Using Oils, Butters, and Dressings: What I learned from Macherieamour!

Eiano

LMAO yep, that's me too. I got a relaxer the other day and my stylist (a Dominican lady) washed my hair and used NO product. I've never had this much swing in my life.... all she did was spray me with some oil sheen... and not heavy handedly either. I haven't been seeing any breakage either!!!

I saw that lil dab she used in the Saran Wrap tutorial and I was like:eek:

So I'll be changing how I use products too!

Aidenberry03

This is the truth, I will have to say less is more too. I am a grease monkey QUEEN, but yesterday, I was purposely careful with my product usage (except my conditoner, I just can't leave it alone) and I had great results. Boy Macherie, you know your stuff.:lol:

DivaRox

This is gonna be the hardest thing to get used to. I watched the video and was surprised too. How do you make sure every strand gets 'enough'? Plus, I didn't know too much DC was bad too. I thought you were supposed to heap that stuff on. And when product labels say use a dime or quarter size I do, just ON EVERY SECTION of hair!! :look:

OhmyKimB

I just tried using A LOT less moisture today since I washed and blew dryed my hair yesterday. And it's actually very very moist! I dc once a week when I wash my hair.

growingbrown

Ayeshia said:
I agree a lot of people asked me what the aveda stylist used in my hair to get the shine and swing...truth be told literally NOTHING. It works :yep: The more porduct and heat protectant you use the worse your flat iron and rollerset results will be. Even dosuing your hair with conditioner to DC can skew your results too.
Gorgeous hair Macherie :love:

I have just learned this recently. Why is this a fact? Does this work for everyone?

jade998

Wow.... I am doing a hair day on Friday ( I have the day off and decided to treat my hair), I might try this minimal hair product.

I love the seran wrap tutorial- If I don't have to use direct heat when I start wearing my hair out, it would be great. I just have to invest in a pibbs.

jade998 said:
Wow.... I am doing a hair day on Friday ( I have the day off and decided to treat my hair), I might try this minimal hair product.

I love the seran wrap tutorial- If I don't have to use direct heat when I start wearing my hair out, it would be great. I just have to invest in a pibbs.

I was thinking the same thing. If I could get it all flowing and stuff with no direct heat, I am all over that!!!!

CurleeDST

It's funny, when I was relaxed I just never liked a lot of products in my hair especially grease so I didn't apply a lot. I used to get so many compliments on how ungreasy my hair looked (this was in high school) and how fluffy and swingy my hair was. It also felt really good as well. I just never realized how good of a practice I was actually doing. Thanks Macherie for sharing the wealth of knowledge.