Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
Didn't do so great. DANG!!! Just realized I never added my essential oils & AVJ. Will add now. So sad. But I vow to do better session 2!!!

Start - 119
End - 108 :blush:

- Shampoos -
Kenra Moisturizing
Kenra Clarifying
Elucence Acidifying/Neutralizing
Elucence Moisturizing
TJ Nourish Spa
Aveda Damage Remedy
Roux PC poo
KBB Juicy Bar
Nairobi poo
HV Amala Deep Cleanse
Phyto Specific Intensive Nutrition Poo
- Conditioners/DC - Combining category/some are double duty
AO White Camellia
X_Kenra MC - 5/29
Elucence Moisture Balancing
TJ Nourish Spa
Rusk Keratin Smooth
Aphogee 2-Min
Joico MB
Aveda Damage Remedy
_Aveda DRT -done 6/19 (need to use a lot to really get results)
HV Stinillah
HV 24/7 x2 -1 done 6/18 (staple)
HV Acai Berry Phyto
Nairobi Humcto Sil
BF Pistachio Cream
KBB Mask (8oz & 4oz)
Elucence Moisture Retention
Lanza Healing Moisture
Lanza Healing Strength
Silk Elements MegaSilk
DB Pumpkin Deep Conditioner
BF Yarrow Hibiscus Cleansing Condish
Mizani Cleansing Condish
Phyto Specific Intensive Nutrition Mask
Oyin Honey Hemp Condish
Millcreak Biotin
Vitaminshoppe Jojoba Condish
CHI Nourish Intensive Silk Hair Mask
X_HE Hello Hydration - 6/5 (great for washing out henna - use alot)
X_TJ Tea Tree---5/24 (will repurchase)
X_Yes To Carrots Pampering Mud ---5/1

- Leave Ins/Mosturizers
BF Desert
KBB Ambrosia
Silken Child
Rusk Sensories Smoother
Salerm B5
Care Free Curl Gold
Wave Nouveau Finishing Lotion
DB Transitioning Cream
HE LTR x2
HV Whipped Ends (small amt)
Phyto Specific Integral Hydrating Mist
Long Aid Curl Activator
Aveda Damage Remedy Leave In Treatment
Oyin Dew
Aphogee Green Tea Leave In
Mizani H2O Night time Treatment
Abba Nourish Leave In
Sample Sizes - QB AOHC, BRBC, QB HHB
Nairobi Soft Finish Leave In
Elucene Moisture Extend Treatment
Salerm 21 B5
Oyin Juices & Berries
Oyin Frank Juice (pur. 5/20)
Oyin Greg juice (sample pur 5/20)
Giovanni Leave-In
Talijah Wahid (sic) Mist Bodifyer
QB Staples 6/11 Sale (had to do it, samples sizes are very low)
QB Detangling Ghee
QB AOHC
QB BEBC
QB OHHB -sample only, since a little goes a long way

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
KBB Butter Love
Jane Carter Nourish Shine (small amt)
Oyin Burnt Sugar (sample)
HV Whipped Clouds
X_HV Green Tea Butter - trashed 5/15 - old/separated
Pure Argan Oil
Camellia Oil
HV Cocosta Oil (1 full, 1/4 bottle)
HV Vatika Frosting
Coconut Oil
Red Palm Oil
JBCO x2
Macadamia Nut Oil
Jojoba Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Wheat germ Oil
Grapeseed
Shescentit Seyani hair butter
Shea butter
Mango Butter

- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products
Alma Oil x2 ----1 bottle done 5/1/11
Vatika Oil x2
Hibuscus Powder
Fenugreek Powder
Alma Powder
Neem Powder
Henna (2 boxes) - finished 1 box 6/5

- Styling products
Ecostyler gel
Oyin Shine & Define
Redken Heat Glide
Aveda Light Elements Serum
Aveda Smooth Infusion Styler Prep
NTM Serum (small amt)
X_HV Whipped Jelly - tossed --felt too sticky (purchased over 1yr ago)
Mizani Therasmooth (small amt)
Kenra Straightening Balm
Nairobi Wrap Foam
CHI Silk Infusion
Joico Renu Primer
X_Keracare Silk (something) Heat protectant -done 5/15 (repurchase in future)
- Other
AE Garlic Mask
Bee Mine Serum
Megatek (small amt)

Last edited:

faithVA

Didn't do so great. DANG!!! Just realized I never added my essential oils & AVJ. Will add now. So sad. But I vow to do better session 2!!!

Start - 124
End - 112 :blush:

Golden75

Just a thought for you. I don't add my AVG or my essential oils to my stash. I only have 1 and I always plan to have at least 1 on hand. I don't consider them items I am trying to use up, nor are they items I can replace with something else. They are more things I need to have on hand to support my regimen if that makes sense. If I had multiples of any of those items I would put them in my stash but I don't.

So that's something to consider when deciding to add it to your stash.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@Golden75

Just a thought for you. I don't add my AVG or my essential oils to my stash. I only have 1 and I always plan to have at least 1 on hand. I don't consider them items I am trying to use up, nor are they items I can replace with something else. They are more things I need to have on hand to support my regimen if that makes sense. If I had multiples of any of those items I would put them in my stash but I don't.

So that's something to consider when deciding to add it to your stash.

faithVA-Thanks. Makes sense. And I've had this gallon of AVJ for over a year & its only 1/2 gone. So removing. Thanks for making me feel better!

Aireen

faithVA

FINAL UPDATE: So this is my final update for this thread. I didn't do as well as I wanted to but I did finish some products that I thought I never would. I also curbed my PJism and the only thing I want to buy is a moisturizing treatment because most of my products are protein and my hair really needs the moisture at this time. I didn't really break the rules of the challenge but my stash increased for two reasons — one, I bought products during my monthly pass quite often; two, I'd recommend products to my mum and she'd buy them right away.

Anyway at this point I really don't want to buy anything, a lot of what I have and tried is mediocre or good but not good enough. My goal for this challenge is to reduce my stash to 3-5 products. I already have 4 products I want to keep if I follow through with this, all I need for the 5th product is a good moisturizing treatment. (By the way, when I say good I mean like life changing good or something that can combat protein overload in 3 uses.)

Below is what's gone; gray for what I gave away. I'm also including a picture of my past and current stash, you'll probably notice I didn't do well AT ALL! I'm not giving up though. I swear I used more products so this may be edited.

KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Shampoo
Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque (1 oz.)
Alberto VO5 Total Hair Recovery Intensive Treatment (1 oz.)

Attachments

• Stash.JPG
    Stash.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Stash2.JPG
    Stash2.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

faithVA

@faithVA

FINAL UPDATE: two, I'd recommend products to my mum and she'd buy them right away.

My mom does that. I have to be careful what I say to her. Or as soon as I say it, I have to follow it with, Don't buy that I can't add anything to my stash. :lol:

But glad you feel you accomplished something. That is all that matters. Curbing PJism is a big success. And I'm glad you wrote a book because I like long-winded people like myself. :look: Makes me feel better. :yep:

Aireen

My mom does that. I have to be careful what I say to her. Or as soon as I say it, I have to follow it with, Don't buy that I can't add anything to my stash. :lol:

But glad you feel you accomplished something. That is all that matters. Curbing PJism is a big success. And I'm glad you wrote a book because I like long-winded people like myself. :look: Makes me feel better. :yep:

LOL well I have to feel accomplished since I only used 4 products from my memory. If you look at my post in the second session later, you'll see my stash increased when I include the picture.

Ugh my mother just bought a Tresemme Naturals conditioner because I recommended it... I plan to try to use it after reducing my collection a little because like I said, I need moisture. It's sad because she's one of those people that leaves her hair alone and never washes it so products never really get used. :perplexed

Last edited:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Final Update for Session 1

I finished up 10 products and I didn't buy anything new. Next session probably won't be as good, but I still think I did okay.

BreeNique

k everything in red is what i got rid of:

2. -SHAMPOOS: ORGANIX COCONUT MILK (1/2 BOTTLE LEFT...I DON'T SHAMPOO OFTEN! CO-WASHER!);
HALF A BOTTLE OF CLARIFYING SHAMPOO (THIS'LL LAST ME ABOUT A YEAR...)

-CONDITIONERS/ DC's:

HE LTR (1/2 bottle) (co-wash);
-Organix Coconut milk (2 bottles half-used, so about a whole bottle left) (co-wash);
-extra-large bottle of Organix Cherry Blossom Ginseng (3/4 bottle left) (co-wash)
-Organix Pomegranate (1/3 left) (co-wash)
-Kenra Moisturizing (3/4 left...it was a gift! i use it for DCing most times)
-Neutrogena Triple Moisture mask (my protien)

LEAVE-INS/MOISTRUIZERS/ Butters:
-Elasta QP Mango Butter (<3)
-CHI Silk Infusion
-Netrogena Triple Moisture silk leave-in

OILS:
-Carol's Daughter oil mix (not my prime oil/sealer...)
-Coconut oil (usually seal with this)

killing that Organix!! Up next: HE LTR (I probably have 3 or 4 more co-washes in it!), then I'm coming for that super sized Organix Cherry Blossom!!

hair <3
BN

Aireen

I'm almost done two conditioners so I decided to make a schedule so I can use them up efficiently.

19/20th, July - Yes To Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner (I hate this but I mixed it with another conditioner and some oils so it's actually better now.)

23rd/24th, July - Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner (I like this but will not re-purchase because it smells like curry and bush.)

28th/29th, July - Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner.

3rd/4th, August - Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner (If I still have more, I shouldn't have more after 3 uses.)

8th/9th August - Yes To Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner.

13th/14th August - Yes To Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner.

18th/19th August - Yes To Cucumbers Colour Care Conditioner (Should be done after by the 4th if not 3rd use.)

23rd/24th August - Aussie Moist Conditioner (I'm going to keep using this consistently until it's done. I like it but I've had it for too long.)

Last edited:

coyacoy

hi there! sorry i am late posting my final results........drum roll please.......reduced my stash by a whopping 15% ! :creatures

on to part II!!

1stladyv

I used up 4 products.....down to 2 cheapie conditoners, 3 shampoos(all of which are neutralizing), 4 deep conditioners. I haven't really used up the styling products or leave ins. they seem to last forever.

faithVA

I used up 4 products.....down to 2 cheapie conditoners, 3 shampoos(all of which are neutralizing), 4 deep conditioners. I haven't really used up the styling products or leave ins. they seem to last forever.

Hey 1stladyv, the 1st phase of this challenge ended June 30th. We are in phase 2 now. If you want to join us, please come on over to the new thread. But good job on using up more products.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=554217