not sure that I need it. I'm holding off on repurchasing for now.

I also took advantage of a curlmart sale and Oyin code, so Ill have to update my stash. Sigh. I'm going to try really hard to no buy till Black Friday. I'm keeping a shopping list as therapy.

faithVA

Used up a little more of the Purabody Sapote and the HQ The Slip Daily Cream. I was experimenting to see if the Sapote would be a replacement leave-in. I don't think so though. I will stick with the As I Am. So I will put the Sapote as the second step along with the HQ The Slip.

Ogoma

Used up nothing this wash day.

Next use up are my cowash conditioners, but they are still pretty full so 2 weeks or so.

faithVA

I want to buy some more AO Blue Chamomile conditioner. Not sure why Vitamin Shoppe carries the shampoo but not the conditioner :perplexed: I really don't want to make the drive to the health food store for it but I will if I have to. I guess I could buy it from Vitacost and just pay the shipping. Probably would be the same as the gas I am going to use to go get it.

faithVA

Used up the softee oil to make a new batch of my oil blend for my scalp. Really reducing my oils. :yay:

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I used up my Aubrey Organics Island Replenishing. It has light protein I think, but it is so moisturizing. I love this stuff, but the bottle is too small.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Hello Ladies! (Waves)

I would like to join if it isint too late.

I have found my staples, and discovered that when it comes to my hair and products: less is best...the less I use in it, the better it behaves.

I would like to use up products I've accumulated on the way. I have thrown away, donated or sold everything besides these last 8. I like them enough to continue to use them, but they could be tossed tomorrow and I would be like...meh. lol

Right now, I'm focusing on the Curl Junkie cleansing conditioner. I can maybe get one or 2 more uses out of it.

When I use up the last item, I'm gonna buy me a nice HUGE bottle of Argan oil to celebrate! It mixes so well with my coconut oil, and makes my hair feel so soft. But mannnnnn, that oil is expensive.

Last edited:

Gryphyn

I've almost used up my Body Shop coconut hair shine. I originally bought it to smooth my edges, but I've been using it to heavy seal to finish it.

I purchased Castor oil this month and I've been mixing it with a little bit EVOO and coconut oil and using it to seal with now that it's cooler.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Used up the Shea moisture Yucca conditioner. I used it to deep condition on dry hair for about 30 mins prior to cowashing. My hair felt no better or worse after using it...so meh.

I plan on using all the conditioners in this way.

Lilmama1011

My motivation is so i won't have to look at a draw full of stuff i don't use and have it stay there and I don't use it but keep adding 3 mshampoos :quantum clarifier Shea moisture curl ,hibiscus shampoo , and ors aloe shampoo Conditioners : Aussie moist, Burt's bees, herbal essence totally twisted, miracle 7 color protect conditioner, quantum moisturizing conditioner, tresemme naturals conditioner, creme of nature nourishing conditioner Deep conditioner: shea moisture deep treatment mask, wen remoist intensive air treatment, naturally silk elements deep moisture conditioner,, Hask placenta conditioning treatment, Burt's bees hair repair deep conditioner Clarifying conditioner: V05 kiwi Cleansing conditioner: whip your hair (this might be my got cleansing conditioner because it does cleanse without stripping and doesn't feel like product is in your hair after Sealer: Jane carter nourish and shine, coconut oil Moisturizer:shea moisture curl and style milk, shea moisture curl smoothie(can't stand that, it just sits on top of my head and have to keep rubbing it, that's the only product that has ever done that to me) leave in: komaza coconut milk leave in (I might keep that as my leave in until further notices, gives slip(good for detangling), makes hair soft and love the smell , califia moisturizing creme and komaza shea butter lotion has been recently added

Well this is from the other old stash thread since then I have used up miracle 7 color protect conditioner, V05 kiwi clarifying conditioner, hask placenta , wen remoist, and naturally silk elements deep moist I just used up my Burt's bees and avocado pre poo

Lilmama1011

Wow I'm eliminated a lot of conditioners with applying it relaxer style. I just prepooed and got rid of what I already listed Burt's bees the the little bit of Burt's bees deep conditioner along with the avocado pre poo, I'm loving that my stash is disappearing so fast, I have four conditioners left.

Lilmama1011

Used up Komaza Aloe My Hair Serum (not a repurchase).
Almost done with SD Vanilla Silk

I just used the komaza aloe serum yesterday, komaza hair milk, komaza hair lotion and komaza cream yesterday. They smell so good, that's the first time I ever used that much products in a line before. I keep forgetting the serum is white and think its clear so when I squeezed it i was like oh my god it went bad lol